Cutlass supreme

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM

Thumbs up Cutlass supreme

Looking for a 1971/72 cutlass SUPREME as a project car. Engine, transmission, floor panels important
Old April 8th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Rodney

'71 Cutlass Supreme - Texas Car

I have a '71 Cutlass Supreme that might interest you: 350 Q-jet, TH350 trans, AC, PS, PDB, 14" SSI wheels. It's an Arlington-built car, cowl tag says O5B132 which would be 2nd week of May. It's a split-bench seat with white interior and white vinyl top and the body color is #49 Antique Jade Iridescentt (a very cool color if you ask me). Not the usual Pea green you see from this era. It's a little banged up, but the motor is numbers matching, and has the original factory paint - it's not been repainted. The body is very solid with the exception of the floors which will need patch panels. The floors are rusted because someone removed the windshield and left the car open to the weather. There is a little rust behind the rear window from the vinyl top - but nothing major. The the halo molding around the vinyl top is all there and I have the windshield trim as well. The rear quarter panels have quarter-sized rust behind the rear wheels in the trunk drop off area which could be easily patched as the surrounding sheet metal is very solid. The front fenders are not rusted out at the bottoms like you normally see, but they will need some massaging to smooth out the fender-bender dents. Rear bumper is straight with decent chrome and tail light assemblies, no front bumper. The starter will crank the motor and the engine will turn but not turn-over. What I mean is it isn't completely frozen up, but there must be some rust in the cylinders that prevents a complete revolution. The motor has no.7 heads. A great starting point for a numbers-matching restoration, and a great color combination too!
Here's a few pics.