66 or 67 convertible

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM

66 or 67 convertible

Hello again everyone , I joined the site a while back , then got sick and haven't done much for the last couple of months.
I am in Ohio and I would like to buy a 66 or 67 convertible.
I can't afford a show car or even anything close! lol
I just want something I can work on and drive in the not too distant future.
I have seen "rollers" go very cheap on here and it sounds like a good way to have a decent car and put a rebuilt engine and transmission in so you have dependability?
Please correct me if that is not so.
I also have seen some sorta rusty crusty cars with a decent engine and transmission , but needs things like brakes , interior , body work, etc.
If anyone has a car they are not going to be able to get to please let me know what you have and your best price.( i will not give that information to anyone else}
I am a terrible negotiator and while I realise some people enjoy that part , I normally just walk away if it is more than I can pay or think it is worth.
Thanks for your time and hope to hear from the person who now has my new car.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; November 9th, 2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: altzheimers
Old December 28th, 2021, 01:30 PM

What condition is the car in if you only paid $2100 for it? If it is in restorable condition you should be able to sell it for a profit then use that to get a hard top.
I would think grafting a hardtop roof onto a convertible would be extremely difficult, and to make it removable almost impossible. Hopefully if you try it you don’t just end up wrecking two cars. That being said I’ll be fallowing this. Good luck.
Old December 28th, 2021, 02:00 PM

You're six years late, and the coffee is cold. Actually you posted in the wrong thread!

Last edited by Yellowstatue; December 28th, 2021 at 02:04 PM. Reason: He posted the post in the wrong threads post.