Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Olds Luvr's Cutlass for Auction!

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM
Registered Luser

Unhappy Olds Luvr's Cutlass for Auction!

Sad but true...found by a surfing Bluevista! wonder what it will go for? Could be something to keep an eye on!
http://www.copart.com/c2/specialSear...lotId=14149709
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Should of never let that car go back to the insurance company........More that likely it will be bought and parted out... when it was very repairable........Bummer.......
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM

I wonder what the buy back was on it.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Well I can clear up the questions here and why I let it go. First off easy reapir included cowl and fire wall, severe frame damage and rear quarters and deck buckled. I have family that restores cars and was there when I bought mine and said he never saw one so clean. When he looked at it after the accident he said let it go because even if he and I did it when you see it up close she was bad...keep in mind he hit me going 65-70mph. My feelings were to keep it but that was all emotional. I have 3 shops quote it and the cheapest was 18K and that was from a frind that was a shop owner. Did I want to let it go no...but why throw good money at bad money? At the end of the day it is still a salvaged title car.

On the other hand I have been looking and taking trips to see cars and have walked from everyone so far.

the buy back was 4K
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Grown Azz Kid

But on a final note.....I miss my damn car and replacing it is not easy......And maybe I should have kept it but emotions help decisions in good ways and bad. The car to me and my family was pleasure and good thoughts. We drive by where we were hit all the time as it was so close to my house and my 9 year old daughter reminds me everytime that is were we got hit. I would not want her to think of that everytime I took fer for a ride......
Old September 10th, 2009, 02:38 AM

If you had kept it you could have parted it out for yourself, using the parts on your new ride...same year and model of course
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Grown Azz Kid

Yes, I could have kept it and found a place to keep it and maybe found a use for some parts.I really did not have room outside to keep it and if I did I would have wanted to fix it. the next one I buy hopefully will not need much. There was not alot on the car that was not damaged. After the guy hit my side we were pushed into another car so the passanger side was smashed as well. Did I make the wrong choice to let it go...I still say no from a business stand point and until I have another in the driveway it is tough to say. Honestly it feels like I lost a part of me as we all put so much time and money into them...

Well if anyone runs across a good convertible for sale let me know.
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:49 AM

Sorry to hear the news

First off, I certainly hope none of your family was hurt.

I know what you mean about the emotions. They can almost paralyze you when you love a car that much. I had to make a similar decision myself after an accident with my '66 Olds. I also have three daughters myself and I would not want them to think about the accident every time we went for a drive either. I am not sure if you still can, and call me crazy, but can you salvage a single part of the car and make something out of it?

1. Take the drivers seat out and make a rocking chair out of it.
2. Make a wall clock from the steering wheel.
3. Make a lamp with the cam and a brake rotor for the base.

Just a few ideas, but you get the picture. The car may be gone, but it will never be forgotten, especially if you make an everyday item from a piece of it. Best of luck.
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM

What was it? The link must be old and takes you to their home page. Searched all Oldsmobiles and there was no Vista on there.
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WTony
What was it? The link must be old and takes you to their home page. Searched all Oldsmobiles and there was no Vista on there.
This is the same car, it's being sold by the dealer that bought it at the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...=p4506.c0.m245
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Wasnt a vista.............. It was awrecked vert............I saved the picture somwere..........only one i could find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
4].JPG (81.3 KB, 103 views)
Old September 11th, 2009, 06:21 AM

I think Id cry. No, Id kill the guy who hit me with my bear hands, puke, then cry.
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM

bummer, but I'd say you made a good decision, there will always be another car (well usually anyway) and it sounds like you and your family were not hurt. I joke all the time, I'll heal, my car won't! But in the end it is a car and your kids are your kids. be patient, it took me years to find my car and here I am years later still trying to finish it knowing one day my child or someone else's will ding it - and I'll have to accept it.
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Well a bit more info on the situation, killing the guy and just the rough ride. it comes down to I could not have sold it for what I insured it for and can always look at it like I helped the values of everyone eles go up as one less around. I did want to kill the guy and when you have your wife and 2 kids in the car and are hit by a drunk going 65 and you stopped at a light and find out he is not just drunk but uninsured, no lisence tries to flee the scene and a loaded 357 it had all the makings to end even worse. At one point when he tried to start his car and leave I pulled his door open and tried to pull him out of the car....he could have killed someone in the accident or even shot someone (me).... The good news is we are all Ok and I just have a void to fill. One will come along at the right time I guess and be able to upgrade in the process

I have driven 8 10 hours one way to look at a car that was not what it was supposed to be and drive right back home.....Any tips in finding another would be great as who better to refer an olds luvr to a new car than others who love oldsmobiles as much as I do......Thanks to all for the kind words and support
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM

the search is half the fun!