The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The Ins. Adjuster is coming today to look at the trailer. He told me over the phone since it has Aluminum skin its more than likely totaled. Thats what I figured. It just depends on how big the check is. I've been looking and over the years have not seen another comparable. This was the first year and they changed a lot in the 2002 model. NADA doesn't have a ave retail for the 01 but does for the 02. So it should be interesting.

Really digging my new pellet gun. Now that I have it sighted in. The tree rats had better be afraid. Very Very afraid. this one throws those hollow points much faster than the last. These pellets are going clean thru the critters. It would be nice to eradicate them from the neighborhood.

Have a day all.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Gee John, I sure hope Tiu's day changes your luck with the weather!

Looking like it's going to be another day in paradise here.

Got Graeme's laptop back yesterday from the puter repair store. The OS had gotten corrupted somehow so it all had to be reinstalled. All the programs need to be reinstalled so that's underway. Still have to find the contacts list from Window Mail.

Clint - Hope the valuation turns in your favor. What kind of range does the new pellet gun have? Is it .177 cal?

Paul - Had a Calais back in 85 but it had the Tech 4 instead with a tight 5 speed manual trans. It was a sweet driver and was fully loaded. I ordered it from Stedelbauer's and it took almost 7 months to arrive.

Mike - Just curious why you don't order the dogs food by the case? Probably get a bit of a discount that way. Surprised you're not loading the amphi in the M40 and shuttling it that way.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:42 AM

Clint,

Ya can come guard my garden. My beans' look like someone took a weed whacker to dem, De mater cages are falling over and de utter nite, I saw 1 coon on de deck holding up de bird feeder so de seeds would pour down his pals mouth.Deer, Squirels, Ground hogs, rabbits etc would make a wonderful stew
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Tiu's day to you tiu, Allan

... and ever-body else rye-cheer, as they used to say in the 9th Ward before it went under in Katrina. (That means "right here" for anybody in Twinsburg, Edmonton, or Denver .)

Put second filling of gravel on road holes yesterday. Seems the ap-cray the guy sold me as "crushed concrete" behaved more like mud after the rain... I'm going to have to have a talk w/ that guy... I used to buy some stuff from him that really worked. Well let's see how long the plain-ol' gravel I put yesterday lasts. It sure is a PITA to do, so money's not my primary consideration.

Allan, the gravel road to mi casa is about a quarter or fifth mile or so, and this dude from Kenner bought a 5-acre tract along it and proceeded to erect 4 modular homes just as a money-making proposition, supposedly. He put them up for sale a couple months ago, but the price he's asking makes me think he REALLY IS on crack. No way he'll get what he's asking. Anyhoots, one family has been in one of the places since new (at least 4-5 years), and they're very respectable and nice. The other 3 have been alternately occupied and vacant, and occupied by some rather questionable tennants. We have a couple in one now that's like some sort of mountain people that don't look up when you ride by. They do a lot of hunting and fishing, which is capital "F" Fine as far as I'm concerned -- as long as you don't dispose of your deer carcasses and entrails along the side of the road! The smell there was dern near unbearable.... honestly. I tell myself that's part of living in the sticks... having these uncivilized loons as neighbors. But I had semi-civilized loons when we were in N.O. before Katrina. So thank goodness I don't have to smell it at my house....

Anyhoots, that's the long & short of the "modulars." It was very nice along the little gravel access road before the jackass thought he'd make a killing by erecting the shacks. OK, done mit dat subject....

Yesterday, a long, long snake was creeping to my side door right in front of me... scared the wee-wee out of me for a second. It was a good 4' long (could have approached 5') and was by far the longest one I've seen here. Unlike most other folks, I have a good, healthy respect for the slithery guys -- but I would just like to now where the hell they are before I start weeding my gardens -- which is what I'm going to do as soon as I finish at da' 'puter.

That long booger disappeared in the weeds and I'll be darned if I can figger out where he went. Hope I don't see him there any more. He looked like an indigo snake, but I didn't think we were supposed to have many down here. Could also have been a racer. We see the cotton-mouths pretty regularly, but they're normally a couple feet at most and relatively fat. Also, they usually just stare right back at you with their gaping traps, daring you to come near. The honker yesterday was a real specimin, beautiful, I must say... long, lean & fast. And interested in getting the hades away from me ASAP. He appeared to be very dark and solid: either black or dark, dark brown, or maybe "indigo." (My poor color-blindness catches up with me regularly.) But I didn't have a chance to examine him too closely, mostly 'cause he scared the moccasins off me.

Whelpt, let me get to the weeding ... and visiting with my armless and legless friends. Y'all have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

p.s.: here's a picture of two of the modular units. There is one more exactly like this one, for a total of 4 units.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:07 AM

John, If ya pick him up by de tail and crack him like a whip, his head will pop right off.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yikes John!
Mr. No Shoulders? You can have him. Snakes, Sharks Gators and stuff are all things I'd rather not deal with. If I lived where you are, I'd probably be packing just for my own safety. Mr. No Shoulders would likely get the crap scared out of him too, because I'm not the best shot in the world.

Sorry to hear about hill billy central. Maybe drive by one day and toss a Molotov cocktail into the rotting corpses they're leaving out there. If they don't even look up as you drive by, they won't be any the wiser, but I agree with your discretionary decision to just let them be till maybe the county comes after them. If they do have a lot of rotting stuff there, I'm surprised the snakes and gators haven't congregated there.

That one you saw earlier was a bit smaller than the one that slithered past us on the beach in Cancun in February. It was a Boa. If yours was indeed an (eastern) Indigo, they can get up to 9 ft long. Guess what? They're a protected species, but they're not poisonous.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:34 AM
Captain Starfire

LOL, Allan! Maybe all the pigs around here are feasting on all the leftovers...

Yeah, actually Eastern Indigo's are really cool. I wouldn't intentionally harm one. They eat the cotton-mouths and pit vipers, and help control "real" varmints. He just startled me pretty good... my mind was a thousand miles away when I turned the corner, and there he was, zipping toward my side door right in front of me. He did a real Houdini act, though, I'll tell you that.

But me gots to be honest: me got no problem w/ snakes... I just want to keep a safe distance from 'em. It's all part of living in the sticks.

Hope that boa kept his distance from you! I had an acquaintence in the 80s who had a "pet" boa that killed him. It made the news and the papers down here when it happened. Word was: he forgot to wash his hands after handling the chickens and rats he used to feed the animal, and he got confused with lunch that day. (Seriously.)

As far as the billy's of the hills, part of the problem is that the miserable landlord is such a piece of work. No fun to deal with whatsoever. He wouldn't dream of helping maintain the gravel road his tennants help rip up. He's the main cause of the wear, and getting $$ out of him is like trying to get an act of congress passed.

But, as I'm wont to say, "it is what it is." No sense in getting all worked up about it. But it was quite an experience trying to hold my breath yesterday while shoveling gravel. .

Jamesbo, I do respect my elders, but I think I'll pass on your advice today! . OK, really going out this time....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Always room for one more

John I think Jamesbo was talking about the snake, not the landlord. Although...

Rotting dear carcass is not just for the sticks. Since my neighborhood is known for the lack of police patrols, it's the common dumping ground for such items. There are several unimproved lots that are overgrown, and we here in north Henry County have an abundance of rednecks and scofflaws. I used to walk around the lake every day but I stopped because I'd pass a lot that was the favorite dumping ground. I literally couldn't breathe.

Allan the last time I looked into buying dog food online the shipping was prohibitive. I wonder though how much of that shipping I'm spending driving around to the different places every week. Just one of the joys of having dogs I guess.

X2 Clint. Come on over, I got plenty of tree rats for you to take a plug at. They've been replicating in my garage for about 20 years. The eaves aren't covered so they come right in and make nests in my stuff. One of these days I'm going to put the kybosh on that but until then I can only hope they go next door and cause him trouble as well.

Almost ready for tomorrow's jaunt. Got some rain a little while ago, you'd think we lived in central Florida. Got the car dropped off at the Ford place. Got the hood out of the truck finally. Looks good in the living room.

Okay see ya.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

I've been messing around with the wagon and I wanted to tell you what I found. It had two spares in back, one in the cargo area and one in the spare tire well. Both had date codes sometime in 1979. They were both from Montgomery Ward. One is HR78-14 and the other H78-14.

When I took the tire out of the well, I saw the original jack stickers, and also a yellow sticker that said CAUTION This car is equipped with Anti-spin Differential..... pretty exciting stuff.

Question. I heard the VCs had different, more heavy duty rims. What is the code to look for on the inside of the rim?

Also got up the nerve to call the original owner. Actually the son, the owner has died. I was afraid he'd freak out or something since I got his number from a simple internet search, but he was thrilled to talk to me and hear the car is still around. When his dad was in declining health they just parked it, around 1990, and about 15 years later it wouldn't start so they had it towed away. He said they bought it brand new in Maytown, PA, at a small Mom & Pop place that sold one or two new cars a month, and this car was that month's featured car they had parked out front. Nice, nice man to talk to. Gives an old beat up car a whole new light. I'm pretty excited.

Now I want to stay home from Ohio and work on the wagon. But alas, I can't. So I'll be excited to get working on it when I get back and get it driving.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:45 PM
Captain Starfire

You'll really have some fun when you get back, Mike! BTW, try that pet supplies place called chewy.com we told you about. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.... We get our stuff cheaper there than at Petsmart, even after shipping.

Have a good night, all... I'm driving down to Metairie tomorrow to continue our painting project. Spose to see meet the two brothers there.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 22nd, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 05:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well the adjuster sent the claim to the "total loss dept" and said I should hear in a week or so what they are willing to pay on it.

I woke up in a pretty foul mood around 2 ish. Gonna be a long day.

Have a Wednesday all.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

On and off spitt'in rain

Mike,

Dat's pretty cool a posi VC.

Seems like Joe P. once mentioned heavier duty axle/brakes but I'm not sure 'bout de rims BTW BE sure you have a vented gas cap.

Allan [Blue Vista] gave me one of dem roof spoilers dat's spose ta keep de rear window clean. It's sitt'in on my werk bench cause I'm too chicken to drill holes in de roof and trust my custom gasket making ability

Did it come wit the little prop thingy to keep de rear hatch propped opened?

Clint, since I dare not post the chimps "Blew a Seal" Video, Try dis one to improve your mood

Welp, Olds frineds Have a great day
Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:32 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Humpy everyone.

Clint I'm sorry you're feeling tried. Hopefully your day will get better. Maybe you could make a crank call to the bowling alley.

Jamesbo it does indeed have the little prop thingy. Wagons in general are notorious for having small cargo compartments, but since this isn't a three seater the space under the floor is actually quite large. Although, why would you need a trunk when you have all that space above the floor?

John I looked up chewy.com and didn't see the stuff I buy. It looked like a health food for dogs place. I'll give it a better perusal maybe I just missed it.

No rain here, in fact the sun is out. But if it's raining up there I'll drive through it. Leaving in about an hour for all places north.

Well enjoy the rest of the week everyone, I'll try to check in but computer access is hit or miss where I'm staying. Hope we have good weather in Ohio so we get lots of swimming in.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:02 AM

Mike, Mine has a 3rd seat and de cargo hole. If I remember right, in my mom's Cheby it was an either or deal
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy all

Clouds have finally dispersed (for now )

Jamesbo did ya see whar de Cyclorama is moving to Butthead? Guess Grant Park isn't what it used to be

Have fun at the Amphicar show Mike Those stickers you found, sounds really kool!
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:25 AM

Scot, Yeah I saw dat. Outa de hood an into traffic snarl
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Merci for Mercredi, or Woden it be nice to be Wednesday John??

Gonna be a nice warmish one here with a bit o'wind later.

Clint - Hope they come through with a good valuation. You and me both woke up at that ungodly hour. I guess I was lucky enough to go back to sleep till 5:30 though.

Mike - Have you thought about maybe trying something else (just one can or two) to see what else your 'kids' will eat? I'd get sick and tired of the same thing all the time. What about dry food?

Jim - Don't blame you on the drilling. What's with dem Smurfs? I thought the world had gotten past'em. Haven't seen or heard from Bluevista (Allan H) for ages. I know he was perturbed about something that happened here but he came back for awhile. He even changed his avatar to the newer Custom Cruiser pic. Then he dropped off de face of de planet agin. I sure hope all's well with him.

Scot - So some good weather for a change? Hope it stays about for a while.

John - Gonna go out and build something. No worries about critters or Mr. No Shoulders, just de heat and humidity. None of it likely compares to what you have going though. Maybe Woden will come help you with the billies of the hill and teach them the proper way to hunt and dispose of the remains...
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Cheers, Thor~!

Hey boys & girl... Sandy, you out there? Maybe I just missed yer post yesterday, or you told us you had other plans (I hope good?). Gee, I ain't got da' worm in quite a while.

Crazy weather... hot as a witch's tomato, and humid as the Amazon. A few brief showers yesterday, but not enough to really cool things off. Spose to be drying out (at least the rain) today & tomorrow.

Sorry yous guys had the 2 a.m. wakeup thing. Hope your day turned out "shorter" than you imagined, Clint. I hate when that happens.

Mike, maybe we lucked out with that site, but the only things we bought from Petsmart were the Science Diet Lite kitty food by the railroad car, and this litter that works great. "Chewy" had both things cheaper than PM, even after shipping. So for the time being, no more trips to PM. Maybe with their cheaper prices and ease of product acquisition, you should spring for sumpin' else? I hear the caviar Alpo is da' bomb...

Have a fab Thor's day, Oldsmofriends.
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all

John. Happy worm slurpin'. I hope it dries out a bit for you. I was working last night in my dreams so I didn't wake up very rested again today. I got to play around yesterday with a '48 Super. What a fun car. Those ol straight 8's sure are smooth.

Allan I hope you were able to sleep thru this morning. I won't know about the valuation for a week or so. I have searched and searched for a sale or some sort of value for my trailer and haven't been able to find anything. Nor have I seen one of these trailers like ours for a long time(7-8 years?) So I don't know what they are gonna do.

Jamesbo, Thanks for the vid.

Have a Thursday all.
Old July 24th, 2014, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Clint, You're quite welcome-anytime

Sum times I play golf in my dreams an or have.............. .never mind

But I don't think I've ever werked in my dreams. All the ability to do hard werk was bred outa my family generations ago.

Thank goodness de Super model is here to give me endless directions before sun up. One of des days, I may even pay sum attention

I sold sum lots yesterday so I think'in 'bout ce;celebrating and sneek'in off to smack whitey

Have a great day Olds Friends

Old July 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thors day back at ya John!

Clint - Got quite the farmers tan going on right now. Last night I opened the windows around 11:30 so I got some decent shut eye till around 6:45; it felt good. Supposed to be a lot cooler today. Yeah, when you're dreaming you don't get the deep sleep you really need.

Jim - I don't think them sayings are exclusive to Southern wimmen. Congrats on the tomb sales, enjoy whacking whitey. You mean to say you axually listen to de supermodel some of de time?

Mike - Hope the Buckeyes treat ya right. Don't try water cruising in the black truck.
Old July 24th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hoooo eeee! What a quiet day here. Where iz everyone?
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Alllan, I think Sandy went to a car show.

I on de utter hand was replacing de dead batteries in my 6 iron
Old July 25th, 2014, 06:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Quick check in. Have a great weekend.
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Friday All

Yup Al it is good to be rain free fer a spell Enjoying these mild temps for July in the hot South

I watched Donnie Brasco again last night and spotted this baby. It is so blue it almost looks purple

Whelp I got roped into moving my niece and her two kids back here from South Carolina so I better do a once over on the Tahoe to make sure she's road worthy.
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning Oldsmopeople!
Elsie has been here since about 10 last night. Weather dude says she might be on the 7pm Greyhound outta here,so we'll see. My uncle passed yesterday, so still have to find out the details. He had a long life and plenty of vices to keep himself amused.

Jim - Dat was funny! I'd probably need to buy a case of em. At least yours get used, mine haven't been touched in a year.

Scot - Have fun with the moving. Sounds like a good log distance trip.

Clint - I don't know how you do it with such a busy schedule! You da man!

John - Freya just called and said to tell ya she's gonna make your day.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Figured I better check in. We have some lovely sunshine today and no humidity for a change! Temps were in the 50's this morning. Chilly.

Suppose to rain this weekend..... gee what a surprise! Its the weekend. Of course it's going to rain. I had shows I wanted to go to.... did luck out last Sunday and made it to the Mogadore show. It was very cloudy but I said hell with it and went. It cleared up in the afternoon but was humid.

I noticed last night when I got home from work how the deck is in the shadows now already and the sun is way out on the sidewalk. Depressing. The way the weather has been here all year, it wouldn't surprise me to see snow in October.

So I ended up missing work all day Tuesday! I was not pleased. The clinic called Monday afternoon and asked if I would mind coming in Tuesday morning for everything instead of in the afternoon as was scheduled. I said that would be fine. Well of course we were in that lovely Cleveland rush hour traffic. Grumpyass was really irritated when we got there. Had the mammogram which didn't show anything new thank God. Then I was to see the surgeon at 11:00. Well another surgeon came in the room around 11:30ish and spent about 25 minutes asking me questions about everything. He left and it was after 12 before Dr. Grobmyer finally came in. By then we are starving and I'm really cranky! He talked again about taking more nodes from under my arm which would increase the chances of me getting lymphedema in that arm too and I told him that's not an option. Said I have every faith that Dr. Smith got all cancerous nodes that lit up with the blue dye, out. So he did another exam - of course there were 2 other people in there also. Don't know who they were. So after that we were free to go eat! Next appt was with radiation oncologist at 2. They couldn't move that appt up any of course. So we found the food court and had yummy meatloaf for lunch. Larry wasn't happy because they don't have any drinks there with sugar. He had to drink diet Coke.

After we ate we still had an hour to kill so we went outside and he sat on a bench and I walked several laps around their mall area with sidewalks and trees. I enjoyed that. Then back in to the radiation Dept. Around 3 some woman doctor or whatever came in. She pulled up all my info on the computer, half of which didn't seem to be in there for some reason, so back to answering all the stupid questions and going over everything AGAIN! I'm really fed up by this point so I wasn't real nice. Told ber I'm tired of talking about this and JUST WANT TO BE DONE!!! About 45 minutes later the radiation guy finally shows up. Talked about the nodes again. Told him same thing I told the surgeon. I'm sure Dr. Smith got the cancerous nodes out. He did his statistic thing and figured I only have a 7% chance that there is cancer in any of the remaining nodes after 4 rounds of that wonderful taxotere. Said I can live with that. So after that we were done!!!

Of course traffic was horrible going home. Got home at 4:40. I felt bad missing work cause Steve is off this week. Then I had a 6:15 dentist appt. So I had a full day and was just friggin exhausted mentally and physically.

I did make it to the Riverfront on Monday night. It was packed!!! Pam came and we walked around. Went to Bellacinos last night. It was Buick, Cadillac and Olds night. Old Ralph with that beautiful blue Starfire was there and he won, of course. 2nd time I've seen him there. He only shows up if there's an award or picture involved.

He was telling me that his wife had this reconstruction surgery done and had to go back for more surgeries when the bloodflow was lost. I didn't want to hear that.....

I had to break down yesterday and call Dr. Cha ching Banks and make an appt. I've been having a lot of un comfortableness in this right ureter tube that he messed with 2 years ago. I didn't want to call him but since he's already familiar with me and what he did, I figure it was best. I don't think I can stand to start this story over again with someone new. I'm about af the end of my rope! I'm fed up with talking about all this and I just want everyone to leave me the hell alone!! So I see him on Aug. 4th. Same day I see Rehmus to go over the breathing tests I have done next week, then get the port flushed after I see her. God I can't keep up with all this!

Aug. 4th is also Olds night at the Riverfront. I asked Don on Monday if I could drop Teepo off and park her on my way to Akron to see Rehmus that day, since we go right by there, and he said to drop her off at his place and he will drive her over and park her for me. He's such a great guy!

So that's been my week pretty much. Been nice in here without Steve and his heater!! My days have gone fast since I've been busy with his stuff. I like that! Of course Brian has brought his lunch every day! It really hasn't been that busy but he has to bullshi* on the phone and waste time and have drama.

Clay is off next week. I miss him when he's gone. He makes me laugh and we talk and he's loud, lol. So it will be a long week.

Today is sister Jean's 76th birthday. I have to call her and see id she's busy Saturday. I want to take her out to eat and Nicole had Tony's mom make her delicious German chocolate cake for me, which is Jeans favorite. Jon will be down again this weekend so I guess he will go with us. Hope Larry is in a decent mood. Oh the stress....

Clint.... I have dreams like that every night. I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. I might ask Dr. Bressi about a c-pap machine for sleep apnea when I see her next week. I just don't want to go spend the night in the hospital all wired up again to see how I breathe! That's miserable. Then you have to go back again and spend another night using the cpap machine to see if your breathing improves with it! Of course it always does. They want to sell/rent machines! I still have my results from 2001 so I'm going to show her. If I can get a cpap machine, I will. Since my insurance is at 100% paying for anything "medically necessary" now, I'm going to take advantage of it! I'm getting a new machine and sleeve for my lymphedema arm. It's coming on Tuesday. It's like a $4000 machine.

Well I guess that's enough of my woes for now lol. Glad to see everyone is surviving!

I forgot to order my Ga peaches this year. Guess I shouldn't spend the money anyhow.

I have to call the payroll lady at lunch today from outside where Brian can't hear me, and see how she can work my paid days I have left to cover the deductions for everything that comes out of my check when I'm off. Think I'll ask the owner if he can help me some too. He's been really good to me. He said in January that we'd look into it when the time came. Sure would be nice if I didn't have to worry anymore about that!

Well I better get off here so you all have a good day!
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM

Jes made 4 tomato pies Yum
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Do they look like this??

or this?

If they do, please send me some.
Old July 26th, 2014, 03:50 AM

Made it, well off to a car show up in Hart, Mi. hopefully the rain holds off. Have a good Sat. folks.
Old July 26th, 2014, 04:20 AM

Nope Allan, Mine are covered with cheese and bacon

Headed to de mountains
Old July 26th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Soggy Samedi here. Yesterday we got over 4" of rain. I think it drowned all the worms. Oh well, next week is supposed to be hot so it'll also be really humid with all this water. Today isn't as bad but it's still raining.

Jim - Wut? No pics o dem mater pies? Dey sounded good. LOL, dats funny right there. You staying wit dem peeps?

Dan - enjoy the car show.

John - I tried some cat food once to freak out a neighbor and it worked. Kind of bland tasting so I don't see why some stores refuse to sell it to seniors unless they can prove they have a cat. Saturn day looms large!

Mike - Gee, if I had an amphi, I could have gone cruising on the streets yesterday. Hope alls going well on your trip.

Scot - Yeah, I've seen Donny Brasco a few times, but I guess I never saw that 71. Gee, when I move I'm gonna call ya to come up an help too!
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yowsa! Hard not to get da Woim, werm when everyone's not here.
Old July 27th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Captain Starfire

Yikes! WTH is everybody? Must be keeping the Lord's Day holy... ;-)

I've always been more of a Milk Bone fan, Allan... Luv dem things... and it cleans my teeth and staves off the doggy breath. How can I lose?

Have fun in the hills, Jamesbo. I'm envious.... altho' a trip around Labor Day is a'brewin' for us.

Been gardenin' in the early a.m. for last 3 days and finally got all the weeds pulled. At least back down to ground zero... now the real gardening begins.... Also just finished mowing. It was a helluva lot easier today than it was when I got back from the hills.

Yesterday we (i.e., "I") got the Metairie house officially listed with a JEN-YOU-WINE real estate agent -- finally. The paintin' ain't even half-way done, and it doesn't seem like we'll ever finish. I think I'm gonna' bring in a painter, as we should have done at the outset. But we at least gave it the ol' halfhearted college try.

Scot, my cousin had a '71 vert just like that one -- it was rode hard & put up wet. I remember looking under the hood one time to see what was lurking under there (although the single exhaust was a pretty good tip-off). It was a 350 2V. What was NOT under there was an air filter. Yikes #2! I sure wouldn't have wanted to come back as that car if I were Shirley McLaine.

Anyhoots--- y'all have a fab resto' sun's day...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 27th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Zo, I go to de mountains, den I get a call from a family dat needs a lot[s] so I head home show dem some lots

Now, I'm gonna go smack whitey and I'll guarantee ya I'm gonna get a call. If I sit at my desk, it's like I'm de frigg'in Maytag repair man

Old July 28th, 2014, 05:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Thats a nice wake me up Jamesbo. I sure miss the ladies of the 80's. sigh

Sandy. Good luck with the cpap. I have significantly reduced my snoring and apnea by retraining myself not to tuck my chin while sleeping. The wife has yet to hear me stop breathing.

John good luck with the sale.

Have a Monday all.
Old July 28th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning all.

Beautiful day shaping up, maybe a bit on the hot side though.

Jim - Hope the batteries in yer 6 iron work. Try putting some silly putty on whitey fer extra distance....

Clint - Good stuff with the relearning curve. Sounds like you've got your solution under control.

John - Hope the house sells for list or better. Painting contractors? Just be careful to get a good one. Happy Luna Day!
Old July 28th, 2014, 08:08 AM

Hmmm, did not get any email from CO this morn. thought no one was about. Jamesbo, Susanna Hoffs is in her mid 50's now, and is still a beautiful woman.
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Rainy and cool here. Temps in the 60's and ain't gonna move much today or tomorrow. Damnable weather! Was humid as heck all weekend and we had awful storms each day.

Saturday nights storm knocked down my big tall cherry mater plant onto my green bean plants. Broke one off that had lots of blooms. We discovered it yesterday morning. Larry got a bigger longer stake and put in and we tied the mater to that. I meant to go out and fix up the bean plants last evening but I forgot. There's a surprise....

So I was so happy to make the Orphan Model car show over in Solon yesterday! Skies looked threatening all day but I went anyhow. I think it was awesome for the Pontiac Club to include us orphans in their show lol. I was happier when Teepo won Best Of Show of the orphans! There were some beautiful Mercury Coguars there and some nice Plymouth Belveders(sp) and some other Oldsmobiles! I got a real nice award (not a trophy) and a $25 gift card to Rock Auto. We got sprinkled on as they were finishing up the awards. Managed to stay just ahead of the storm on the way home thank God! Of course we caught every friggin light, red! Got home and the sky was just black over Solon way. Winds picked up and we got the storm about a half hour after we got home. It all worked out.... about time something was in my favor.

Saturday I puttered around all morning then we went up to sister Jeans for her birthday. Nicole and Jon came along. We all went over to El Carlos Mexican place and I bought us dinner. It was so good! I was stuffed. Went back to Jeans after we ate and had cake. Visited awhile and came home. Ran right into the storm.... rain coming down so hard Larrys truck wipers couldn't keep up! Standing water everywhere. It came down hard and fast. Then Nicole and Jon left cause she had to go to work and let the dogs out. It was a nice day except for the rude comments Larry seems to have to make.

I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could be at Akron Generals Stow facility for the breathing tests at 6:45. That was weird.... I sat in this booth and the guy put a clothespin like thing over my nostrils to hold them closed. I had to breathe all different ways; quickly suck air into my lungs then forcefully blow it out, pant quickly, breathe normal, and on and on. Then he gave me a breathing treatment of Albuterol and then I had to do all that strange breathing again! I didn't feel any different with the Albuterol opening up my airways. I couldn't tell it even did anything. Maybe it didnt. Who knows? I'll find out on the 4th. Then I had the chest x-ray. Made it in here by 8:30. Stopped at home on my way to pick up my stuff for work first.

Clay is off this week so its very quiet in here. Steve is back. I cant believe his heater isn't on yet! Works for me. Its chilly dank outside but warm in here. Brian has his coat on.... its 76 in here! I heard him tell someone he's feeling 'tired and achy' so he's probably leading up to taking a day off sick. He has no qualms about leaving Steve here alone while Clay is off. Wouldn't be the first time!

Clint.... did you watch the trailer for the Walking Dead?? It looks awesome!!! Look on YouTube if you haven't. I can't wait!

Well its noon so I better eat. Talk to you later.
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back late last night. That's a long trip. Had rain most of the way and was being chased by a thunderstorm through Tennessee. The radio kept saying tornados and hail but I kept ahead of it.

Tried to send a message when I got there Wednesday night, but after I got it all typed out and hit send the stupid computer in the hotel promptly reset the website so I said heck with that, and didn't look at it again. That machine has never worked and the desk clerk's only move is to turn it off and back on again, which does nothing.

I'll catch up. Allan awful sorry about your uncle. Gonna go get the Mustang and then pick up the dogs. I sure missed them.