The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Check out this congressional hearing

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Check out this congressional hearing

This is a video of U.S. Rep Tom Price of the house healthcare committee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_YOlUBolk
I find it more informational than political. I mean not to offend. If the url doesn't work search Rep. Tom Price.

Last edited by scrappie; August 7th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old August 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Don't know where he is from, but I sure wish he were representing me. The bozos up here were trying to convince me this health care bill...among other things was the best thing since sliced bread. Until i asked them what they would do different were they trying to destroy the country. Now they don't talk to me
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Huh, no longer available. I guess someone didn't want me or anyone else to see it
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM

didn't work for me either...had to look him up once I got into the site.
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
car guy

someone must have reported it to the snitch line. The thugs err I mean the adminstration made youtube take it down.
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Captain of my ship

videos

Just type Rep. Tom Price in the search bar at the top and you will get evey related video with him. I watched them all pretty well and found no solution to health care reform.From everything I heard his idea is a patient first solution? how does it work well he says at the end of the day when people sit around their tables and do their finances they will make the decision if health insurance is affordable for them? They do that now and it is not affordable. From what I gather it is based on tax breaks.Unfortunately a lot of families , mostly single parent, don't pay enough into taxes to get enough of a tax break to afford health care for them and their kids.In his interview with Ed on MSNBC he pretty much said that their would have to be some government oversight in order to get the 25-50 million Americans without healthcare on a system like medicare. But in other videos I see him saying that there should be absolutely no government run program? And as a Republican he wants to cut taxes to the wealthy and buisness as well as every American. How would this help balance the governments budget? if the last tax breaks are any indication it would not help at all and would not spur economic growth as suggested.I think the government could save a lot of money if they were able to stop a lot of the fraud in medicare and medicaide and healthcare that is in place now. America spends twice as much as any other nation PER CAPITA but say that it's because their healthcare is second to none.With the amount that the government is spending on medicare now they could be able to cover those that are not covered.Republicans and Democrats do agree that it will bankrupt the system and then it may not cover those that are on it now . There are too many people that are milking the system and maybe the government should work on fixing that first and see where it takes them. The Republicans want to seem to do nothing and the Democrats want to do too much. Was it mark Twain who said "east is east and west is west and never the two shall meet" something like that anyway.
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:45 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by wolfman98
25-50 million Americans without healthcare on a system like medicare.
First of all the numbers the administartion keeps telling you don't mean crap. If you take out the people that are eligible but choose not to buy insurance and the illegals that the numbers go way down.

There are too many people that are milking the system.
So how does the Government taking over fix that? EVERYTHING the government gets involved in becomes another black hole for money and gets abused by perpetual workers of the system. If we quit dangling all the carrots then people will start figuring out if they what to survive in this world they better start contributing. Churches and chrarity can take care of the truley needy and the true few that fall through the cracks then can look at minimal goverment programs.
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM

I think there has to be bi-partison agreement. The dems are trying to speed this through before anybody has a chance to read it. They have the house and senate so it seems like we just sit back while they drive. There is a petition floating around to have all government officials be on the same plan as everybody else and I think that has them thinking twice. With a service as personal as healthcare it should be a a change for the better for everyone not just the people who need it. Corruption and abuse already exist and government involvement will only make it worse.
I heard that govt. employees have a choice of many healthcare providers and this plan will limit the people.
I also heard that opening up the market to encourage state to state competition could also bring costs down. I think we should exhaust every option of a free market and encourage private sector alternatives rather than throw it in the hands of the govt. Think about the money (trillions) to add to the debt and burden of our children and their grandchildren. This administration has already spent more than all the presidents combined. Who,s gonna pay for it and how?.... We are and for a long time.
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by gearheads78
First of all the numbers the administartion keeps telling you don't mean crap. If you take out the people that are eligible but choose not to buy insurance and the illegals that the numbers go way down.

So how does the Government taking over fix that? EVERYTHING the government gets involved in becomes another black hole for money and gets abused by perpetual workers of the system. If we quit dangling all the carrots then people will start figuring out if they what to survive in this world they better start contributing. Churches and chrarity can take care of the truley needy and the true few that fall through the cracks then can look at minimal goverment programs.
Like I said , they already spend the money now all they have to do is clean up their act and stop the abuses in health care. no need for any increase in taxes just keep the crooks out of the system.I agree in that they don't have to add to the debt to get every AMERICAN into afforable health care for them. The illeagals should be on their own .
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Like I said , they already spend the money now all they have to do is clean up their act and stop the abuses in health care. no need for any increase in taxes just keep the crooks out of the system.I agree in that they don't have to add to the debt to get every AMERICAN into afforable health care for them. The illeagals should be on their own .

Exactly. Everyone already has access to healthcare here. Not everyone has insurance. I don't know the exact numbers and am no longer current on what exactly is happening, but believe that eliminating the illegals would dramaticly reduce the cost of healthcare as well as tort reform controlling the amount a malpractice suite would reward. How many millions did that old bat get for a cup of coffey she spilled in her lap? Come ON...it's coffey...IT'S GONNA BE HOT!!!. At the risk of getting directly political It would seem the best thing this administration could do is stop...Period. Another thing that needs to be considered is every dime that a corperation is taxed gets passed on to the consumer. Corperations DON'T pay taxes. Even if the government are collecting money from corperations...you are paying the taxes in the end. The less a business has to spend to be in business (IE taxes and fees ) the more competative it can be. All the way around. Meaning it can afford to PAY HIGHER WAGES, as well as charge less for its goods and services. Why are we paying a production tax in the first place? honestly... that in essence punnishes Production and industrious behavure. I am a HUGE fan of the concept of a consumption tax. This would free up BILLIONS in funds wasted on enforcement collection and conformation to murky, overlapping and contradicting tax code. Kill the IRS enact the fair tax and watch the economy build. Get out of peopls way and allow them the freedom to choose the health care THEY want. If we had a business friendly environment there would be more jobs than people. Wages would have to increase as well a bennie packages, and the best form of wellfair is a good job. Lets start looking to the health of the goose instead if how those golden eggs are being distributed. once government has controll it will only relenquish it slowly (years if not decades) and painfully. This NEEDS to stop...now. but first we as a nation need to get over this whole class envy horse hockey and whoos got what shiz and focuse on what has worked thoughout history in puting the most wealth in the most peoples hands....the FREE market system, the very principles the built this nation. The very principles that are being shoved under the bus.
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM

yes, Tom Price is another one that should stay. it sure sucks that it is easier to name the ones that should stay than the ones that should go.