The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Going Home

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2021, 12:00 PM

Going Home

Going Home,
I'm going on my annual Wi. fishing trip but this time there is a twist, my niece is getting married in Chicago so the whole family is returning
and we have a few days to spend in Chicago before the wedding and before I head out to Wi.
The conditions are not optimal with this damn covid crap but my whole family is vaccinated and despite the fact that I hate mandates we intend to take every precaution available.(logistics nightmare, all different flights and one train rider)
One of my goals is to take my kids to the neighborhood (suburban Chicago) where I grew up and show them the house where I grew up, they have heard many stories !!
Interesting thing about my neighborhood was it was always kind of a religiously, ethnically, culturally mixed neighborhood and despite todays problems it seems that everybody there still gets along pretty good (what a novel approach) I have this on pretty good authority since my soon to retire brother in law is a Fed

>Ex driver and still delivers there. I hope the kids will enjoy it !!
And of course we have a food hit list I can taste that Italian beef and Italian sausage sandwich now !!
Wish me luck and good health.
Old September 10th, 2021, 07:17 AM
Old(s)GuysRule

Stay safe and enjoy it!