General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

American Racing Headers

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
wait.... what....

American Racing Headers

I just have to give a HUGE shout out to Nick at American Racing Headers. I bought a set of small block American Racing Headers from Smitty last Oct, and i finally had a chance to install them this past August. When trying to install them, they didn't even come close to fitting. They hit the oil filter adapter so bad that they came about 1/2" away from bolting up, and they also hit the block on the drivers side by the motor mount. Now when i got these headers from Smitty i noticed that they were marked with "BB" on them, so i called Smitty and asked him if that meant big block and he said no, but if there was any fitment issues to let him know. So fast forward back to this August when i have fitment issues, i send Smitty a couple emails, he asks me for pics, and confirmed that they in fact were BB headers. He then tells me that he has just had surgery and his shop is closed, and my two options are to wait for him to sell some things to get some money to buy a set of headers to replace the ones i have, or to sell them myself. I decided to wait and let him try to make it right, plus i know if i was to try and sell the headers myself i would lose a bunch of money. Around the end of Oct i sent him a few emails, and pm's asking him how he was making out, and when he got back to me, he pretty much said i was on my own and should try to sell them. I'm not a rich guy, and have to work a lot of overtime to fund my hobby so i was pissed about basically being out $1000. I ended up calling Nick at American Racing Headers, and he was pissed that i got treated this way. He ended up telling me that he would step up and make this right. Not only did he send me out a new set of headers quickly, but he went above and beyond and even paid for the shipping for the new headers to me and the old ones back to him!!! So for now i am done with the small business guy, and i only going to deal with the actual company that makes the part when i can, especially when i get treated like this. Again i HIGHLY recommend American racing headers if you need a set of headers! This whole deal left a sour taste with me and had me a bit discouraged, but now hopefully these ones fit good and i can back on track with working on my car.
Old November 9th, 2013, 06:11 PM

glad to see it work out you got some photos of them installed yet ?
Old November 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
wait.... what....

Not yet, i just picked them up today
Old November 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM

I ordered a set of BB ARH headers a couple of months ago. I cut out the middleman and ordered them from Nick at ARH. I asked if he could send me a extra header flange. so I can send it with the heads for port work. That way BTR has a mirrior image of my header flange. "NO PROBLEM". When the box came, there was the extra flange included, free of charge. I agree with you, I recommend them too.