stainless steel refurbishing

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2015, 04:52 PM

stainless steel refurbishing

I had a good experience with a business and wanted to share it with you all. Perhaps it will be an answer to a few peoples questions on who does restoration/refurbishment of stainless steel trim and other trim pieces.

I am nearing the completion of my 76 cutlass 442. Like many I had a set of dinged up and cloudy wheel well moldings. Which are not reproduced, and only fit the 76/77 year. So... after some googling I found Iverson Automotive out of Minnesota, website indicates he has been in the business of refurbishing automotive trim for 30 years. I sent him a few pics and he thought he could bring them back. There were more dings than a simple phone pic could show...

But he restored them to like new. Can't tell where any dings were, he has them buffed to a mirror shine. The contact side to the wheel well was cleaned to almost a shine and the bottom exposed was shined.

Well worth the money ! I will take pics of the car and post, close ups if you want, but take my word, great work !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
moldings prior2.jpg (170.2 KB, 30 views)
Old October 12th, 2015, 06:24 PM

Glad you have had good luck with them....just the opposite here....

I do a ton of stainless resto / polishing, and the parts we sent to them were above my skill level, and I am sure once we do finally get them back, they will look great....but with everything, a time frame was promised, and those dates continue to keep moving backwards and have turned into months....and it is holding up a project.

Cant wait to see pics of the car !

thanks for posting
tim
Old October 13th, 2015, 08:13 AM

Hey Tim,
I was given a turn around time that he went way over on as well. Luck has it the body shop did too.. In my case his backlog didn't affect my car. I got them back maybe 2 weeks ago, dropped them off at the shop last week. The trim was put on yesterday.

A hard process perhaps to estimate the time. Price was a bit more too, but the work was worth it. Seeing the trim on the car in pristine shape was worth the extra $

Hope yours turns out like mine. Will post pics when shop is done with the car. I am putting in the the interior minus the headliner.

Alex