General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

72 CS rear quarter window roller springs or NOT?

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2020, 08:53 AM

72 CS rear quarter window roller springs or NOT?

Need to know why my rear quarter windows do not have the roller springs nor do they have the tab to put the springs on. I have power windows factory equipped. I have replaced all rollers and have adjusted by the manual to a point of "I've had it!" With the front windows down they fall forward and they catch the bottom vertical rubber seal as they go down. Going up they do not fully seat in the up right position. I have to lower a bit and help them by hand. With the front windows up they do better but will leak wind noise if I don't reset them by hand.
I have discuss this with Scott Wynn beings he has seen just about everything out there during his disassembles and thinks that GM stop putting them on in the early 70s.
Okay if so then how did they adjust to work right? Beings this was a full frame off restoration all of the original markings from the factory set are pretty much gone, some of the washer marks still show and have tried those settings to no avail.
My car has AC and I don't roll all the windows down anyway and when I am showing the car only the front windows are down. I am a person of if they roll up and down then they should properly. Don't know if the Olds judges would ask to see them go up and down or not.
Please help me put my mind to rest, or was there a trick?