The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Breakfast Humor de jour

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM

Breakfast Humor de jour

What has 4 breast and 10 teeth?

2 waitresses at the Waffle House.

http://www.wafflehouse.com/welcome/i...d=78&Itemid=54

And I'm on my way to get some Scattered, Covered, and Smothered.

It's 18 degrees and I'm freezing.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:48 AM

It would be more believing if you said 3 breasts...

A nice hot breakfast sounds GOOD! 18 degrees don't. BTW, don't you live in the south?? Sounds like you are in Canada...
We are supposed to get some 13 degree weather here in a few days, highs in the 20's. Talk about a COLD winter we are having here in TX!
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... you are funny!!!! It sucks to be cold, doesn't it?? LOL!! Believe me, I feel your pain!!!
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM

ok you got me what's the answer
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mornin Citcapp! You are funny today too! lol!!!
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM

That was a wanaful breakfast Warm the tummy

Their have hash browns really are wonderful.

They can be searved in several ways or combos of the below

Scattered
smothered=with onion
covered=with cheese
chunked=with diced ham
diced=with chopped tomatoes
peppered=with diced bell peppers
buttoned=with mushrooms
topped=with chili

I selected scattered smothered and covered with two poached eggs and sausage.

I felt a little guilt with my joke. The waitresses really are very nice and axed me at least 15 times if "ever thing was all rite?"

When ya'll travel dis way, jes look fer the black and yeller signs along the interstates. They're everywhere and are open 24/7 365. I'm told they don't even have keys fer the front door.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Glad you enjoyed it!!! Those all sound good to me except for the chili! I've been by the Waffle Houses, but we've never stopped at one. I be likin a good fluffy Western Omelette with hash browns. Mmmmmmm....
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM

Waffle houses?
Reminds me of my last trip to Florida with a stop in Charleston. Ate at two of them.
I also saw an in-process cutlass on that connector between 95 and Charleston. Missing grill, bumper, valence, etc. One of Three cutlass A-bodies I saw on my entire trip.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM

The closest I've been to a waffle house is watching the movie tin cup. I have driven by lots of then in my travel in the southern areas. None here on the West Coast. Kind of like a fast food place arn't they
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

I think they're like a Perkins or a Denny's??
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:55 PM

A few years back my work sent me to Georgia to work on a Forest Fire... the week before Christmas! Before leaving a friend at work told me to look for "boiled peanuts". That it would be a treat if I could bring some back for him as he used to live down there. I have no idea where I was, some small community off the beaten path and here's a guy on the edge of the road with a big cast iron pot stirring the water that was boiling peanuts. From what I remember they seemed kinda soggy... but my friend was tickled pink with the ones I brought back for him!

I'm sure there's some kind of local cuisine here that would seem out of the ordinary for most of you. I'm just not sure what it would be
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM
GM Enthusiast

They can be searved in several ways or combos of the below

Scattered
smothered=with onion
covered=with cheese
chunked=with diced ham
diced=with chopped tomatoes
peppered=with diced bell peppers
buttoned=with mushrooms
topped=with chili

I selected scattered smothered and covered with two poached eggs and sausage.
Does that come with a Lipitor chaser?

It's 18 degrees and I'm freezing.
Glad we could share some with you! After our 26" of snow before Christmas, we got an additional 6" over the weekend. And BTW, that was our high temp last Saturday.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:55 AM

Well I see the ole Global warming has really taken hold in "Lonk Island" and Texas.

Hum, Let me see ere. A "Waffle house" is a little more unique than a Denny's. When you first walk in EVERYONE working there shouts "Mawn'in" or "Afternoon" or "Evening."

There appear to be two kinds of customers. One [like moi] go occassionally and the other "regulars" seem to know everything about the waitresses and the waitresses about them.

Yesterdasy, I heard one ole cogger talking with one of the waitresses who had ask him about his surgery.

To address another subject.

Boiled Peanuts [a.k.a Goober peas] are nothing but raw peanuts [undried] that have been cooked [boiled] in water with about a 200% mixture of salt.

I eat them occassionally but they're loaded with salt and kinda messy when you're driving. I really can't explain the fasination but tourist seem to love the novelty. I have a 2nd cousin in D.C. who craves them when she comes south.

I guess everyone needs to make a living and sitting by the road selling stuff is just another way.

Years ago, [In the days of the Barbesol signs] there were roadside stands selling Chanille bed spreads, Rebel flags and felt painting of Elvis.

Then of course there was ever popular Reptile farms. Where dumb Yankees would pay good money to see a snake pit and/or an alligator snoozing.

The place that blows me away is "South of the Border" near Dillon S.C. on I-95. It is without a doubt the tackiest place in the Northern Hemisphere but it always packed with cars, campers, vans and people wearing t-shirts and flip flops eating ice cream and cotton candy. Americana at it's finest

There is absolutely no reason for it to exist in the middle on nowhere

hhttp://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2211ere.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

......Does that come with a Lipitor chaser?

Now that is funny!!!! LOL! Jamesbo.... boiled peanuts do not sound very good to me! Yep, ya used to see roadside stands everywhere... even around here... selling Velvet Elvis', plastic flowers... name it, they sold it! Don't see very many any more.

I love to be a tourist! I wish that could be my profession!! I don't stop at the "tacky" places. Ever been to Wall Drug SD??? I love that place! Started out as a water stop for travelers, and took off from there! I especially like the big cement dinosaur! Seriously, it is a neat place.... Kind of right up there with the Mitchell Corn Palace in Nebraska!!! LOL!!
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

I love to be a tourist! I wish that could be my profession!! I don't stop at the "tacky" places. Ever been to Wall Drug SD??? I love that place!
Nope, but I've been to Rapid City and I once refueled in Lincon Nebraska and froze my -----off standing outiside on the tarmack.

Ok let's play a game. I'll start a new thread
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM

Grits, grits, ya gotta have Grits... and SWEET tea.
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Registered

Talking Flapjackshack

. boiled peanuts do not sound very good to me! Yep, ya used to see roadside stands everywhere... even around here... selling Velvet Elvis', plastic flowers... name it, they sold it! Don't see very many any more.

I love to be a tourist! I wish that could be my profession!! I don't stop at the "tacky" places. Ever been to Wall Drug SD??? I love that place! Started out as a water stop for travelers, and took off from there! I especially like the big cement dinosaur! Seriously, it is a neat place.... Kind of right up there with the Mitchell Corn Palace in Nebraska!!! LOL!!
The answer is Hugh Hefner for number of teeth left and the blondes he walks around with on each arm for the remainder, six would be even funnier Rob.
Do you remember the movie Mall Rats and the scene with the third blonde from Three's Company as the fortune teller too?

Nothing is made of cement, nothing, it's concrete!
I know that's a what you called it in Ravenna but that's not a ceement pond you would go swimming in Sandy.

It's tough to eat them goober peas with no teeth unless they're boiled.

I've liked tacky tourist caves ever since I read Tom Sawyer.
The old gold mines in Colorado in the back of a souvenir shop through an old wooden door are fun too, those miner guys were nuts.
I went to Luray Caverns in Virginia, they talk sort of funny and only have camo clothes at The Wal-Mart.
We visited the Luray Zoo too, real small place but they do have some cool animals and take good care of them, lots of very rare and poisonous snakes.
Steve Irwin visited there once to check the snakes out and his pic is everywhere.
I heard they were coming out with a new special edition Corvette Stingray in his honor??

You just don't know where to look for stuff Sandy. Several real Elvii and plastic flowers can be found at the Streetsyltucky flea all year and the old Memphis drive-in/Berea fairgrounds flea in the nice weather.
I told you about shopping there for Laura's Samurai sword set wedding anniversary gift then having dinner alfresco at Denny's?
They have really nice interior vinyl yardage cheap and in a lot of colors, should have just bought mine there.
I know all those guys if you want me to put in a good word for you.

Sandy...there are those Wafflehouses with the yellow signs that say "Waffllehouse" all over the place around here if you look.
A few in Akron nearer to you, mostly in trucker/pick-up truck areas, I know there's one down on Vine street in Eastlake/Streetslytucky north.
I swear the 'Boro used to have one?
Maybe one in Akron has a cruise-in and gives out golden waffle trophies Sandy?

I hates waffles, pancakes too, never set foot in the place.
The local charity pancake breakfast season will be starting too soon.

I only like fresh maple syrup on American Toast.
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:47 AM

This morning I awoke with two options

1] Buy a flea collar

or

2] Get my ears lowered.

Ya can't leave for a second without these der critters taken over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
catnap.jpg (4.9 KB, 18 views)
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
The answer is Hugh Hefner for number of teeth left and the blondes he walks around with on each arm for the remainder, six would be even funnier Rob.
Do you remember the movie Mall Rats and the scene with the third blonde from Three's Company as the fortune teller too?

Nothing is made of cement, nothing, it's concrete!
I know that's a what you called it in Ravenna but that's not a ceement pond you would go swimming in Sandy.

It's tough to eat them goober peas with no teeth unless they're boiled.

I've liked tacky tourist caves ever since I read Tom Sawyer.
The old gold mines in Colorado in the back of a souvenir shop through an old wooden door are fun too, those miner guys were nuts.
I went to Luray Caverns in Virginia, they talk sort of funny and only have camo clothes at The Wal-Mart.
We visited the Luray Zoo too, real small place but they do have some cool animals and take good care of them, lots of very rare and poisonous snakes.
Steve Irwin visited there once to check the snakes out and his pic is everywhere.
I heard they were coming out with a new special edition Corvette Stingray in his honor??

You just don't know where to look for stuff Sandy. Several real Elvii and plastic flowers can be found at the Streetsyltucky flea all year and the old Memphis drive-in/Berea fairgrounds flea in the nice weather.
I told you about shopping there for Laura's Samurai sword set wedding anniversary gift then having dinner alfresco at Denny's?
They have really nice interior vinyl yardage cheap and in a lot of colors, should have just bought mine there.
I know all those guys if you want me to put in a good word for you.

Sandy...there are those Wafflehouses with the yellow signs that say "Waffllehouse" all over the place around here if you look.
A few in Akron nearer to you, mostly in trucker/pick-up truck areas, I know there's one down on Vine street in Eastlake/Streetslytucky north.
I swear the 'Boro used to have one?
Maybe one in Akron has a cruise-in and gives out golden waffle trophies Sandy?

I hates waffles, pancakes too, never set foot in the place.
The local charity pancake breakfast season will be starting too soon.

I only like fresh maple syrup on American Toast.

You're gonna end up in one of them ceement ponds if ya keep it up!! And get hit upside the head with a waffle trophy!

I was to the Luray Caverns many years ago. They were nice! That was before Wal-Mart was around! They still dressed in camo clothes, though!!

Where in the Boro is this wonderful flea market you keep talkin about? I should just ask Brian here, he lives in the Boro! Yes you told me all about the wonderful sword set anniversary gift and the romantic dinner at Denny's!!! You're the man!! LOL! Do you ever go to Hartville flea market? I haven't been, but I'd like to go sometime. Larry isn't a flea market type person. Jean and Bob used to go there a lot. When I used to go to Michigan to see my sister, we'd always go to Gibralter flea market. That's a big place. I'd come out with all sorts of neat stuff!! I love stuff!!!

I should Google Wafflehouse - There was never one in the Boro, and I dunno about Akorn - I don't go there either unless I have to. There may be one out past Austintown, but I can't remember. Eastlake/Streetsyltucky North??? You crack me up!!!

How can ya not like pancakes??? I like 'em!! My mom used to make buckwheat cakes... I liked them too! Wonder if Jamesbo eats buckwheat cakes??? I also like maple syrup - just a little - on my "eggbread"!!
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
This morning I awoke with two options

1] Buy a flea collar

or

2] Get my ears lowered.

Ya can't leave for a second without these der critters taken over.

Well, which did you choose??? LOL!!! I like your crittle, Jamesbo!!! I wish I could have an inside crittle.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Buckwheat Pancakes?

The only Buckwheat I remember was on the Little Rascals. I think he changed his name to Kareem of Wheat.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:25 AM

Jamsbo your dating yourself again
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM

OOOOOOOOOPS,

I forgot Buckwheat Zycedo From "The Big Easy" tres cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdPr7MQdBQ
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... they make Buckwheat pancake mix...you never seen it??

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 6th, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: crawcrabs
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Jamesbo... they make Buckwheat pancake flour... you never seen it??
I've never looked fer it.

My "exigency de jour" is Cuban food and I'm searchng for Criollo Marinade to fix me up some Puerco Asado [roast poke Cuban style]

The only time I've come in contact with Buckwheat [other than Buckwheat Zycedo] is when some Yahoo at a gardening store convinced me to plant it in my garden as a cover crop.

Trying to plow that stuff under was a mess.

I was late getting my 'taters in that year and I haven't used it again.

Last edited by Jamesbo; January 6th, 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: tacky
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

You are funny Jamesbo!!!!