General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Aussie Swap: Ballarat 2010.

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Aussie Swap: Ballarat 2010.

I will preface this by saying there is not one Olds thing in here as we didn't get many olds in Australia, I did see a Toro on the way up to the swap, but didn't see it there. Saw a '56 88 coupe but didn't take a photo of it. That was all Olds that I saw. this is Australia's biggest swap 16mi to walk all around it. its held in the side paddocks of the airport, two main paddocks in a L shape. One is the tail end of the runway so you get small planes buzzing you all day. its a big open space so your out in the elements, Friday is was hot and windy.

As I said, nothing Olds as such, but thought it might be of interest to some, what swapmeets are like elsewhere. look in the background as you might also see things of interest. As I'm mostly into Hot Rods, thats most of what I took photos of.

Mod's, if you think this is too OT then please remove.

thanks Corey

Some pictures I took at the swap on Friday, got lazy on saturday and didn't take anymore, there were some notable things there such as roadster ute bodies etc. anyway.

Ford Ute for sale, thought it was a good buy for the money, of course didn't see it in the flesh.

Poly heads

XW ute, think it was 12k, couldn't build it for that, there was an army XY on the airfield on saturday for 3k, was a base model. drum brakes etc, needed repair but a good start on what is getting to be a desirable ute.

stuff.

the A frame seemed ok for the money.

38-9 chassis don't know how much it was.

37 ute, again, sorry don't know how much it was.

one of the cars on the airfield.

just like the stance of this one. Not a big fan of late fords, but this one was nice.

the yanky coupe that is in the back ground of the photo before.

thought this was ok for a start.

original A roadster ute.

Now this broke my heart. Sacralidge

look closely... why oh why wouldn't you just have traded for a truck???

old sprint car apparently 6k but alot of work.

As for me I got some good buys and saw some good stuff. had a good weekend and caught up with friends.