The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Mechanic Work Shirt

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Mechanic Work Shirt

In the early 90's while living in San Diego my buddies and I walked into a bar (Tikki Bar in Pacific Beach) and heard some of my favorite music - blues (Texas style). I walk to back where the band was setup and watched the lead guitar player "tearing it up". He was wicked good.

What added to the whole scene was the shirt he was wearing... a mechanic's work shirt with a name patch above the left breast pocket Ever since that moment I've wanted a shirt like his. It almost has the same appeal as a cool bowling shirt. Keep in mind my daily "work" shirt is generally a dress shirt with/without a tie.

So, i'm in the market for a mechanics style shirt - short sleeve, button down, collared and with medium thickness. And if possible, one where you can request a name to be stitched on. Any suggestions as to where to buy one? I know Dickies makes these shirts and can be bought at Walmart, but are there any alternative? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
mechanics work shirt.gif (48.0 KB, 30 views)
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Go to any shop on uniform day talk to the driver they can order what you want