General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Got any leads on this 72 cutlass s?

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2016, 08:03 PM

Got any leads on this 72 cutlass s?

Hey guys. I remember first finding oldscentral in 2014. I looked everyday multiple times a day in the summer and finally found a car in MN. Since then 2 years have gone by and still no other good cars. I have only looked at 2 ever. One was not so good and the other was too nice and the seller didnt want to go down on the price. Now I kick myself for being young and stupid (I am only 16 now so still probably going to make some bad descisions and whatnot. Although not pertaining to a cutlass. It will be my baby) I didnt see how bad some of the cars can be. I saw a scratch on the paint and a little blubbling on the fender and ignored the car. I deleted the sellers number but he was 19 at the time and I am sure either traded it or sold it. This car has just about everything I want. I am a huge fan of bucket seats, ss3 wheels, and I like how it sits, just like a normal cutlass. If you know anything about the car or have the number of the guy who sold it please comment! I have been looking for a car for 3 years and still havent found anything worth buying let alone looking at in MN!

https://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/fo...S-Pillager.php
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:49 PM
same but different

Hey man, don't give up.

Stick to your guns and wants. Settle for only the little things, other words, you got to be patient.

Looking for the right car is gonna take some home work. Don't leave any stone un turned.
Old May 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by don71
Hey man, don't give up.

Stick to your guns and wants. Settle for only the little things, other words, you got to be patient.

Looking for the right car is gonna take some home work. Don't leave any stone un turned.
Exactly, thats why I asked about this one. I am sure something will come up. There was a 72 cutlass with a dual gate shifter I went and saw after seeing it on oldscentral and then again on CL. That one was probably worth around 7k but they tried selling for 9200. I also saw they bought it for less than 8k because thats what the price was on oldscentral from a previous owner. I feel bad for the car too. I did my hw and traced it back to the 2nd owner. They wanted to play hotrod and put on cragars that are too big for the wheel wells, dropped in a (less hp and torque) 403, and just made the thing a piece of junk compared to what it used to be. If it was stock, it would have been my dream car. It was even the rare radiant green as an original color. (Car was painted a dark green 1973 color when I saw it) My favorite part about that car was the black bucket seat with dual gate shifter interior. The thing I hated, was the owner. All tacky used car salesmen attitude. Toothpick in his mouth, leather jacket, calling it a 442, ughh. All it had was 442 emblems thats it! The guy even said the tire air caps that were skulls were cool! Ughh. I would like to save that car but I would rather find a nice 3 or less owner car with the original engine.
Old May 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM

72 Olds Cutlass "S"

Scary! I thought the car in the picture was mine. It looks just like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
72 Cutlass Side 1.jpg (498.8 KB, 28 views)
72 Cutlass Side 2.jpg (620.6 KB, 18 views)
72 Cutlass S.jpg (673.0 KB, 15 views)
72 Cutlass Rear.jpg (557.3 KB, 12 views)
Old May 13th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BOOWAH
Scary! I thought the car in the picture was mine. It looks just like it.
Only different...

Old May 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM

You're right. It's not a Cutlass "S" like mine. It's a Cutlass Supreme, or at least the grill of one. Mine is all original, numbers matching with 68k on the odometer and has an AACA Senior Grand National title. However it does have a Flame Orange exterior and white interior like mine
Old May 14th, 2016, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by BOOWAH
You're right. It's not a Cutlass "S" like mine. It's a Cutlass Supreme, or at least the grill of one. Mine is all original, numbers matching with 68k on the odometer and has an AACA Senior Grand National title. However it does have a Flame Orange exterior and white interior like mine
If it was a supreme it would have the notchback roof. Only supreme grills. If I had gotten that car I would have kept it as id except for getting the right 72 cutlass grills (look better imo) and get the 442 bumper and trumpet tips going.