General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

'67 Turnpike Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM

'67 Turnpike Cruiser

Hey Everybody, I hope "Irene" doesn't damage anyone's cars, property, or family members. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I have a little house in Ocean City, Maryland. The real reason for my latest post is this: Does anybody know the production figures for the 1967 Turnpike Cruiser option? I'm pretty sure it was only available on the Cutlass Supreme line. I am kinda interested in one (like I really need another car) and was wondering if you guys know much about them. Any info. would help and certainly be appreciated. I'll check in from time to time for updates. Gotta go watch the Weather Channel!!!!! Thanks in advance, Dave.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM

Hey Dave I have a 68 442 convertible,turnpike cruiser and I have asked around and no one knows the production number. Ive been told I have a "rare" car but like you Ide like to know how many were built but I guess Ill never know. Goog luck!
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM

The cool factor is the 400 engine with 442 style dual exhaust. The 256 rear gear is for the highway and the climatic combustion system with 2bbl carb is standard. They got the Turbo 400 trans and overall it was what it was....a highway cruising package. There was no body badging as one era magazine article showed. I like the package....
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:38 PM

I've seen numbers for the '67 Turnpike Cruiser just north of 2,000 cars. & they were all Cutlass Supremes.

Last edited by hurst68olds; August 27th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Stevec
Hey Dave I have a 68 442 convertible,turnpike cruiser and I have asked around and no one knows the production number. Ive been told I have a "rare" car but like you Ide like to know how many were built but I guess Ill never know. Goog luck!
Well I must be "no one" then. I don't have production figures for '68, but I do for '67, but no breakdown of Holiday Coupes and Convertibles. 2063 were produced through June, so based on figures around there, 2365 is a reasonable estimate for the year.

These production figures are not posted yet on Wild About Cars, but will be soon.
Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online. You can even have your very own club there and a personal forum.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Dave I don't have anything to offer on the Turnpike Cruiser. My sister got married on the beach at the Clarion in Ocean City in June. My new brother-in-law has a townhouse in Fenwick Island right by Happy Harry's. I know you have been to Nick's. Great ribs. Hope your property and everybody else's survives the storm. My sister and her husband actually live in Newark, Delaware. We are talking to them often.
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
..... but I do for '67, but no breakdown of Holiday Coupes and Convertibles. 2063 were produced through June, so based on figures around there, 2365 is a reasonable estimate for the year.
Kurt,
Don't forget the "SPORT COUPES" ....... Harry has one, although it "grew" a couple extra 2bbls.

How did you end up at 2365? If the 2063 is accurate for 11 months of production (beginning August '66 to the end of June '67 with an average of 188 a month), I'd think 2250 would be a more reasonable estimate but equally in the WRONG!!

Were '67 Turnpike Cruisers built at all plants? Is there any indication on the body tag of T-C or CCC?
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Here's a pic of my uncle's '68 Turnpike Cruiser. One thing I noticed different was the driver's side exhaust manifold. It is an "X" manifold but the casting number was different than the manifolds on my H/O.

Is there a 400 2bbl (only) driver's side manifold?