Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Do not buy from rocketscientis

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2020, 06:30 AM

Do not buy from this crook

Read this post do not buy from Rocketscientist he is a uneducated low life crook. POS person.

Last edited by 72cutlass408; December 1st, 2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Seller does not respond to make this right
Old November 5th, 2020, 08:59 AM

3 days isnt alot of time to go by, to call a guy a crook
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:02 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I have never bought from him but I know many folks on here have. Heck, he could be in the hospital with covid. As mentioned three days is not very long. I think your message was a little premature.
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:12 AM

Just an observation
You contacted him about payment on 10/9

You paid him 10/20 (which is probably because it took him a while to get back to you)

it's 11/5

That's not a lot of time in the whole scheme of things.
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:34 AM
O'smobile

He was voting, give him a week then send out flares.
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:17 AM
Gary

Originally Posted by 72cutlass408
Rocketscientis [is] a crook.
I've bought a few things from him. I found him to be informed, fair, and timely.

Something may be going on in his life right now to cause the gap in communication.
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:37 AM

We have never talked on the phone every time I call him he does not pick up? Ok I’ll stay patient I’m just used to communication.
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:38 AM

Rocketscientis has not shipped my grills that I paid $325 for be aware of buying anything from him. No communication now for 3 days. Does not pickup his phone. Do not buy from him. He’s a crook.
Don't listen to all the apologists and pollyannas. You are right. You have every right to expect a prompt response to your inquiries. It takes no effort at all to pick up the phone or reply to an email. Heck, you can reply to an email ON your phone. Mr. Rocketscientist is running a business, or at least he's trying to. Legitimate businesses don't treat their customers this way. If he's lying in a coma somewhere, he should have an associate or helper who can step in during his absence.
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:42 AM

I do hope his health is ok, I just feel neglected.
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:01 AM

give the guy a break, not everybody has absolutely nothing else to do or doesn't have challenges or problems to deal with . I find it immature and ridiculous that people today have no patience and think everything should happen immediately. I know John and he is certainly not a crook . I waited a lot longer time to hear from you ,I understand life has it's distractions and challenges and we should be more understanding and mature ,not less . I haven't heard from him in a little while but I am sure he will contact you
Old November 5th, 2020, 12:23 PM

Correct but between you and I, we were talking and figuring out what shipping would cost, finding a shipping tube......Nothing was committed no harm done. Was simply a quote. Jon never picked up his phone, he texted me saying too busy, bad weather, too many people visiting..... he was on this forum yesterday about 2 pm, still no response. If it’s delayed no problem, but text me, email me, call me, answer my calls let me know it will be next week or the one after...Last email was saying too busy blablabla will send you tracking # Tuesday. Payment was sent to him October 20th.
Old November 5th, 2020, 01:31 PM

Correct but between you and I, we were talking and figuring out what shipping would cost, finding a shipping tube......Nothing was committed no harm done. Was simply a quote. Jon never picked up his phone, he texted me saying too busy, bad weather, too many people visiting..... he was on this forum yesterday about 2 pm, still no response. If it’s delayed no problem, but text me, email me, call me, answer my calls let me know it will be next week or the one after...Last email was saying too busy blablabla will send you tracking # Tuesday. Payment was sent to him October 20th.
I would say you have been more than patient. If he has issues is one thing but avoiding you is uncalled for. I have been selling cars/parts for nearly 40 years and I have never avoided anybody but then again, I'm prompt with my business. With that being said,I'm sure you will get your parts or a refund. If he goes south on you,he better find another business.
Old November 6th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Doc

Patience

Originally Posted by allyolds68
Just an observation
You contacted him about payment on 10/9

You paid him 10/20 (which is probably because it took him a while to get back to you)

And I quote Carroll O'Connor from All in the Family show: "Patience is a Virgin's Island."

it's 11/5

That's not a lot of time in the whole scheme of things.
Originally Posted by MI68442W30
give the guy a break, not everybody has absolutely nothing else to do or doesn't have challenges or problems to deal with . I find it immature and ridiculous that people today have no patience and think everything should happen immediately. I know John and he is certainly not a crook . I waited a lot longer time to hear from you ,I understand life has it's distractions and challenges and we should be more understanding and mature ,not less . I haven't heard from him in a little while but I am sure he will contact you

Last edited by DocOldsW30; November 6th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old November 6th, 2020, 01:45 PM

Wrong Doc, a good seller takes care of business!
Old November 6th, 2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mrolds69
Wrong Doc, a good seller takes care of business!
I've personally never had a problem with items I've shipped but I also know that when you have a full time job and sell a lot of parts it can take well over a week to get something shipped. I've easily waited over two weeks after paying to get a part. I just bought a steering wheel that the guy told me shipped on Tuesday that the Post Office didn't enter into the system until Thursday, didn't get to the regional distribution center until Monday, and I didn't received it until Saturday. The part traveled 190 miles form Albany, NY to Seneca Falls, NY. The USPS service is pathetic right now.
Old November 6th, 2020, 03:02 PM
72 Olds CS

Mike im not sure thats the case.

In my experience a shipper can enter the info, and it shows up but nothing more could happen for days until its actually in USPS hands then its updated to reflect that. Sometimes it may not get updated between facilities, but in my experience once USPS has it its shows their acceptance of the package and arrival at a facility and out for delivery

at any rate this is the second time in a week a buyer has posted his (negative) experience w a seller and been disparaged for it.

I buy and sell lots of stuff, if i cant ship til saturday or next tuesday I just say that. If i dont get a package when i expect it I wait a day or two and reach out to the seller.

I dont expect everything here ina couple days but i do expect communication from the seller if needed.
Old November 6th, 2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Mike im not sure thats the case.

In my experience a shipper can enter the info, and it shows up but nothing more could happen for days until its actually in USPS hands then its updated to reflect that. Sometimes it may not get updated between facilities, but in my experience once USPS has it its shows their acceptance of the package and arrival at a facility and out for delivery
normally I’d agree but the seller reached out to me on the first Saturday to see if I received the part and I told him he didn’t even ship it until Thursday. He assured me it was picked up Tuesday and I believe him because he had no reason to reach out to me because I told him I wasn’t in any rush. The original date I was supposed to receive it was that first Saturday

I agree with the OP that communication is terrible here. Id bet that he’ll get the part though. The seller has sold a lot on CO and never received negative feedback.
Old November 6th, 2020, 04:22 PM

He writes me 2 paragraphs about how he’s busy and can’t get me the tracking #, I still don’t have one. It would of been a lot easier just to type a tracking #. If he didn’t send it out yet, I’m ok with that just communicate with me.
Old November 6th, 2020, 04:24 PM

I’m over it
Old November 6th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Running On Empty

Something is certainly out-of-sorts. He posted today: Last edited by rocketscientis; Today at 05:25 PM.
Old November 6th, 2020, 05:37 PM

He’s not a crook, just not 100% on the ball. I bought a rebuilt ‘70 water pump from him in late June and indicated I needed it ASAP. After paying via Walmart online at his request, it still hadn’t shipped a week later. I bought another one from Patton Glade here (was now out $700 instead of just $350). Told him twice I didn’t need his anymore since the project was done, hoping I’d be offered a refund. The pump shows up a month after I ordered it and he said he was waiting for a high quality component for it. I still have the extra water pump I don’t need now. It will sell eventually, but c’mon. When I bought it from his ad, I assumed it was ready to go. Nice quality rebuild though.
Old November 6th, 2020, 05:56 PM

I purchased several items from rocketscientis and nothing about my dealing with him would lead me to believe he is anything but on the up and up. Everyone understandably gets anxious when when money is passed and communication dwindles. I agree it does not take long to provide a quick response to acknowledge you received a message, payment or whatever, but you never know what someone has going on. I'd cut him some slack.
Old November 6th, 2020, 06:57 PM
MOTORHEAD

Bang to rights

Relax

Originally Posted by geardoc66
I purchased several items from rocketscientis and nothing about my dealing with him would lead me to believe he is anything but on the up and up. Everyone understandably gets anxious when when money is passed and communication dwindles. I agree it does not take long to provide a quick response to acknowledge you received a message, payment or whatever, but you never know what someone has going on. I'd cut him some slack.
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:49 AM

**** happens. And it's going to. It's how the **** is handled when it happens is what makes the difference. Most people are understanding if you just explain wtf is going on. This is nothing personal at all. I don't know him. Doesn't matter. It's the business side of things that's starting to smell here, IMO.

Maybe he's giving lessons on how NOT to run a business, if that's his attempt. Y'all can make excuses for him all day long, but that isn't what matters. It's how HE handles the transaction. Sellers keeping money and ghosting out is one of my pet peeves in business, so it's not a bad thing to expose potential issues. I probably wouldn't have written a review until the transaction has run its course for a while to see what eventually happened, but its what we got to work with.

Maybe this can all get worked out and perhaps there's a good reason for everything. Time will tell. Ah, what's another 3 days or more of someone keeping your money and not doing squat, right?
Old November 7th, 2020, 06:57 AM

I thought this guy was actually a Nigerian scammer- multiple mis-spellings, strange rants that go on and on, and overpriced parts for the numbers matching crowd on here. I mean he could screw up a 4 word sentence by mis-spelling all 4 words!
Old November 7th, 2020, 07:23 AM

I don't know him personally, but I do know he works hard trying to source OE parts for others. It can take up a lot of time finding these parts. He has contacted me often for specific part numbers, for availability and what would be correct for specific year and models. If the prices seem high you don't have to buy, but there is more to it than just the part. As far as his spelling inadequacy his user name should have been the first clue.
Old November 7th, 2020, 05:05 PM

i personally know jon,he is busier than a one armed paper hanger. this doesnt mean he shouldnt communicate. he and his( brother rip chris witt) have an over abundance of parts,scattered in different locations, and after chris passed,this had to be sorted out between him and chris' estate. he isnt a crook,not very fast, but not a crook. i may be able to stop at his place and see whats up this week. rob
Old November 7th, 2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Don't listen to all the apologists and pollyannas. You are right. You have every right to expect a prompt response to your inquiries. It takes no effort at all to pick up the phone or reply to an email. Heck, you can reply to an email ON your phone. Mr. Rocketscientist is running a business, or at least he's trying to. Legitimate businesses don't treat their customers this way. If he's lying in a coma somewhere, he should have an associate or helper who can step in during his absence.
Note to self: Do not sell anything to Jaunty.. 😄. I sell things recreationally on this site and try to provide the communication and respect that I’d like to receive when spending my money. I do believe that this post was premature though and possibly unwarranted.
Old November 8th, 2020, 08:40 AM

Rocketscientis has not shipped my grills that I paid $325 for be aware of buying anything from him. No communication now for 3 days. Does not pickup his phone. Do not buy from him. He’s a crook.
were you the one that paid him with a non-USPS money order?
Old November 8th, 2020, 08:51 AM

I do not like when people have issues and just trash others on here or any other social media. Things happen to everyone. Sometimes it is good to just not respond. I sell parts often. Some people are very hard to sell to. Some think their part should arrive in a day or two from across the country. Like magic I guess. Sometimes it takes a few days to pull a part, package and then drive the round trip to ship it. Then the shipping company IE: fedex, USPS, UPS and others, have delays and even lose things. This is all part of buying parts. Not the best but it is what it is. Regardless of why, communicate with them. Not trash them here. Some are dishonest and some are people who take advantage of bad situations, but for the most part most are great to deal with. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. Sometimes shipping is way more than the estimate too, compensate who you are buying it from. It is going to you.

Just don't be an A$$ deal with the customer not a social media trashing is my advise.

Just my 2 cents.
Larry
Old November 8th, 2020, 06:40 PM

I have bought from John in the past and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. The best way I have found to contact him is by a Text.
Old November 9th, 2020, 06:38 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I noticed on another thread he has posted on here today but has not responded to this thread. Justified or not he is getting some really bad press on here and should respond to it if he wants to keep selling on here. At this point I would be very hesitant to buy from him.
Old November 9th, 2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
I noticed on another thread he has posted on here today but has not responded to this thread. Justified or not he is getting some really bad press on here and should respond to it if he wants to keep selling on here. At this point I would be very hesitant to buy from him.
Originally Posted by rocketscientis
NOT saying anyone's indata is incorrect but certainly want everyones opinion as selling / shipping wrong parts is NOT what were all about here
Two people have exptessed extreme intrest in a #2 & a #3 & until I get caught up on shipping , all other orders will only be accepted with understanding of me being 2 weeks out on shipping or 10 if you think interfereing expidites your order..*.Wil wait n see *
This was posted in response to another unrelated thread.....but I'm guessing it is related....

There's more to this story and if Jon is anything like his brother the more you give him **** the less likely you'll see your part before xmas
Old November 9th, 2020, 09:42 AM
72 Olds CS

>>>>if Jon is anything like his brother the more you give him **** the less likely you'll see your part before xmas

What doesnt appear to be in dispute is the guy paid and has no product

if taking peoples money and not sending product in a timely fashion is a business model, i predict more free time in his future
Old November 9th, 2020, 10:12 AM

"There's more to this story and if Jon is anything like his brother the more you give him **** the less likely you'll see your part before xmas"

Mike, say what you like, but this is right out of the Biker Fox playbook. Page 1, paragraph 1, "If you complain, I will punish you." Are you his agent? Let the guy speak for himself. Would you guys like to hear about my experience with him on a part he wanted to buy from me? Would you? It's a lot like the Turbo 400 lever thread with servexcell. I'll tell you what, if he doesn't respond soon, I'll tell you guys about my experience, how's that? I call them like I see them, I'm too old to "pussyfoot" around!!!

Last edited by mrolds69; November 9th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old November 9th, 2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 59-59-59
I thought this guy was actually a Nigerian scammer- multiple mis-spellings, strange rants that go on and on, and overpriced parts for the numbers matching crowd on here. I mean he could screw up a 4 word sentence by mis-spelling all 4 words!
It is an educational experience to decipher his postings and then to discover what he actually said made sense.
Old November 9th, 2020, 04:52 PM

file a dispute with PayPal End of story.
Old November 10th, 2020, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
It is an educational experience to decipher his postings and then to discover what he actually said made sense.
He seems to be quite a character. I would love to meet him sometime, but only in the fresh air..
Old November 10th, 2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mrolds69
"There's more to this story and if Jon is anything like his brother the more you give him **** the less likely you'll see your part before xmas"

Mike, say what you like, but this is right out of the Biker Fox playbook. Page 1, paragraph 1, "If you complain, I will punish you." Are you his agent? Let the guy speak for himself. Would you guys like to hear about my experience with him on a part he wanted to buy from me? Would you? It's a lot like the Turbo 400 lever thread with servexcell. I'll tell you what, if he doesn't respond soon, I'll tell you guys about my experience, how's that? I call them like I see them, I'm too old to "pussyfoot" around!!!
you tell 'em frankie,us old bastids dont have time to mess around
Old November 10th, 2020, 05:17 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by jcdynamic88
you tell 'em frankie,us old bastids dont have time to mess around
I was driving my grand daughter somewhere and she said "Pap, why do you drive so fast?" I told her it is because I am old. She had that puzzled look on her face and said What? So I told her I don't have much time left here on earth so I have to drive fast and then I told her you youngsters should drive slow so you can get old and drive fast. About 30 seconds later some old woman comes flying past me and the granddaughter says She must be a lot older than you Pap.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from rocketscientis