Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

WTS/WTT '65 Olds 442

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM

WTS/WTT '65 Olds 442

1965 Oldsmobile 442

Exterior: refinished in 1976 with the factory red lacquer , has checking on the top of the front drivers fender and the top of the rear passenger quarter. No rust repairs or body filler, factory trim and emblems. Aside from the mentioned paint issues, the body is in excellent condition. Trunk is free from rust as are the original floor pans. Front bumper has 2 dull spots where the hood seam drips rain (see pics).
Interior: Stock factory black carpet and vinyl seats in excellent condition, manual windows with operable wings, doors seal tight, factory Hurst 4-speed console w/Tach. New Sun 3 gauge cluster (can be removed). No A/C.

Engine: The factory 400 had head problems in 1978 (non-leaded gas) and was replaced with a 455. Last year the 455 was gone through:
Oldsmobile C heads (80cc) 1.625 inch exhaust valves re-done with new valves, valve guides and seats, Competition Cam 280H block boiled, stripped and repainted, Edlebrock intake manifold, factory crank, GM pistons/Rods, chrome valve covers, additional electric fan in front of the radiator. FlowTech Ceramic coated headers and new dual exhaust bent to hug the contours of the floor- no hanging down! It makes around 375 HP and is very streetable.

Other: Custom fit outdoor cover, separate indoor storage dust cover, factory exhaust manifolds, tires in excellent condition, factory Protecta-plate, large binder full of magazine articles and 442 info. 34,656 total original miles.

The car was owned by a guy in Ohio who had the paint redone in ’76 and replaced the engine in ’78. It was bought by a gentleman in Peoria who had the engine updated and had the covers made. He decided he had to have a custom chopper I had for sale, so we traded!

I’m asking $14,000 (below book for a car in average condition). I’m open to most partial trades- motorcycles, boats, guns, cars/trucks, whatcha got? I’ll be glad to answer any ?’s via email- hjort@bwsys.net as well as provide any specific pics you’d like. General pics posted here: http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/pbgunrunner/1965%20442/

Last edited by pbgunrunner; July 12th, 2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: changed text