General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

more part numbers to look up

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM

more part numbers to look up

i have 2 numbers. i am sure they are a left and right.

i have no group number but they are the fuzzes for the window. i have a complete set for the interior of a car but they are not in packages and don't have part numbers on them. there was this paper that was with them and i think they are the part number to the front set or back set. thanks for any help you can give me.
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:08 AM

Grp. 11.015 1968 all -77 (post car) w/ bright mouldings Quarter windows...

Last edited by Yellowstatue; January 5th, 2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Bright flash of light...
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
i have 2 numbers. i am sure they are a left and right.

i have no group number but they are the fuzzes for the window. i have a complete set for the interior of a car but they are not in packages and don't have part numbers on them. there was this paper that was with them and i think they are the part number to the front set or back set. thanks for any help you can give me.
You know you can look these up yourself on Wild About Cars? 1972 and 1983 editions are posted and more are coming.
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...=9980334161483

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online with your own garage where you can show off what you have.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM

thanks, to tell you the truth, i didn't know the parts manuals were there. have they been there for a while?
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
thanks, to tell you the truth, i didn't know the parts manuals were there. have they been there for a while?
You betcha! Pretty awesome Stuff, thanks Kurt.

Side question,

What do we mean when we say "post" car? I know there's Hardtop Coupe, Sports Coupe. And now there's a post?

I'm confused..
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Hdtp is obvious - no post.
Sports Coupe - has chrome around the window frames and post.
Post Coupe - is a sedan with paint around the window frames and post.
[At least that's how I understand it!]
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Rickman48
Hdtp is obvious - no post.
Sports Coupe - has chrome around the window frames and post.
Post Coupe - is a sedan with paint around the window frames and post.
[At least that's how I understand it!]
Um, almost, but not quite.

A "Post" car is a generic term for a 2-door car that that has a body pillar between the door window and the back seat window. It also has a full frame around the door window. AKA a 2-door sedan.
A "hardtop" is a generic term for a 2 or 4-door car that does not have that body pillar.
"Coupe" gets lost in the terminology because some coupes are post cars and some are hardtops. So a "coupe" is basically just not a convertible.

Now "Sports Coupe" (for Oldsmobile, at least) is a *model* name. The Sports Coupe is usually a more deluxe version of the post car, with the "Club Coupe" models being more basic. But what the exact name the models are called vary some over the years.

And always remember, the more metal you see, the lighter the car. Post cars are lightest, with the hardtops being the next heaviest, with convertibles weighting the most!
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Great! Thanks for the info.

So i'm guessing my 72 is definitely NOT a post car since the front door glass has no metal around it. I honestly like the look alot better, but that's just personal preference.

Originally Posted by wmachine
Um, almost, but not quite.

A "Post" car is a generic term for a 2-door car that that has a body pillar between the door window and the back seat window. It also has a full frame around the door window. AKA a 2-door sedan.
A "hardtop" is a generic term for a 2 or 4-door car that does not have that body pillar.
"Coupe" gets lost in the terminology because some coupes are post cars and some are hardtops. So a "coupe" is basically just not a convertible.

Now "Sports Coupe" (for Oldsmobile, at least) is a *model* name. The Sports Coupe is usually a more deluxe version of the post car, with the "Club Coupe" models being more basic. But what the exact name the models are called vary some over the years.

And always remember, the more metal you see, the lighter the car. Post cars are lightest, with the hardtops being the next heaviest, with convertibles weighting the most!