Ring & Pinion install Cd

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2015, 04:18 PM

Ring & Pinion install Cd

I may be posting in the wrong place but I have a Richmond Gears Installation Video CD for sale. This was a big help when I was setting up my rear. Along with advise from others on this forum I successfully changed my diff from a 2:52 peg leg to a 3:42 posi. I offer it up to anyone who will pay the postage to have it sent to them. My hope is that it will help them set up their differential and they can pay it forward to the next guy. If interested send me a pm.
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I will add i had that video and it really helps explain alot . I also did the same thing and that video has been passed around among many friends and friends of friends
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:43 PM

R&p

Please see PM.
rich
Old February 25th, 2015, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by BackInTheGame
Please see PM.
rich
I'll take it after you BackInTheGame. I'm in no hurry, just let me know when you're done with it.
Old February 25th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Hookers under Hood

Hey Mac, what gear do you think your going to go with when the time comes. I think if I had to do it again I would have went with the 3:73 rather than 3:42. Simply because my car is somewhat heavier than the pre 73's also with my 235 60 15 rears.
Eric
Old February 25th, 2015, 05:56 PM

Well the wife will still want long road trips so I'll go with the 3.42s. I imagine that would be way better than the current 2.56s.
Old February 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Hookers under Hood

True that, long trips would be a little aggravating.
Old February 25th, 2015, 06:33 PM

Guys mine is no track star but for an all around street cruiser with some get up and go and the 3: 42's with an 200r4 is a great combo
Old February 26th, 2015, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sampson
Guys mine is no track star but for an all around street cruiser with some get up and go and the 3: 42's with an 200r4 is a great combo
I'll bet! So many things on my list...so many things....lol.
Old February 27th, 2015, 07:49 PM

Next in Line

You got it, Mac. Give me a few weeks to review and let it all sink in, then I'll PM you for your address.

I've got these on the shelf waiting for me!

Rich
Attached Images
Old February 27th, 2015, 07:59 PM

You got it, Mac. Give me a few weeks to review and let it all sink in, then I'll PM you for your address.

I've got these on the shelf waiting for me!

Rich
Nice! You're definitely a step ahead of me. Feel free to hang on to the CD until it's all together and torquing you out of the driveway
Old February 28th, 2015, 04:54 AM
Hookers under Hood

Rich, I have already done the rear on my 76 with posi and 3:42 gears, I had a shop install them because I'm lazy LOL. However my question is, can this CD not be burnt ? Or copied onto a USB then opened up? This may help out alot of guys for a minimal cost of a CD or USB drive. It is great to see how everyone here helps each other out , The outside world doesn't come close to the dedicated members inside our CO forum. You guys are truly awesome!!!!!!
A thought and gratitude going out to all,
Cheers
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; February 28th, 2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 05:45 AM

Eric, pretty much any CD can be copied with the right software. But maybe it's best if we keep it legit.
Old February 28th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Macadoo
Eric, pretty much any CD can be copied with the right software. But maybe it's best if we keep it legit.
I agree with legit Mac, but if it were to get lost in the mail or somehow cracked and or destroyed, it may be a good idea to burn a few copies if its at all possible.
I hope it gets to you afterwards without any issues.
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:30 AM

copying content

Eric, you are correct in that it could be copied. However, I agree with Mac on this one. Since we are sharing the information, I view this as a book that is being shared among friends. Since only one copy has been purchased, to make copies of that and subsequently share those would be breaking copyright law - and semi-publicly in this case Similar to software licensing, only one copy is to be in use at a time, except where different/extra license(s) is purchased.

I'll do my best to move it along quickly

LLAP, as the recently departed Mr. Spock would say.
Rich
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Hookers under Hood

If it has a copyright provision on it then I see your point. I'm surprised to hear that a Differential install CD would have such strict licensing provisions.
Good to see this CD is being shared amongst the forum and helping out everyone interested.
Cheers
Eric
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:52 AM

Good Point

You make a good point, Eric, re: copyright of this particular item. I assume it is copyrighted as it was originally obtained (purchased?) from a retailer. Maybe it was a stand-alone purchase, maybe it was included with a set of gears. It may not be copyrighted. Still.... if someone else wants to make a copy, well I can't control that, eh?
Old February 28th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Hookers under Hood

You make a good point, Eric, re: copyright of this particular item. I assume it is copyrighted as it was originally obtained (purchased?) from a retailer. Maybe it was a stand-alone purchase, maybe it was included with a set of gears. It may not be copyrighted. Still.... if someone else wants to make a copy, well I can't control that, eh?
I hear ya , Perhaps if one day it gets lost, then popped up in a new landed U.S. person's laptop, they could change a few words , burn CD's then distribute.
Does this really happen Naw LOL. Coffee truck drivers sell some interesting stuff here lol.
Anyway good to see the original getting around to the guys that will use it for its intended purpose .
Honesty is the best policy eh !!
Cheers,
Eric
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:06 PM

Eric, you are correct in that it could be copied. However, I agree with Mac on this one. Since we are sharing the information, I view this as a book that is being shared among friends. Since only one copy has been purchased, to make copies of that and subsequently share those would be breaking copyright law - and semi-publicly in this case Similar to software licensing, only one copy is to be in use at a time, except where different/extra license(s) is purchased.

I'll do my best to move it along quickly

LLAP, as the recently departed Mr. Spock would say.
Rich
No hurry. Take your time and do it right