The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

new job for car

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
may the Olds be with you

new job for car

well folks, i started my 2nd job last night. this is the job where the paychecks will be "project"checks. but the job kinda stinks, lol. im workin at ollies till 930pm, so im essentially working 14hr days again. but if i ever want anything, i havent got much of a choice. i need you folks to wish me strength lol because i really dont like what im doing there. anyone else working two jobs to support your automotive addiction, lol?
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:33 AM

Good luck. Ain't this economy Grand?
p.s. Want to buy some real-estate? cheap
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:42 AM
may the Olds be with you

thanks, lol im not buying anything yet. specially not any realestate. if i had money, id alreayd have a bunch, lol. i want to have some farmland and an old farmhouse so bad. somwhere to park all the cars i wanna get LOL! but as for the economy, it will get better. gonna get worse, but history has shown us that it will get worse before it gets better. once we hit rock bottom, things will start to look up. just gotta riiiiiiide it out!
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Two jobs boy do I remember those days . Met myself comming and going, no life at all but I did make good money bought a house and raised 3 kids. Only one job now. Time has a way of taking care of everything as long as you work at it. You'll get there. As they say head down *** up get'er done.
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM
may the Olds be with you

yes i know. thing is this is the third time ive done this, and quit due to being pissed off. its a lot of weight on my shoulders, due to stress and short temper, i tend to snap more quickly than others, lol.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Oldsdruid

We got an Ollie's here about 6 months ago. I like it. "Good stuff cheap!"

I got a 100' 3/4 inch Swan garden hose for $29.00 a couple weeks back. That's a $50-75 hose anywhere else. I like digging around in the books too. I've found some good stuff in Ollie's and Big Lots too.

But like any other job, I'm sure it's different working there than just messing around looking.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM
may the Olds be with you

yea no doubt. at least the people i work with seem ncie. the ones ive met so far, anyway. i hate workin two jobs, tho. it didnt work out the alst two times, dunno what makes me think it will work this time, lol. maybe because my goal to get a delta will override my depression about workin two jobs with the happiness of driving the car it will help me buy lol
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM

If I could find something to do in my "off time" I would, but the life of a trucker is exceedingly unpredictable. Sometimes life makes your decisions for you. looking into a couple "part time" businesses though. At least then I can work around the trucks schedule. Hearing conflicting reports, but on the light side "optimistic" we may be about at the end, but I'm not betting the farm so to speak.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:20 AM
may the Olds be with you

well thats good, dont wanna lose what you NEED for something you WANT
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Well, I Was working 60 hrs a week between 2 jobs, and kickin' *** on my delta. And now I'm laid off.
I've been doing cash side jobs like painting lil old ladies' garage fascia boards for 50 bucks, and trimming trees. I built my neighbor a shed, and put an alternator in her car. Fixed a lawnmower, and a cabinet or 2. painted a basement Etc.etc.
My buddy hired me to put an Olds 350 together for him this week so that has been fun.

A lot of sleeping till 11 am and drinking beer till midnight going on without jobs to do.
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
may the Olds be with you

lol im sure. hope you find something steady soon, tho