The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Any 80s Cadillac fanatics in readerland?

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2023, 02:43 PM

Any 80s Cadillac fanatics in readerland?

I have friend in Georgia who is trying to revive a 80 Eldadoro. It’s a project car, unfortunately someone abandoned project car. It has the 6.0 non V864 engine. It appears the previous owner planned to convert to a carburetor, most of the ECM harness is cut and hacked up or missing.

Anyone know of a Cadillac salvage yard or Cadillac enthusiast who might be able to help him with locating all the missing connectors and parts? He has already removed the external fuel pump and reinstalled the correct in tank pump and fuel lines, and the throttle body was in the trunk when he bought it.

I’m not all that familiar with those cars, just a little before my time. I’m not sure what all he will need, without a doubt lots of little things over and beyond the obvious. Im trying to help him as much as I can despite the distance. Thanks!!!
Old August 9th, 2023, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by matt69olds
I have friend in Georgia who is trying to revive a 80 Eldadoro. It’s a project car, unfortunately someone abandoned project car. It has the 6.0 non V864 engine. It appears the previous owner planned to convert to a carburetor, most of the ECM harness is cut and hacked up or missing.

Anyone know of a Cadillac salvage yard or Cadillac enthusiast who might be able to help him with locating all the missing connectors and parts? He has already removed the external fuel pump and reinstalled the correct in tank pump and fuel lines, and the throttle body was in the trunk when he bought it.

I’m not all that familiar with those cars, just a little before my time. I’m not sure what all he will need, without a doubt lots of little things over and beyond the obvious. Im trying to help him as much as I can despite the distance. Thanks!!!
1979-1985 Cadillac Eldorado, 1980-1985 Cadillac Seville. Facebook, I am a member. Very helpful guys.

facebook.com/groups/HT4100

Last edited by HighwayStar 442; August 9th, 2023 at 02:51 PM. Reason: facebook.com/groups/HT4100