88 Custlass

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2006, 04:23 PM

88 Custlass

HI! My name is Justin and i'm an alc...wait a second, wrong place. Glad to be here!

Yes yes. I am one of the souls that owns the very last year of the carburated rwd Oldsmobile! I love this car to death. Only problem is, that I picked it up for very cheap so you can just imagine what kind of shape it is in! Very little rust, but where it does have rust are all of the troubled spots. Like door jams, trunk lid jam and the wheel wells. I was just wondering if there are any "website" secrets you guys might be willing to share?

Also, most of the popular "classic" cars have car catalogs dedicated to them, like YearOne. Does my particular car have anything like that?

By the way, I love long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners and hippoatamouses. Is that how you spell that?

- doc -
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:17 AM

Dude, you're nuts

I'm sure there are a few sites you can look at for fixing those rust spots, Summit and Jegs has a lot of aftermarket parts for the "G" body, but they have a few regular parts too. I bought a new heater core for $25 from Summit
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Past Administrator

HMMMM, about the catolog, probably not. About the walks on the beach.................NO. About the 88 Cutlass, yes! Welcome to our site.
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:07 AM

Yes, yes I am a little crazy! That is exactly what 5 1/2 months in Iraq will do to you! Thank you for the tips.

I was looking at the Summit catalog for their "G" body inventory, but I thought most of those parts were all for the more popular models. Like the Monte Carlo SS. Wait a second, how many of those parts will fit on my car!?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

- doc -