Looking for 64/ 65 Vista Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2008, 01:30 AM

Looking for 64/ 65 Vista Cruiser

Hi, I am looking for a 1964- 1965 Olds Vista Cruiser. I would like one with a third row if possible A/C. I would like for the car to be in CA (or neighboring states) because I don't want to travel across the country. I would like for the wagon to be running and fairly original. I am looking for a project/ daily driver. If you know of such a wagon for sale, please let me know. Thanks, Wayne

P.S... I would also be interested in a Buick Sportwagon '64-'65 in the same condition as described above. Thanks again, Wayne
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Wow! You might check Hemmings, and your local Craiglist. Good luck finding what you want.
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

I'm sure you've seen the red one in Indiana, think it has been on evilbay, a little pricey IMO. There is a really nice '72 on there now in North Carolina. I would buy it in a minute if I was still looking, nicest stock original one I've seen in a long time, and it isn't green!

http://www.cars-on-line.com/36762.html.

You could check on the yahoo GM skywagon club group, sometimes they talk about cars for sale. There have been a bunch on Craigslist in the past year in CA too. Watch out for roof rust around the windows (sometimes it is a good idea to pull the trim or at least look for water stains on the headliner),the rear storage and spare tire well area, below the side rear windows, bottom of the tail gate, dog legs and lower quarters, the lower front fenders are almost a given to be rusty unless they are from a real dry area. Good luck, found mine in Wisconsin, came from LA and then sat in a garage for 15 years, had no rust except for the lower front fenders.

Allan
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the tips. I have been looking on the Yahoo Skywagon groups, Craigslist, ebay, and googling. I was just hoping to see if anyone had one for sale in my area. Thanks, Wayne
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM

I forgot to ask, does the F85 wagon have the under storage compartment or is that just a Vista Cruiser/ Sportwagon thing. Thanks, Wayne
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

I figured you were covering the bases, the car will find you soon enough. Washington and Oregon are also loaded with them, most of the parts come from that way or Arizona. I think the "storage" compartment is on all of them, I know the 70-72 are that way, figure the earlier ones are the same? The Vista and Sport Wagon are basically the same as a regular wagon except for the longer and boxed frame, bigger rear doors, roof, floor section etc.. The rear sections are like a regular wagon inside, I know the side and spare tire covers are the same as a Chebelle wagon on my '71. The compartment was for the rear facing seat foot area and storage like in a Chebelle wagon and I think partial seat storage for the front facing rear seat? It comes in handy, not many places to put tools and stuff in a wagon, trunks are way bigger. I have a hydraulic floor jack, jack stands, wheel chocks, and a tool set in there. Don't ever use the jack it comes with, that's why most of the bumpers are bent, plus you have to jack it up really high in the rear to even get the tire off the ground. The boxed frame is stiff, if you use a floor jack on the side sometimes both wheels come off the ground, like nascar.

Allan
Old April 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Wayne,
I have a 65 Vista Cruiser, all original, in San Diego. Strictly CA car. Where are you located? If the price is riught I suppose anything is for sale when in need.
Old April 5th, 2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Josify
Wayne,
I have a 65 Vista Cruiser, all original, in San Diego. Strictly CA car. Where are you located? If the price is riught I suppose anything is for sale when in need.

Did you notice you are responding to a six year old ad? You might post a for sale ad.

Henry