Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Anyone know this car

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM

Anyone know this car

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/WA0...rdtop/4-Speed/

I tried to purchase this car at Russo Steele last Sept. I was the high bidder but it never reached reserve. I went to 25 K, but I think the seller wanted 35. Nice car, the yellow on yellow grows with you.

I hope it goes to a good home

Shawn
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:48 AM
Administrator

If its as nice in person, it's an awesome car. I would think $25k would be light on the bidding also.
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
If its as nice in person, it's an awesome car. I would think $25k would be light on the bidding also.

Car was from South Carolina, Nice lady owned it but she was into Corvettes and wanted to sell it.

Yes 25 K would have been a steal but she has now shipped it to a couple of auction houses, it cost money to ship a car all over the place and selling fee. Lets see if it sells this weekend
Old June 1st, 2015, 08:54 PM

Welcome to the 442 World .

1st , really nice Pontiac collection . I would bet your GTO is as nice as your 2+2.
2nd . This specific 442 has never appeared at Barrett - Jackson Scottsdale . It does not look familiar in any of their histories .
The only visual incorrects I can see are Standard Cutlass Supreme headlight bezels . Intake looks aftermarket , and A/C hoses are retrofitted . Of course , there was never a 15 " Wheel option . It sounds like you are serious about this car , and it is a beautiful car . One detail would really help you to become much more knowledgeable that I did not see . A close up image of the Cowl Tag .
Post the picture , and there are several members that can decode exactly what the car was born with . Unfortunately , you can have these Cowl Tags made to order every day of the week .
If you are open to looking at other 67 , 442's ... Check out Hairy Old's Original
67 Red 442 , listed - again today .. On this forum . If I were looking for a 67 , that one would always be a consideration . Best of luck to you , there are some extremely knowledgeable Oldsmobile - and specific 442 people on here . Ask as many questions as possible before buying ... You will be much happier .. JT
Old June 2nd, 2015, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jimi2much
1st , really nice Pontiac collection . I would bet your GTO is as nice as your 2+2.
2nd . This specific 442 has never appeared at Barrett - Jackson Scottsdale . It does not look familiar in any of their histories .
The only visual incorrects I can see are Standard Cutlass Supreme headlight bezels . Intake looks aftermarket , and A/C hoses are retrofitted . Of course , there was never a 15 " Wheel option . It sounds like you are serious about this car , and it is a beautiful car . One detail would really help you to become much more knowledgeable that I did not see . A close up image of the Cowl Tag .
Post the picture , and there are several members that can decode exactly what the car was born with . Unfortunately , you can have these Cowl Tags made to order every day of the week .
If you are open to looking at other 67 , 442's ... Check out Hairy Old's Original
67 Red 442 , listed - again today .. On this forum . If I were looking for a 67 , that one would always be a consideration . Best of luck to you , there are some extremely knowledgeable Oldsmobile - and specific 442 people on here . Ask as many questions as possible before buying ... You will be much happier .. JT

Thanks for the kind words on the Pontiac's, sticking with a 1970 to 1972 442 first, Just letting some members know that this car was for sale and its a very clean nice car. If I got it for 25 k it would have been a great deal for myself. a 1967 or 1966 will be in my collection within the next 5 years just a couple cars ahead of it.

Thanks
Shawn