The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2015, 08:40 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Heading off to bed but thought I'd check in and say hello. Was 58 with on and off rain today, should be about half of that by Tuesday. Can hardly wait.

The 85 Riv should be going off to the body shop tomorrow but I need to test fit the bumper fillers before I bring it in. That'll be my early morning project before going off to work.

Mike - hard to drive through Queens or Brooklyn without sitting through some horrendous traffic jam. And if you're lucky to get past there without traffic, then you have to look out for all the tire/rim killer potholes they haven't fixed.
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had a good night at work. Stayed inside most of the night, but when we were out it was cold as a mother. The airport gets this cold winter wind that just chills you to the bone. Left a little after 5 which isn't bad, either.

So my girl can hardly walk so I carried her down the stairs when they went out when I got home. I'm going to stay up and take her to the vet this morning. I know there are only a couple people off tonight so if I don't get home very soon I can call in. I hate that her foot hurts and I hope I can come up with a way to fix the metal so she can't scrape it with her foot and get cut again.

Don't think it's gonna be too warm these next few days. The wind sucks but it might help dry out my firewood a little. The lake is way up with all this rain we've had. Hope someone opens the drain valve again soon so I can do some work this week when I'm off.

Okay I should get ready to go, I'd rather sit at the vet in the parking lot than to wait to leave until they are open, because then I'd be there all day.

Have a good day everyone.
Old January 5th, 2015, 05:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be cold on de course dis mawn'in

But duty calls.

Mike, I hope your girl is OK

GTG

Have a great week Olds friends
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Always room for one more

Thanks Jamesbo. Everything is fine. The cuts were superficial so the dr got everything cleaned up and gave us some antibiotics. I was surprised there weren't more people there, but we got right in. And now it's time for bed. I'll miss an hour of sleep today but that's okay.
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning Rocketeers.

Put a W on the board last night at curling. Fun game too.

Mike, you'd hate working on planes up here. At YEG intl it's -15 and wind chill of -38. Both of those are Fahrenheit. Good luck with a solution to your girls problem. You might need to invest in a cage for her. I know that's not what you'd like, but it sounds like she needs something to protect her against herself.

Jim, dooty? Good luk wit dat.

Darrell, hope those fillers do the trick. Sounds like commutes in those hoods aren't much fun.

Clint, looks like you had some fun juding by that FB pic!

Not going out today unless I have to. It's colder than a polar bears butt outside. Koffee and set by the fireplace sounds like the plan for me. Enjoy your day.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM

Nice day fer Eskimo golf. 45/44 Not so hot [pun intended.] wind was whipping 'round pretty good
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Didn't do too bad sleeping today, only missed out on about a half hour.

My girl seems to be doing okay. She still limps but doesn't cry, so I guess it isn't that painful. She does sometimes have a flare for drama, not that I'm discounting her injuries.

Allan we've gone the cage route, they're both like Houdini, and can get out of anything. The metal-lined bedroom is the only thing to keep them contained. I wouldn't have guessed that she could tear the screwed in metal away from the wall. The vet today suggested Prozac. Uh no.

So it's Night 3. No rain but cold as a mother. I used to work outside in temps well below zero. Wasn't as a mechanic, but a ramp guy. It helped to be doing physical activity but still sub-zero isn't fun. I miss being up home but I don't miss living there.

Okay off to work. Hope everyone has a good evening. John should be on the way back to his home 20, hope they have a safe trip.
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:50 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Kids went back to school today after having two weeks off. They seemed to adjust to back to school mode pretty quickly.

I thought I was going to get the Riv off to the body shop today but it took longer than I thought to get everything prepped. Had to take the front bumper off, remove all the trim and test fit the bumper fillers. They seem to fit well but I may need to use the heat gun for final adjustments. Hope to get it there tomorrow.

Mike - hope the pup is doing better soon.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; January 5th, 2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old January 6th, 2015, 04:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well back at the grind. Nope. Still no more fun than it was last year.

Mike sorry to hear about the paw.

Allan congrats on the win. Hope it continues.

Darrell, Only 2 weeks off? Thats a bummer. But I guess that means more time off in the summer?

Have a day all.
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sunny but cold. And it's gonna be colder. But no rain.

Thanks you guys. My girl is feeling a little better and she seems to enjoy me carrying her up and down the stairs. Darrell how'd your pup do with stomach problems?

Gonna get a little sleep this morning then get up and do some stuff. Have a good day everyone.
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Drove our keisters off yesterday and made it back to the Plantation in one piece, thank the Good Lord. Uneventful trip, jes the way I like it. Stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Mitylene, AL, which is really a part of Montgomery. That's roughly our half-way point. What a nice trip. Jamesbo, ur not going to have any choice but to rendezvous mit us next time.

They're predicting single-digits in N.GA for Thursday morning, so we got out just in time. (They're saying 20* for the Plantation....)

Whackem good, Jamesbo. Darrell, I feel your Steelers pain. There's a certain team that shall remain nameless that drove the sword into the heart of a certain town (that shall also remain nameless) this year. I have to say, however, I love to watch Big Ben play. That guy gets hurt, but he seems indestructible. I have to confess, tho', I see Will Ferrell when I look at him.

Mike, the paw sounds like it's all in a day's work for you... hope she recovers very quickly. Feeney's back, although still shaved, looks amazingly good. Sure glad the vet doesn't charge like my dermatologist; got the bill from the insurance company in the mail. He billed them over $500 to take off one mole and burn off a couple old-man's spots on my face. My garsh. Then he says he wants to see me in in 4 months. At least the insurance co. got it down to $300-some-odd. I was in his office a total of about an hour, and about 20 minutes of that was in the examination (surgery?) room. We're in the wrong racket.

Whelpt, keep it between the gutters, guys and gal. I'll be back soon: got a loada' stuff to catch up on. Y'all have a great day & week.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 6th, 2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, Cold but clean and dry [dat's cold fer us Allan]

Glad de pup's better. Mike, Fer de life of me, I can't seem to help ya figger out a permanent solution to de problem.

John, Glad you're home safely. I used to eat at some turkey place outside Montgomery when I went to lower Ala. It wasn't too bad

Clint, In all seriousness I would love to get up in de mawn'in and know what I was gonna do. Instead, I wake up and say, " OK everyone needs [eventually] a cemetery plot, NO ONE want to think about it. Who should I call on today?"

Oh well esta es las vivas
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning Rocketeers

Chalk up a Gold medal for Canada. Our junior men beat the Ruskies 5-4 yesterday. It was a really well played game and plenty of good fast action.

New matrresses coming today so I have to move some stuff around. Crap, just finished. Forgot how bulky and heavy queen mattress and box springs are.

Clint, life's a lot like that when it comes to BDs too.

Mike, your going to spoil her even more carrying her around.

Darrell, I thought the body shop was responsible to R&R the bumper and ensure fitment of the fillers as part of the insurance quote?

Jim, naw we don't play Eskimo golf. We club seals instead.

Koffee time! Enjoy your day.
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:59 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. We had some light snow here today and it was a balmy 19 degrees.

John - not sure who I'm going to root for now. Would like to see Peyton vs Aaron in the Super Bowl playing against each other.

Mike - glad to hear that your pooch is enjoying being pampered. Mine has been better but it has taken weeks to get back to normal. He's still a little too light, needs to pack on a few more pounds. Vet still does not know what caused this, I was thinking it could be from old age and his immune system not working as well anymore - he is 14.)

Clint - two weeks is more than I remembered getting off when I was in school. They even had the wednesday off before Thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by Allan R

Darrell, I thought the body shop was responsible to R&R the bumper and ensure fitment of the fillers as part of the insurance quote?
Yes you're right but I did a little bartering here. They are going to paint the hood and windshield cowl cover for me (they did not get damaged in the fender bender but there was some spots I wanted fixed) and I also wanted to make sure everything got put together correctly and fitment was excellent.
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:22 PM
GM Enthusiast

BTW, I had to change my Avatar back. My wife was looking over my shoulder and saw my picture of Jessica Alba. I got called a few things ... including a dirty old man, lol. Geez, she's only 9 years younger than me and now I'm a dirty old man???
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:34 PM

Hey you dirty old man, what happened to the pic of Jessica Alba?
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Hey you dirty old man, what happened to the pic of Jessica Alba?
It's hidden from my wife...along with a few better ones.
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Captain Starfire

I know Clint ain't still sleepin'

Morning, boys & girl.
Quick worm, since I haven't tasted it in quite a while. I'll take it sauteed w/ my eggs this morning....

39 at the Plantation, but spose to be about 20* colder than that tomorrow morning. Time to break out the long john's.

Darrell, Darrell (a.k.a. "D.O.M.")
Banquet Doorman: Your coat, sir?
Lt. Frank Drebin: Yes, it is. And I have a receipt to prove it.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 7th, 2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cold today, but sunny. I'm not sure if I want to attempt to start something outside. I usually say to myself, man up, but then a little while into whatever it is I'm doing I say screw this I'm going inside. I hate cold.

John glad you had a good trip home. Look forward to your next visit. Might be a little warmer by then.

Time to head to the Awful house. Got some things to mail as well then I'll decide what the day's activities will be. Have a good day everyone.

You know what day it is!
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
It's hidden from my wife...along with a few better ones.
Ah come on share with your Olds friends

Mike, What day is it?

John, Glad ya had a safe trip. Good luck with the family drama

I saw dis mawn'in on FB Sandy is headed to surgery. I'm gonna say sum incantations over a candle for her.

GTG as luck would have it, It's headed to the teens today and my frigg'in furnace went TU
Old January 7th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning Rocketeers

Not much new and exciting going on. Still frikken cold out.

The new mattress (Sealy 'pillow top' ) was very comfortable and I had a very comfy sleep. Prolly better than sleeping at Trump Tower.

Enjoy your day.
Old January 7th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Thnx, Jamesbo. Me & dysfunction seem to be on a first-name basis lately. They need to give you a course in this stuff, 'cause I ain't got a clue.... and my poor brother is driving blind, as well.

Prayers being aimed at CutlassGal this morning.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, Glad ya had a safe trip. Good luck with the family drama

I saw dis mawn'in on FB Sandy is headed to surgery. I'm gonna say sum incantations over a candle for her.
Mustang Mike: Thanks, hombre. The Fusion cruised the 600+ miles with nary a hiccup. And filling up the 4-cyl at less than $2/gal was almost fun.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 7th, 2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo it's Hump Day! I know you can hear me!

So John, what is the latest with Aunt Carmy? Has your brother stated that she is a short-timer and needs to move on? Hope it gets worked out quick. It's been many years since gas has been under $2 around here.

It's gonna be inside stuff today. Besides being cold it's windy. No thanks. Might have to have the wood stove going all day today.

Who knows anything about radiant floor heat? Have I asked that before? My furnace hasn't acted up since that one time, but it got me thinking. Maybe new heat should be part of the exceptional year I'm planning on having.
Old January 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Captain Starfire

Little video

I don't usually promote companies, but thought I'd share this little video. While watching it, I felt all my muscles relax and found myself grinning out loud in more than one place. Just nice -- enjoy.

Old January 7th, 2015, 08:59 PM

Nice video.
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Coldest day in a long time but no wet stuff

John, Loved de video but speak'in as a former E-type owner. I' amazed de POS started. I use to have to take off my shoe and bang on de fuel pump a few times

Mike, Ya been curling on de lake? I bet de Awful hose is packed dis mawn'in with werker not going out in de cold.

Allan, I needs to send ya sum Joel Chandler Harris books sos you can lerant to speak more better

Have a GREAT day Olds friends and stay warm
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:19 AM
CQR

Mornin all.
Spose to be a bit warmer today. Gonna melt then refreeze tonight. Had one horse fall yesterday Tried to keep the boarders away. Don't need any broken legs.

Have a thursday.
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ice on the lake this morning. Not enough to go curling, but enough to cause the ducks consternation.

Hope everything went well with Sandy yesterday.

I drove one of those E Types once. It was a 73 or 74. Smooth.

Gonna hit the Awful house then come right back. I fear it will be another inside day today, although the wind is gone and it's bright sun shiny out. Have a good day everyone.
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning Rocketeers

Yesterday was weird. Went to Costco around noon and when we came back out (minus a couple Franklins) there was freezing rain coming down. Combination of ice radials, TC, ESC and proper speed/following distance made the drive home safe and somewhat enjoyable. Took a few minutes to defrost the front and rear glass though.

Going curling this mawnin cause our lakes are all frozen so Mike & Jim, y'all can join me.

Jim, WDF? I speaks jest find. I usta could do stuff from book lernin but it's moslty losted on me.

Clint, sounds like you got the same weather pattern down there. It's a bee-atch isn't it?

Mike, I'm not surprised you drove an E type. I mean what kind of cars haven't you owned or driven? The missus made Korean style ribs last night. She could start her own rib place, they were fantastic. De boy just finished off the few leftovers before skating out to catch de bus. He's a finicky eater and he polished them off like a vacuum sucks up dust. Now you see em, now you don't! Is your girl back to normal yet?

Darrell, so when do you get the Riv back? does your area body shops have to use that new waterborne paint spray system? Hope the spray the fillers with adhesion promoter and put flex agent in the paint. Sometimes on a small area like that it gets overlooked in favor of spraying the larger areas.

John, cool vid. I don't use Haggerty mostly because I get better coverage from a competing company up here. Don't think ya should drive yer keister off cause you don't have much of one to start with. Remember that line from Beverly Hills Cop?

The nasty issue from Nov has resurfaced so sorry in advance if I seem out of sorts fer a bit till it's finally over.

Koffee, kurling and visit my sister on the radar. Enjoy your day.
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:40 AM

We had a 40 car pile up near where I work yesterday due to the crappy weather, it was on Southbound U.S.31, so it didn't affect my northward travel to work, though co workers headed home had to re direct. Supposed to be worse today...oh joy.
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Cold as a well-digger's ****

This is how I felt when I got up at 2 a.m. to go down and run a little stream from da' outside faucets. I saw 21* on the thermo at that time, but I think it went down to 20*. Glad the worst is over for now.

It's to the S. Shore today for lunch w/ Aunt Carmy and an old family friend.

Stay warm, Oldsmofriends.
Old January 8th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cold here, -1 right now. But the sun is shining!! So that's a good thing.

Survived the surgery. They said my heart was out of rhythm the whole time, but I survived. I haven't looked at anything yet.... I'm afraid to! I have bandages on both *****, a lot of blood on the bandage on the right... bandage across the abdomen. The ***** are numb, so I can't tell if they bleed or hurt, lol. I have pain in the abdomen on the right side where he got rid of whatever was making that bulge. That's about the only thing that hurts. Where he clipped the 'dog ears' on each hip hurt some, but not bad. I haven't taken any percocet today. It's not bad enough. The surgeon told me that he will probably do more surgery after summer. He didn't think he could do everything yesterday and have it look right.

Now if my heart would just get back in a normal sinus rhythm, I'd feel great! I talked to the heart doc Tuesday evening, and he told me to stop taking that new pill he put me on. I had taken one on Monday night when my heart was flopping so bad, and another one Tuesday morning. It slowed my heart rate down to 40, which is too slow, and it didn't stop the PACS. I had called his office Tuesday morning on my way to work and left a voice message telling them about my miserable Monday night. So I see him again next Tuesday. I'd sure like to know why all of a sudden the electrical system of my heart is misfiring...... it's pretty miserable.

Larry took off today to stay with me. I'm listening to Joel..... he isn't pleased, lol. Too bad!! He's not taking my joy today! He did bundle up and go out and fill the bird feeders for me. My cardinals were out here with no seed. I can't lift and all that again, for 6 weeks. I called off work today, and probably will tomorrow too. Only get 7 sick days for the year, and here they go!

Thanks for the prayers yesterday, Jamesbo! I appreciate it!

I let the Dude in a while ago. He's laying on his towel on the couch beside me now. Purring away in the sun, lol. Wish I could have an inside cat....

Mike... sorry to hear about your dog. Good that she didn't hurt herself real bad!

Well I guess I'll get off here, I'm sleepy. If I'm not on tomorrow, I wish you a very Happy Birthday, Jamesbo!! Have a great day all and stay warm and safe!
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Always room for one more

Sandy glad things went okay. Is your heart flipping something different than A-fib? Sometimes my heart feels like it flutters a little, I attribute that to too much caffeine. My EKGs are always good. Hm.

Allan the Jag that I drove wasn't mine, it was "being held" by a friend of mine. A friend of his borrowed money from him and gave him the car as collateral. He called me up one day and said I should come over and take it for a spin. It was nice, not something I'd own I don't think. Turns out the person never paid him back, and he sold the car and kept the money.

My girl is on the mend. When she doesn't think I'm looking she walks pretty regular, and they play outside so she must not hurt as much. I'm glad. And I don't have to carry her around anymore.

Little Jimmy Dickens has died. I knew he'd been ill. I saw him on the Opry years ago, he took over main host when Roy Acuff died.

Okay gotta get something done.
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:53 AM

Sandy, glad to see that things went well in surgery, good to have you pop on here, mend up and get better.
Old January 8th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Sandy, glad to hear that your surgery went well. Now, fresh plugs ,wires good, dwell at 30, let's see about that ticker. Seriously, I'm surprised that your cardio Dr. hasn't had more input. There is only a short list of things that are OK in the world of cardiology.
Keep us informed...Gerry.
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:47 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another balmy day here, I think the temp topped out around 18. We only had an inch of snow but they went crazy dumping sand and salt everywhere. My car looks like total crap right now. I would get it washed, but I have to drive to Albany tomorrow, about 4 hours north of here and it's supposed to snow up there too.

Sandy- glad to hear the surgery went ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Allan - yes they are using waterborne paint at the shop. They are using Spies-Hecker paint (Erik - ENT Olds) on this forum switched them over to it. The shop said they are getting great results so we'll see. Not sure when it will be done, hopefully by the end of next week.

John - nice video. I also love the one liners from Police Squad, he was one of my favorite actors.

Jamesbo - some of the photos I have would be a little to revealing for a public forum.

Have a great night everyone.
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:13 PM

Well, I made it home...that was fun, I took the two lane route home as the highway can be a s.o.b. when snowing 'n blowing. I had a Grand Cherokee and a Chevy 4x4 leading the way, and fortunately, they went almost as far as I needed to go. It hasn't been that bad for driving in a few years, and was blinding as I went down business route 31 along the shore of Muskegon Lake. I only pulled halfway into my driveway, as I have a 30" drift across it, and a couple of feet more right up the steps and blocking the door (the shovel was in place). The snowthrower will get a workout tomorrow.
Old January 9th, 2015, 04:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Happy Birthday Jamesbo!

Well Rained then froze then snowed last night. Could be interesting today.

Have a Friday all.
Old January 9th, 2015, 06:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but dry

Tanks Clint, Dat's about de size of de bond fire I would have IF I had a cake.

Insted, I got a egg, cheeses, sausage croissant
Old January 9th, 2015, 06:48 AM

Happy birthday Jamesbo ..
From a typically silent member.

I say .. go to the links and have some fun.. after all it is Your birthday