General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

How many Canadian Built 66 Delta 88's made??

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM

How many Canadian Built 66 Delta 88's made??

Just wondering if anyone might know how many 2 Door Hardtop Delta 88 Models built in Canada with bucket seats with head rests/console & rpm tach etc etc???? I know some also have tilt and telescopic steering? Rare???
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Didn't know Olds built anything in Canada.
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM

Well as far as I know according to my 2 cars on the inner door jambs they have the chrome plates reading CANADA??? I know Oshawa was known for assmebley??? I'm trying to do a little history on my cars, find out where they were assembled so on and so forth, Besides I haven't seen any Delta 88 models in the US have the options the Canadian built cars do. Just curious.
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Didn't know Olds built anything in Canada.
Oldsmobiles were also built in Regina, Saskachewan until WWII. They closed the plant down after the war. There were even Cutlasses and 442's built in Oshawa and there were Oldsmobiles built in Ste. Therese, QC.

If you want to know about your Canadian built(or sold) car, contact George Zapora at GM of Canada in Oshawa. He handles the vintage section. It will cost you, but don't know what that is now. Go to GM Canada website and look up vintage services. Good Luck
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Sweet! thats nice info thanks alot 442!!!!!!!! I appreciate it.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Land Yacht Captain

http://vintagevehicleservices.com/
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by HolidayCoupe
Just wondering if anyone might know how many 2 Door Hardtop Delta 88 Models built in Canada with bucket seats with head rests/console & rpm tach etc etc???? I know some also have tilt and telescopic steering? Rare???

Mine has those options, except for the telescopic wheel. I saw a white one go by my house one day and I basically flagged him down so I could look at it and show off mine. His had the all the options you mentioned above. I didn't ask where his was made.

My Canadian purchased (Saskatchewan), Delta, has a a tag in the door jam that has Canada above the numbers. The numbers don't seem to relate to anything in the service manual. However, the body tag on the cowl has an 'X' in the middleish, therefore leading me to believe the car was built in Kansas City.

A have not verified this though.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by HolidayCoupe
Originally Posted by Red Delta
Mine has those options, except for the telescopic wheel. I saw a white one go by my house one day and I basically flagged him down so I could look at it and show off mine. His had the all the options you mentioned above. I didn't ask where his was made.

My Canadian purchased (Saskatchewan), Delta, has a a tag in the door jam that has Canada above the numbers. The numbers don't seem to relate to anything in the service manual. However, the body tag on the cowl has an 'X' in the middleish, therefore leading me to believe the car was built in Kansas City.
A have not verified this though.

Guys, post your data plate info and we'll tell you where they were made. As Ken said, GM Canada can give you detailed info on your car.
They cannot, though, tell you how many were made with what options.
I want to reiterate that this info is for cars build in Canada, and/or sold new in Canada.
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by wmachine
Guys, post your data plate info and we'll tell you where they were made. As Ken said, GM Canada can give you detailed info on your car.
They cannot, though, tell you how many were made with what options.
I want to reiterate that this info is for cars build in Canada, and/or sold new in Canada.

I have the protect-o-plate for it. I will scan it in when I get home and post it. I meant to do that a while ago, but I keep forgetting...