General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fuzzies

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2017, 09:40 AM

Fuzzies

I got the fuzzies for 1970 conv. from Fusick which are PUI.
They dont match from the front to back on the outers. Has anyone had this issue and are the ones from Steele Rubber any better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fuzzies.jpg.jpg (1.48 MB, 53 views)
Old March 20th, 2017, 09:49 PM

I wish I could help you, but I also have been shopping around everywhere for correct beltline catwiskers for my 1972 Vista Cruiser and they all don't seem to be 100% correct. I find it hard to believe that Oldsmobile shouldn't have used the same basic materials across the line. I even got a bunch of samples from Restoration Specialties that said they were for early 1970s GM beltlines and none were correct. Einstyn says his are correct, but he doesn't have them in stock...

Tom

Last edited by tcolt; March 23rd, 2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:30 AM

I bought mine for my '71 vert about 2 years ago from OPGI. They were a perfect fit and required no trimming. I have bought other items from Rock Auto, Fusick (and a few other places over the years). But, even though their prices are almost always higher, I have never had any type of fitting issue with anything that I have bought from OPGI.

Sometimes the higher price is worth the lack of the hassle later.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM

I purchased four sets of outer window fuzzies for our '70 Cutlass wagon. The first set was from Einstyn, they were actually contoured for Chevelle wagon doors on the rear. They were destroyed in the process of my painter attempting to reprofile them. The second set was sourced from eBay and were manufactured by Repops. The quality was acceptable, but again the profile did not match the Cutlass wagon doors and I sent them back. Then I noticed that Steele rubber was offering fuzzy kits for '70-72 Cutlass wagons. I immediately ordered a set with complete confidence that they would look and fit the best of any vendor available. When the package arrived it was from PUI and my first thought was "What the Hell is this?" Then I opened the package to find that not only was the profile the same as the Chevelle wagon, the beading was completely different from the originals. I called Steele the next day and expressed my dissapointment because their products are normally very good quality. They offered to refund my money minus shipping and wanted me to pay to ship them back. I told them that they had sold me something that I had bought in confidence was up to their normal standard of quality, and intern they had a less than reputable vendor send me their product. Ultimately they had UPS pick the package up. Then I called Fusick, the online catalog did not list these fuzzier for '70-72 wagons. When I talked with the rep, he stated that he thought that they DID have a few sets for '70-72 four door sedans. I purchased a set of these and with some very minor modifications, they fit the car perfectly and looked identical to my old originals. I would suggest, keep searching and maybe even ask Fusick if they have any other options. Good Luck!

Last edited by Funkwagon455; March 23rd, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:25 PM

Thanks Funk! I guess that is another part number I could use from you before I call them, once you get back. I'm looking forward to it :-) ...
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:36 AM

Don't wait on me, call them today. These vendors know what they have and if you know what you want, (and don't want) then you should be able to move forward immediately. Fusick emailed me pictures and measurements prior to my order.
Old March 24th, 2017, 02:47 PM

Okay, I'll call them again. They both swore to me that they don't carry the vent window seals, but we'll see what they say about the wagon fuzzies. Did they have the rubber lip that covers the top of the painted door a tiny bit and the stainless bead visible right next to that?...

As far as I know the main difference would be that the VC had 35" rear doors and Cutlass wagon may have had too. I don't know about the Chevelle, but I think those doors were shorter...
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Sending a pm, nobody appreciates hijackers..