Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

67 442 convertible

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:41 PM

67 442 convertible

I'm helping to sell a 1967 Oldsmobile 442 convertible for the wife of my late customer and friend. Chuck passed suddenly last November and will be missed very much by his family.
This 442 is a very good #2 condition car. I've worked on this car and spent some time with it and I'm very impressed with its overall condition. It is very original with one excellent quality repaint in its original color of burgundy mist. It has its original 400 cid engine, automatic transmission and rear end. It's also well equipped with power top, power steering, power brakes, power antenna, tilt wheel, bucket seats, console, chrome super stock I wheels and remote trunk popper. Chuck bought this car a few years ago from Vanguard sales in the Detroit area. The information supplied with the car when he purchased it claims that it was a one owner car with the original top. The top looks in good shape. I can't prove that the top is original, but on close inspection it looks plausible. Chuck got this car with 78,000 miles and now it has 80,000 miles. As I've inspected this car, it looks to have had the carpet replaced and the front seat covers redone. Also it's been detailed under the hood and underneath.I cant' find any evidence of any rust or accidents ever on this car. With a flashlight I've checked inside the quarters, doors and fenders and all looks perfect. All the chrome and trim are in excellent condition with just a few very tiny marks on the pot metal parts.I've driven this car and wow am I impressed. It starts and drives as if it were new. Even the original steering wheel is in perfect condition. This is a mostly original car, not a restored car. As such it has some minor imperfections. However I find this car to be in remarkable condition for a mostly original car. It comes with a car cover.And an aftermarket radio (dash isn't cut). The original radio comes with the car.
Because this is a very rare high quality car with a lot of originality, we are asking $41,500.00.
I'll be happy to answer any questions. Interested parties are welcome to call and come see this car at my shop in Jackson, Michigan.
Contact Bob Reeve at (517)663-6676 daytime EDT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
8-2-16n 037.JPG (791.9 KB, 181 views)
8-2-16n 064.JPG (820.7 KB, 183 views)
8-2-16n 066.JPG (843.4 KB, 201 views)
8-2-16n 071.JPG (784.4 KB, 195 views)
8-2-16n 082.JPG (815.7 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Carshinebob; October 1st, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 03:57 PM

I found a u tube video of this car when it was for sale at Vanguard motor sales. Here's the link.
Old August 21st, 2016, 12:03 PM

OK, I started the price quite high at what Chuck had into this car. We are interested in hearing from serious buyers. Tell us what you would pay for this car. Looking for a fair retail price as I've been offered wholesale by two folks who would flip this car. Thanks. ~BOB
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:17 PM

The last edition of the OCPG has a 67 442 convertible in #2 condition as 37.1k

My thinking from a few years ago was that a restored 67 442 was worth 20k, a manual trans added 5k and a convertible added 10k. I should probably add 5 grand to each of those.

It's a very nice car. I think the engine has been repainted as the bronze is too orange. However, the car seems a little strange, and I think that is because probably your definition of original and mine do not match. I consider this car to be a lightly restored car, with a frame-on repaint and possible replacement of some of the bolt on parts. It doesn't have the feel of an original car, and I don't mean that in a negative way.

I am not in the market for this car, and my only drawback to it is that I don't like the color, but that's just me personally, nor do I particularly like automatic console cars in those years (again that's just me).

For price, I'd ask 40 and take 35.
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:40 AM

Very nice car! Paint looks like it has a little orange peel in the video. Only thing I see not quite stock are tailpipe tips, replaced water neck, non black oil filler cap. Trouble with this car is a dealer had it and the markup has already taken place. They buy to flip so now you need to find a buyer that will pay the price paid to break even with little room for a profit. Its a great turn key car for someone who is not into wrenching and it is a convertible. Don't really know what someone would pay for it and I do not put much belief in book values. I cannot see this car as nice as it is bringing more than 25, but that's just me.
Old August 26th, 2016, 02:35 PM

Thank-you guys for your input. My gut said mid thirty's from the moment I was asked to help sell it. I've also talked to quite a few people in the know and so far almost everyone agrees with my assessment. Also spending some time with this car really drives home just how nice it is. Thanks again. ~BOB
Old September 4th, 2016, 12:05 PM

Hello everyone. The original radio has been found along with a two page log Chuck kept from the time he bought the car. He also replaced the carb and water pump and kept the originals. those will come with the car. New asking price is $ 41,500.00. ~BOB
Old October 1st, 2016, 03:30 PM

This car is still available. However I'll be putting it my back room to store it for the winter. Keep this car in mind if you know anyone looking for a very nice turn key car. ~BOB
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:38 AM

I'm getting this car out of my back room because of the mild weather this year. So time to bring this thread back to life. Beautiful car that needs a new owner. ~BOB
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:55 AM
dualquadpete

well this turns my crank for replacement of lost Cutlass rag top!!! Bad part, is losing 35 cents on the Cdn. dollar to US + Cdn. border turns what you paid in US $ back to Cdn. dollars, then sticks me with Cdn. taxes on it [ 13%] Bringing a car cross border now is "VERY" expensive !!!!!!! Pete