The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in

Mike, Sorry 'bout your neighbors' dog. I had a pointer that had a heart attack once in de field. I guess he was one of the lucky ones didn't suffer one sec.

Looks like it's gonna be 225/70 R 14

Got an early appointment with de Meals on Wheels grand poo bah. They wants sum $$$ and I want dem to help me promote de cemetery

Sandy, Have a hug. No one is up and watching

Enjoy de day Olds fiends
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Cool and light breeze here this mawnin.

Got the shed and garage cleaned out yesterday so one less thing on the hunnydo list.

Darrell, nice to hear from you.

Mike, sorry to hear about your neighbors tragedy.

Jim, business must be really dead. I figgeed plots an such were an automatic industry cause there's not gonna be a lack of clients. How does meals on wheels figger into it?

Late morning so time to put on dee koffee pot.

Enjoy your day.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM

Allan "Meals on Wheels " delivers food to de elderly 3/4 times a week. De smart ones pre plan.

De problem wit de cemetery bus is no one wants to think about what they're eventually gonna need
Old October 22nd, 2014, 07:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good, good Friday for a change. Got out around 4 and was home and in bed by 430. Got most of the day to myself and still got some sleep.

Sunny but cold. Might have to get up on the roof and clean out the chimney. It's feeling like the wood stove is gonna be pressed into use sooner rather than later.

As usual have plenty to do. Happy Humpin' everyone.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM

I do not really know what to say today.

This was a day I never thought I would experience in my hometown. Something I never thought would happen here even though it is the Capital of Canada.

I was not directly affected by any of this but I am still thinking about it. These are places I've visited, areas of the city I have worked in. I know these places, they are not happening somewhere else.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/...t=hp_inthenews

My thoughts are with the family of the soldier killed while guarding the War Memorial, the injured and with the police, military and security officers who keep us safe.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 07:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Saw that all unfold this morning on the news. Coverage stayed on till the early afternoon as authorities did their jobs. Being so far from Ottawa does distance the issue, but the event could have happened in any province. How much this will change Canada only time will tell.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Another dreary cold day today, temps in the 40's and windy. Some sun peeked out late but didn't last.

Finished touch up painting in Nicole's room today. Went to have lunch with Criss and Pam in Kent around 1:00. Criss bought! That was nice of him. It was yummy. Pam and I went on to the orchard. It's been in Criss's family for generations. It was very nice. I bought a small apple pie and some cookies I didn't need, lol. Got some apples for Nicole that she can take back with her. So I didn't get home until after 5 and I was stuffed, so Larry didn't cook tonight. It was a nice day.

Talked to some Houston folks and let them know I'd be back part time on the 3rd. I'm actually looking forward to getting back in a routine. Not looking forward to roasting again and listening to the complaining...... Larry has to fax my release to HR for me, and I'll email Steve next week and tell him. I plan on going in on the weekend before I go back and taking in some milk and food and stuff. I have to make sure the pair of capris I keep there still fit me. They might be tight on my swollen belly. If they are, I have to get a bigger pair to wear in there. God knows I can't go in wearing sweat pants! I'd have heat stroke!!! I'll probably turn the thermostat down a notch too.

Tomorrow is the clinic, so my whole afternoon will be shot. An hour over, probably be there an hour and a half or two hours, an hour home.

I didn't call Lin today to see how she's feeling. Jean called tonight. She's coming down Saturday for my birthday. I told Larry I want a banana split blizzard cake from DQ. He's going to pick up chicken too. So hopefully it will be a good day.

Larry made the comment tonight that he 'can probably un-hook the cameras now since Nicole is gone and he doesn't have to worry about who is coming into his house.' Dick........ I changed the subject.

I'm calling Windstream tomorrow. My phone bill is $80 a month for the phone and internet, which I think is too high. Nicole paid me $50 a month, since I got the internet when she moved in. Now I was going to have it shut off, but I looked online last night and they have a deal that it would be $36 a month for 2 years for phone and internet, then it goes up to $56 for life. Unlimited calls local or long distance, right now I'm out charged 10 cents a minute if we call out. I'd like to do away with the home phone altogether, but too many doctors and others have the number and use it. So I'm going to see what they say about this online offer. Gotta save money!

Paul.... that is a horrible thing that happened. Unfortunately no place is immune to the violence anymore.

Darrell.... nice to hear from you again! Glad things are going well. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks Jamesbo! Love ya!!

Well you all have a good night.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 04:06 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike bummer about the dog. Too bad they can't last as long as us.

Sandy, Nope. They pull that kinda crap, I leave and block the app. WWF didn't send me notifications if I missed a day. This one was sending them to me several times a day. I don't have time for that.

Darrell, Good to hear from you.

Paul, Its a sad state of affairs having to deal with this insanity. I know where you are coming from. Columbine, Aurora theatre, Platte canyon.

Jamesbo, hope the weather holds up till the truck gets done.

Have a day all.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:08 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Steam rising off the lake just as the sun comes up, how pretty. Cold in the house, I guess I'll have to call the gas company. When the dogs' ears are cold, I gotta do something.

Paul stuff like this makes me really want my own island. Gilligan's crew didn't know how good they had it.

Sandy my bill for cable TV and internet is 140 a month. I think that's insane. However I don't have an acceptable alternative.

Darrell you gonna tell us what you flipped?

Plenty to do, as always. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:50 AM

Mawn'in all

It's frigg'in freez'in down ere.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Cold and sunny but still no white stuff except the stuff on my scalp.

Made ham and cheese omelette with toast for de boy an me. De wife won't be up for a Copley hours. Heading out shortly to curling practice so I'll drop de boy off at college on the way.

Reminder: check your tire pressures and wiper blades with the onset of cold weather. Yesterday the LF tire on the low Saturn was down about 9 lbs. the others were down about 3-4 lbs. That can really hurt gas mileage, steering control and braking. Tire pressures and windshield wipers are 2 of the most overlooked safety issues on almost every vehicle out there. Small 3 minutes of your day to stay safe. Wiper blade reconditioning tip - clean the blade surface liberally with white vinegar, then wipe dry. Doesn't last forever but good for about 2 months.

Ok, all koffeed up and ready to go.

Enjoy your day.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:24 AM

It's frigg'in freez'in down ere.
It's friggin' freezin' up here! It was 32° when I got out of work last night, too cold too soon. Mike call your internet/tv provider and tell them that you are going to drop them, they should offer a lower price for awhile.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Always room for one more

I've thought of that Dan, but I don't usually do well with bluffs. If they said tough shtt, then what, I wouldn't drop them because there isn't another. I wouldn't be so mad if they'd give me Velocity. But that's HD and waay more expensive for that package, aside from buying an HD television.

I just saw that the guy making reproduction T3 headlights isn't making them anymore. I wonder why. You know I go to the museums and the high dollar restorations have mismatched headlights. Drives me crazy. People research color blobs on driveshafts, yet put the wrong headlights in. It's lunacy.

Lunch is over. Time to cut up firewood.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
I wouldn't be so mad if they'd give me Velocity. But that's HD and waay more expensive for that package, aside from buying an HD television.
WTH?? You don't have HD?? You're living in the dark ages my friend. HD has been a staple up here for many years. I couldn't go back to non HD even if I wanted to now. BTW HD TV's are soooo inexpensive now, and they are HD LCD LED Smart Tv's at fantastically low prices. eg: I bought my 46" Samsung LCD HD almost 5 years ago. It was 900.00 back then on sale. Now you can get the same TV with LED technology (which I would love to have BTW) for around 499.00

If your service provider is only offering cable service? Check to find out who will provide satellite service in your area and be prepared to voice that in your complaint to the service provider about pricing. FWIW our cable package up here includes the HD TV packages, phone, internet. It runs us 182.00 tax included, so in all honesty if you're not getting HD tv or good internet service you are indeed being ripped off.

Originally Posted by slantflat
People research color blobs on driveshafts, yet put the wrong headlights in. It's lunacy.
Yup, my driveshaft is color coded yellow and black. Still have the original Saginaw u-joints in them too. I also have a complete set of year code matched T3's for the car too. I pay attention to little details like that. (note leather gloves holding driveshaft to prevent scratching the paint?? )

Old October 23rd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Allan I guess I won't tell you then that I'm still watching the same 19" TV from Montgomery Ward that my Mother bought me when I was in high school. I plan on getting a big HD TV but I'm waiting until I get the living room painted and new furniture. So the whole room is new at the same time.

So I was up on the roof a little while ago cleaning out the chimney, and my neighbor called with things he needed help with immediately. I said, I'm on the roof it will be a little while. Okay he says, will you come over right away? Sheesh. So of course I went over so I could help him glue down a new AC register and put new rubber feet on a bar stool. I wish my crises were only of this magnitude.

Did I mention that I looked at a piece of property by me that was 2 acres with a 1200sq ft pole barn? I put an offer on it this afternoon. It was kind of a lowball, hey the ad said it was a motivated seller. We'll see how motivated he really is.

Okay back on the roof. Gotta clean out the gutters and blow off the roof.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Tired today, my son could not sleep last night because of all the lightning and heavy rain. He wanted me to stay with him and keep him company. Only problem was I ended up with about 3 hours of sleep. Surprised I'm still awake right now, Lol. Hopefully I'll get to sleep tonight.

I saw the reports about what happened in Canada. Horrible, to say the least. Now tonight, it just happened here in NYC where two police officers were attacked with a hatchet. The two officers are being treated and the terrorist is dead. Great right? This happened in the same area I was working in the other day. To top that off, we now have a confirmed Ebola case here in NYC. Ugh.

Well, on a lighter note....

Need to get my Olds out of storage, been sitting there for 3 months now. Had to put it there while I was working on the car I flipped.

Mike - I flipped a 95 Camaro Convertible with 31k org miles. All original time capsule, never had anything done except one battery replacement. Had to do a few things like replace the tires, sway bar links, tune up, front brakes, battery. Bought it from the original owner who just didn't want to do anything to it. Was a really good tight driving car when I got done with it.

Sandy - I will try to not be a stranger!

Clint- What's new? Have you been busy working on the farm?

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!
Had some sun today.... what a wonderful thing! We've only been without it for 2 days, but it seems like years already. And it's just starting.... temps were around 55*.

Larry came home at 11:30 today for our clinic trip. Surprisingly we didn't have to wait when we got there. Well, only waited about 10 minutes which is fast for them. Got the new tight sleeve and she measured me for the sleeve to wear at night. Of course it has to be ordered, but I should be able to pick it up at the Cleveland Clinic in Solon instead of having to go all the way to Cleveland's main campus. That will be nice. Got home and touched up the paint in our bedroom. I think Larry hits the door trim with his watch or something every time he turns on the light! The paint is always chipped off right there.

That's about all I got done today. Wanted to work my way down the hall tomorrow, but he is taking the day off so he can take his old trucks bumpers and stuff to Grafton to have them rechromed and he wants me to go along. So there goes another day. I wanted to take Teepo out.... we'll see I guess. I should go out to Blue's.....

Lin is doing fine. I called her this morning. She was just spending the day in bed with her legs elevated. They've got her scared of blood clots forming.

Mike.... several years ago the state went all digital. We had to convert to HD boxes if we had old TV's. That's when Larry went out and bought our first HD flat screen TV. If you had an HD TV, you didn't have to buy the converter box. HD is really nice!

I felt really good today. Not real stiff or sore. Thigh did hurt walking to the clinic from the parking deck though. And when I worked out this afternoon. Just feels like a gazillon electric shocks going through the thigh. If it wasn't for that, I'd be sooo over this whole mastectomy thing! The skin is still real tight from the top of the chest to mid thigh, like when I stretch and reach. But it's not as bad as it was! Ab area is still swelled and numb.... this too shall pass!

Well have a good night all. I gotta go to bed. I'm sure Larry will be up early....
Old October 24th, 2014, 02:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

Welp de truck went in de shop and a bud wit his bride wanted to go to de mountains fer a few days. De super model has a long weekend so I drove de 442 drop top up ere wit Red dog and my sticks. Not sure red likes de mufflers but we made it w/o any issues.

We're gonna let de ladies do ladies stuf [shop fer bubble bath etc] and we're gonna go play golf

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 24th, 2014, 04:05 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

That was a good one Jamesbo. I can understand most of your posts, but I'm not sure if you are home or up in the mountains,. Do they have a golf course up there? and Not sure who your married bud is. Either way hope you have a good weekend.

Sandy, Glad you are feeling better. Your whole attitude seems better as well. Glad you're healing up.

Darrell, Not much. Just keepin busy at the shop. I don't do much over at the ranch. thats the wifes deal. She's having a hard time right now. She need to get a new hire in as one is leaving in Nov. but her mom isn't right mentally anymore but still wants to run the show. I need to get my little yota in the shop and get the plow installed. we've been lucky so far, but I know its coming. I also need to get the toyhauler winterized. havent done it to this one yet. Should be interesting.

Have a Friday all.
Old October 24th, 2014, 04:28 AM

Clint, Yeah de got golf course up ere in de mountains. My bud was a young fella I met 'bout 2000 when I got my D-I-V-O-R-C- E [sung like Tammy] who help me learn to play golf. He's realy good Went to Q school but didn't make de big time
Old October 24th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

More fog, still cool, another nice one. Hope John made it to the mountains okay.

Gonna meet a guy at the Awful house and he's gonna work on my chainsaw. I think the poor thing is worn out, but I'm gonna try to get another year out of it.

Gee Clint I wish I were closer I'd apply for ranch hand. That sounds cool.

Okay another big day planned. Happy Friday everyone.
Old October 24th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning. Uh huh, just checked agin an it's still friggin dark and cold. Typical morning.

Practice was ok, but the ice had more swing and temperament than I expected on a competition sheet. Really hard to find draw weight on center glide path, and frost zones on outside made even up weight shots go wonky.

Gotta put away the deck furniture as its Spoda snow here on Sunday.

Both cars need washing today.

Enjoy your day.
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:01 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Practice was ok, but the ice had more swing and temperament than I expected on a competition sheet. Really hard to find draw weight on center glide path, and frost zones on outside made even up weight shots go wonky.
And I thought Jamesbos posts were hard to understand...

Tammy. Tammy, Tammy. I have a George and Tammy CD and almost the entire disc is songs about cheating and heartbreak. No wonder they couldn't get along.

Mike It would only be interesting for about a week. God love em, but the barn is full of ladies that spend more time gossiping, and henpecking than they do riding their mules. I can see why my wife would rather buck hay bales.

Have a day all.
Old October 25th, 2014, 04:10 AM

Mawn'in

Clint, I'm wit cha. I think he's talk'in 'bout hurl'in or curl'in
"Weight shots go wonky?"
I'm not sure but I know he can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up

Got beaten on de golf course like a rented mule . Me 42/42 my bud 36/35

Dis might be a good mawn'in fer de possum "No ShowJones"

Old October 25th, 2014, 05:41 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin Oldsmofriends

A might chilly in the land of cotton this fine morning. Gonna fair up nicely here shortly.

Whelp we have a mere 2 weeks until RWYB #9 Nostalgia Drags The trophies I am whittling on are coming along nicely, but yet again I am bringing down to the wire. Hopefully everyone will like them.

I guess today I will work on them relentlessly and try to get them ready to stain. Have a great weekend all
Old October 25th, 2014, 05:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh yeah I almost forgot

Happy Berfday Sandy
Old October 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Birthday, Sandy!

Gorgeous day(s) in the hills.... Sorry your whackin' was so lackin', Jamesbo.

How are you feeling, Mike? Hopefully all better. My inner dog has somewhat reduced his barking, so I think I've turned the corner. Car pick-up went swimmingly Wed., although we got up here a tad late.

Clint, I attached a video of what that gossipin' might have sounded like, iffin' it was about a century ago.

Good to see Old Skl up here, even with the new avatar! Darrell, is that Mike Myers with the helmet?

Whelpt, I have a lot of stuff not to do today, so let me get at it ;-) Deck painting hasn't started yet.

Have fab weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Old October 25th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.
Currently 32* here and forecast for colder overnights from here on in.

Clint/Jim. No trouble spellin Zamvolini without checkin de dixshunairy.

Weight is the speed a rock goes.
Swing is the amount it will deviate from an in turn or out turn release
Handle is the amount of in or out turn a player releases the rock with. Good rotation is about 3 revolutions from end to end.
No handle means no rotation which is bad.
Lazy handle is less than one rotation end to end. Makes rocks curl more than normal as weight comes down. Think of bullet rifling.
In turn means turning the rocks handle to the left
Out turn means turning the rocks handle to the right
Up weight has several categories: hack, board, heavy board, control, normal, peal.
Down weight is usually guard or house.
House is the rings that count points. Button is the center of the house. Also known as T line.
Pebble is the glide surface the rocks slide on
Frost zones slow the rocks progress and caN also cause a pick
Picks are uncontrolled changes in the rocks direction
Rocks are made of special granite and weigh -40 lbs.

That should get ya started. Oh yeah, you gotta do all this on very slippery ice and one foot has to have a Teflon slider on it so you can slide out and deliver the shot called by the skip.

Scot, I'm sure whatever you design for trophies will be just fine. Isn't organizing events a real beach?

Dan, over 23 meelyun now.

Darrell, or should,we start calling you Darth Hemet? Spaceballs was wonderfully creative spoof but I'm glad I didn't spend $$ to go see it at the theaters when it came out. John Candy was one of my favs from the SNL cast. He was fabulous in Uncle Buck.

Hope to get Richards table saw outta de garage this afternoon so I can put the wife's car away before it snows this eve.

Enjoy your day.
Old October 25th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, happy Saturn day my friend. Y'all posted whilst I was typing. Saw a new Avalonn driving in front of me couple days ago. Sharp looking car.

Darrells new avatar shows Rick Moranis.
Old October 25th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Thanks, Allan.... I'm a modern movie star (last 20 yrs.?) illiterate.

Whelpt, now that we know exactly how to play, where do we sign up?

Dunno if I'd be worser at golf or curling... prolly never will

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 25th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old October 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sunny Saturday. Got some good sleep this morning and need to finish up a couple things before work tonight. Got quite a bit done yesterday. Cleaned up some of the tree mess, got some fake stone for the living room. Raked, mowed, repeated.

Happy Birthday Sandy! Hope you have a bash.

I gotta tell you I'm not thrilled with this new advertisement that appears just above the reply box these days.

John glad you got the car. Hope you have many years enjoyment out of it. Wasn't Avalon a song by Roxy Music?

Okay gonna git to gittin' . Only a couple hours before the grind begins. See you's in a little bit.
Old October 25th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - yes it was. What is the ad that flies above the reply box? I use adblockerplus on my puter and never see crap like that. Try it, you'll like it.

EDIT: Sorry Mike. I didn't realize the ad was a sensitive issue. As you can see I removed it and put something more suitable in. BTW, when I was a kid in middle school? The schools name was ......Avalon. Coincidence?

Last edited by Allan R; October 25th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old October 25th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I absolutely loathed that commercial when I was a kid. Every day for YEARS some smartazz would come up to me spout that off. And I hated being called Mikey. You know what, now that I'm on the 50 side most people call me Mikey and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Sandy I'm glad you're having a nice day. I hope you didn't have to bake your own birthday cake. Have a good time with Nicole tomorrow.

That ad is one of those bar ads that are at the top of the page, this one is regular size until you click on something, like the reply button, then it grows to about three times regular size. It doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it, just saying it's a bit much.

Okay time for work. Have a good evening everyone.
Old October 25th, 2014, 05:09 PM
GM Enthusiast

Sandy- Have a great birthday! Hope all your wishes come true

Allan- yes my avatar is Dark Helmut from Spaceballs. Funny movie, my kids love it and I get to watch it at least twice a week. lol
Old October 25th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Had a beautiful sunny but windy day here today, temp got to almost 70*!! Just gorgeous.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm happy to celebrate 56 today, believe me. It was a good birthday. Jean came down and Jr. came over. I won $44 on the scratch off tickets Larry and Jr. got me. Jean gave me $50 and 3 pairs of neat Halloween earrings. Larry got me beautiful flowers, a Wal Mart gift card, and a garden/yard cart. I really wanted the cart so I don't have to make fifty thousand trips back and forth to the shed and garage when I bring yard decorations out or whatever. It will come in sooo handy! The banana split blizzard cake was delicious! Just had another piece a few minutes ago, lol. And Larry got chicken and stuff from Mr. Chicken.

After everyone left, I went out and cut the hostas down from under the tree in the front yard. Larry mulched up more leaves. Lord they are blowing into our yard from our rental house. Guess Ray can't teach his kids how to rake leaves over there....

This morning I ran the sweeper and Swiffered the kitchen floor. Washed some throw rugs and put them on the deck rails to dry in the sun.

I don't know what time Nicole is going to show up tomorrow. She got 2 kittens this week. She sent me videos of them! So cute!! She loves her animals.

Well I'm gonna shower and get ready for bed. You all have a great night!
Old October 26th, 2014, 05:41 AM

Must....have...coffee! Morning all!.
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
must....have...coffee! Morning all!.

x2
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Slurp! I got koffee.

Morning everyone. Anutter cold morning at 32*. Round 2 of curling goes tonight. When I finished my practice on Thursday I stopped in ar Rocks n Rackets. They had a nice ASHAM carbon fiber broom on sale. Marked down from 160.00 to 59.00!! I asked for a different broom head though and Josh switched it out for a more aggressive Norway pad. Sometimes the psychology of sports (like new equipment) helps overall competition. At least no one will have complaints about not being able to see the broom cause the head is bright fluorescent orange.

Put the snow shovel on the porch. Snow blower is parked in the garage now waiting for some exercise.

Happy Sols day John!
Old October 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Captain Starfire

Gorgeous Sun Day

Couldn't have nicer weather if you ordered it... chilly this morning, and sunny and mild in the afternoon.

Glad you had a nice day yesterday, Sandy! Sounds as if Larry is developing his inner empath ... Nice gifts!

Unfortunately, that specific Avalon song is even more foreign to me than Rick Moranis. However, if you want to go back a little further, I just might have some knowledge (one of my main guys, King Cole).

Anyhoots, here's the new car, since we've been talking about her. This is her picture right after her first bath.

So y'all have a fantabulous resto' weekend, Oldsmofriends. And I dare not pull for my poor Saints tonight -- at least on the board -- lest some Cheesehead rear his ugly head.

Old October 26th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, your new Avalon looks a lot like a car I'm looking at from another brand....

Honestly I don't recognize that version by NKC. I grew up on the Roxy Music version and it's hard to deviate from that...BTW if you notice, the lyrics to both songs are completely different too.