The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Holiday menus?

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Oldsdruid

Holiday menus?

Just wondering what everyone's planning for their holiday feasts?

Looks like we may be having pork barbecue again. Several of the W family and friends went out for Italian tonight (figured we'd better go before His Lordship da Guvnah shuts down the Commonwealth again) and one said "I haven't had any barbecue since the plague started and I would love some."

So sounds like 'cue and all the trimmings is what we're having! And I'm thinking trimmings should include a real cooked 'nanner pudding!
Old December 12th, 2020, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Going to have steak this year.
Old December 12th, 2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Just wondering what everyone's planning for their holiday feasts?
Shrimp and crab gumbo. The wife will prolly make her gramma’s potato salad to go along with it. Mmmmmm. Cajun Christmas feast.

Last edited by Fun71; December 12th, 2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old December 13th, 2020, 03:14 AM
Frank Ignachuck

We were all set for the family Christmas yesterday when the wife of one of the guys at the garage tested positive. That cancelled the party but it was too late to cancel the take out order, so my wife and I will be eating $250. worth of Chateau Waltham Italian food for a while.
Old December 13th, 2020, 03:57 AM
Lansing built

Roast beast and who hash. Home made prime rib, green bean casserole and caramel/pecan apple pie from the Grand Traverse pie company!

Pat
Old December 13th, 2020, 04:54 AM

Old December 13th, 2020, 04:56 AM
Bfg

We will be having my wife’s favorite recipe of Lima bean and spinach casserole. We all look forward each year for this special treat from her. And as always there’s plenty left over for just me for left overs.
Old December 13th, 2020, 07:18 AM
72 Olds CS

Mm sounds like ill be going to fun71s for christmas dinner this year!
Old December 13th, 2020, 08:28 AM
Oldsdruid

I've been friends with the owners of the Italian joint for years, the Pugliese boys are all car guys too. Family is originally from Napoli so there's plenty of seafood dishes on their menu. I had linguine e gamberetti with red sauce last night. Good stuff!

Couple yr ago I asked his American-born wife if they did the Feast of Seven Fishes Christmas Eve. She was raised Southern Baptist and didn't know. "Anthony, do we do that?" "Yes Tracey, it's what Mamma fixes every year same as they did in Napoli" "Well you never told me what it was called!"

Last edited by rocketraider; December 13th, 2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old December 13th, 2020, 05:19 PM

Holiday menu

As is the usual custom for our holiday feast its a mixed bag, we will be going to my daughters for Chanukah where we will have Brisket and potato Latkes( which I have to make) and Challah bread that I will bake. then for the Christmas feast for my Shiksa ( non Jewish) Catholic wife it will be Ham,
cheesy Potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole sweet potatoes, and way to many deserts !! we have been Married for 44 years
(my mother-in-law said it would never work !! ) and we have done it this way every year, as I write this the candles are burning in the Menorah and the Christmas Tree is on the back porch waiting to be brought in tomorrow !! one year while my wife was out on a Extended Sunday Christmas shopping trip she came home to a Christmas tree decorated with Bagels !! she had a great laugh. we top the tree with a Star of David every year. I am indeed lucky I have the best of both worlds !! (not good for the waistline) here is a pic of my Grand Daughter from last year at my Daughters for Chanukah, note the Christmas in the background.

Old December 13th, 2020, 05:40 PM

Prime rib, stuffed flounder and many sides, home baked pies! PS I hate Ham...
Old December 13th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Oldsdruid

Now ya talkin!😋

I like a good Virginia country ham at Christmas. Sliced thin on a homemade biscuit, or fried up with some red-eye gravy.

Trouble with red-eye is everybody wants to drink flavored coffee and that and red-eye don't geehaw. Gotta be straight-up strong black coffee.