Power window issue '67 delta....

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Registered Luser

Power window issue '67 delta....

Well, since I haven't touched the vista all summer, I decided to do some maintenance on the '67 delta. It is a power window car, and they were working slow...the drivers window wasn't working at all, stuck in the down position. I think I figured out the drivers window, as one of the rollers was broken. I wanted to pull each window one at a time, along with the motor and regulator, clean, re-lube and reinstall. I got one done, and was working the switch up and down, no problems. Then, nothing. At any of the windows. The fuse is still intact. I tried a different switch, still nothing. I haven't started probing with a test light, but was thinking the relay may have died. Can anyone give me any ideas? Where is the relay(s)? I am bidding on a chassis manual, and I probably can go to wildaboutcars...but was having issues the last time, for location. Please help. I would like to enjoy this car a little this summer! Thanks...
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Oldsdruid

Erik, in addition to the fuse and relay there is a circuit breaker in the power window/ seat circuit. It's on the firewall and feeds off the main junction block underhood, and the CSM doesn't show it- it will be in the Fisher Body book. The relay is inside the car on the LH cowl, behind the kick panel trim and sometimes kinda up behind the dash.
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Registered Luser

Great. Thanks Glenn. I picked up the fisher body book for '67, as well as a CSM. I should have them in a few days. I will start by checking out using your info!