!968 rear quarters help

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM

!968 rear quarters help

HI guys ,
Does anyone know if there is any difference in the taiwan panels out there for sale or are they all the same? I have been getting jerked around by tabco for six months now! I have my car all stripped down and ready to put the panels in and wanted to put the best possible, hence tabco. But they keep telling stories when they will have them. I want to put them on once and be done. Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I used the taiwan panels. No issues at all they are a bit thinner but not enough to worry about. It won't be like afternarket honda fenders lol. The only american replacement I bought for my 72 was a floor pan and it was stamped crooked on the sheet metal it made for an intresting repair. Everything else was taiwan stuff. I had no issues.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM

Truck I also have the year one quarters for my 69, they are taiwan too, I put them up on the car and they "look" real good except for the edges at the door, (a little round), they are suppose to be the same ones as goodmark, parts place etc it's a shame about the tabco's I have not seen them but will always try to go 'merican when I can, but I also bought the taiwan 442 rear bumper and I am very impressed with the quality, I do not have a 69 w-30 1 of 2 car or anything so for my vertible it will be fine... just my 2 cents or 3 yuan LOL...

Last edited by Eddie Hansen; August 13th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM

rocker panels...

I also have a pair of year one rocker panels if you need them will let them go cheap, I am told they are the same as the goodmarks and brothers etc etc etc ..
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM

1968 rear quarter help

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
I also have a pair of year one rocker panels if you need them will let them go cheap, I am told they are the same as the goodmarks and brothers etc etc etc ..
Thanks eddie for the info. My rocker are okay but i'm sure someone will need them. I also buy american when i can. Do you remember how much your quarters were? Thanks Jim
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM

forum Member...

Originally Posted by truck5513
Thanks eddie for the info. My rocker are okay but i'm sure someone will need them. I also buy american when i can. Do you remember how much your quarters were? Thanks Jim
truck, gt mine from a forum Member who decided he didn't want to tackle the job on his ride, they were from Year One, I think I paid like 400 dollars for the set, plus I drove 6 hours round trip to pick them up.. I believe all the companies except tabco come from the same place, we are not so popular to have multiple vendors so get the ones closest and cheapest to you, if you can find a goodmark dealer near you you'd save a ton on shipping

they are even on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-Cutlas...sories&vxp=mtr