General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

July 2009 Hemmings Classic Car Magazine

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM

July 2009 Hemmings Classic Car Magazine

Anybody have a copy of this mag? I got a call from an automotive writer who said he saw our club ad in HCC. The thing is, I didn't place an add in the mag. Does anyone have a copy of the Northern Lights Chapter Car Show in the Town of Olds, Alberta on July 18th that they can scan to show me. He said that Hemming "is very particular about who they write about" and I'd just like to see it. Since they didn't interview me, I'm curious as to what they wrote....if othern than just a listing.

Thanks
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:49 AM

here it is Ken, a listing in the calendar (sorry about the size, best I could do)

Last edited by jeffreyalman; June 16th, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:09 AM

Hey thanks man! It's just a listing. The writer made it sound like it was an article. Anyway, he's now writing an article about our show and club and it should apprear in the Toronto, Ottawa Calgary and Edmonton Sun's at the end of the month. Thanks for you time and trouble.
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:38 AM

no problem, I will look more closely when I get home to see if there is an article but I did not think there was
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by kurtdaniel
wow,,i didnt realize that ur club is that famous to be featured in hemmings...congrats..
Yep, we're pretty famous!
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by kurtdaniel
Ive been a long time member of other car club..and now im totally excited to be a parts of this oldsmobile club..
What club were you with and what club are you with now?
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:10 AM

Ken did you see the latest issue????
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jeffreyalman
Do you mean the one with the '68 Delmont 2 Dr. HT?? Oh man!!! I'm still drooling over that one.
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 442much
Yep, we're pretty famous!
Ken, the pic in your signature looked familiar, and then it dawned on me ... I recently read your article in the November issue of Journey with Olds. Congratulations on being published in the OCA magazine!
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by jeffreyalman
Originally Posted by stlbluesbrother;
Ken, the pic in your signature looked familiar, and then it dawned on me ... I recently read your article in the November issue of Journey with Olds. Congratulations on being published in the OCA magazine!
Thanks guys. I've heard, but haven't seen it yet. Apparently the new printer doesn't know how much in stamps to use to get the magazine to Canada so I haven't received Sept, Oct or Nov JWO yet. Hopefully I'll get them soon.

Looks like I made BIGJERR's calendar too, so it must be my month!

Last edited by 442much; November 8th, 2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Trying to remember member

Yes, nice article in JWO. Ken! But you're a bit too modest and talked about the club events. I was hoping to read about your car, and especially the background and options.
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Yes, nice article in JWO. Ken! But you're a bit too modest and talked about the club events. I was hoping to read about your car, and especially the background and options.
Kurt,

The details on my car are on at the 73-77 Registry which is the link just above my signature picture. The story, I think everyone's heard it before. Also my cardomain sight (link also posted here) shows the car and story since I bought it in 1979. I appreciate your interest though, considering all the beautiful cars on this forum.
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by 442much
Kurt,

The details on my car are on at the 73-77 Registry which is the link just above my signature picture. The story, I think everyone's heard it before. Also my cardomain sight (link also posted here) shows the car and story since I bought it in 1979. I appreciate your interest though, considering all the beautiful cars on this forum.
I know the story is elsewhere, but I do think it is worth repeating especially with all the non-standard aspects. And it was long enough ago that there are many new Olds enthusiasts that haven't heard it. A mention of the story and a link would have been in order! Like I said, methinks you're a bit too modest...
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Great write up Ken and nice pictures too. We now have a published writer in the group. Ya done well if a bit modest
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Great write up Ken and nice pictures too. We now have a published writer in the group. Ya done well if a bit modest
Thanks. What pictures did they use. I understand that they used my signature pic. Any others?
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
I know the story is elsewhere, but I do think it is worth repeating especially with all the non-standard aspects. And it was long enough ago that there are many new Olds enthusiasts that haven't heard it. A mention of the story and a link would have been in order! Like I said, methinks you're a bit too modest...
I guess I'll have to sit down and write an in depth, detailed story of my car. I suppose everyone thinks their car is special and I'm no exception. I don't know what will make my story any more special than anyone elses. There are a few details that are cool in the telling of my story I suppose, dealer installs, how many 455 442's were ordered that year, yada, yada, yada. The salesman who sold the car is dead and the dealership is gone, so backup will be impossible. Helen Earley is dead, can't go back to her to verify, so it will become a good plausible story with no proof. All in all, it will at least be a good story and there are only 14 known to exist and that's verifiable. I'll start writing and at least it will be something to pass down to my boys on the car that brought the three of then home from th hospital. Thanks for the interest Kurt and the kick in the pants. I'll post a copy when finished.