Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Hosed by an OCA Official

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2020, 04:30 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Hosed by an OCA Official

In the course of getting my factory AC running, I have been corresponding with an OCA official. Following thread guidelines, he shall be known as Putterhead.

In pressurizing the system, I found a leaking hot gas by pass valve and a leaking sight glass. Putterhead said he had both those items (he also advertised in Journey with Olds), and I bought them for $300. The sight glass worked out fine, but his hot gas valve leaked worse than the original one I had in the car. When I told Putterhead about it, he told me "looks like you'll have to get it rebuilt". I replied that I already had one that leaked, so I'll get that one rebuilt and I'll send yours back to you.

That's when the fun started. First I got: "Parts are sold as is". I replied that you knew I had one that leaked and you sold me another one that leaked. What kind of help is that? Then I got "I don't remember selling you any parts". So I sent Putterhead all the emails of all our correspondence and the cancelled check. That was the last I heard from Putterhead and he has stopped advertising in Journey with Olds.

I wrote to OCA and got no reply. Apparently they have no problem taking ads from Putterhead and Mondello and Inlinetube, but the members get no support.

Last edited by ignachuck; April 5th, 2020 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Added info
Old April 5th, 2020, 04:56 AM
Frank Ignachuck

I should add that I ended up finding someone to rebuild my original leaking hot gas valve- Classic Auto Air in Tampa- for $200.99. They did an outstanding job. But if Putterhead had given me that advise in the first place instead of selling me a leaking one........
Old April 5th, 2020, 11:04 AM

OCA doesnt care who advertises, as long as they get paid.
Old April 5th, 2020, 11:29 AM

You should name the person. Also try to pay in paypal or credit card so you can reverse charges. If you have to pay in check form, then you have his address to sign him up for gay **** mags.
Old April 5th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Lansing built

Of course you have the standard disclaimer that everyone has! But I also see that repeat offenders for misrepresentation or not following the guidelines will lose their ad posting privilege. I would contact your zone rep by phone. I have had this work for me a few times, but I know my zone rep and consider him a friend.

Pat