Olds motor potential

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Yeah, I saw that...too funny!

I shouldn't have insulted him as the mods say but he really ticked me off when he spit on my apology. I shouldn't have even apologized after his pm downing military guys. I don't think I am normally a jerk on this site, but after that I just had to say something.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM

I don't blame you one bit Steve. I also agree with the general concensus that he was a jerk and a half.
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Feel the love, feel the love lol!
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

This reminds me of the one thread where the guy kept saying how many guys he fought and this and that. And it ended up being turned into a joke about poutine "some canadian food" . We tend to be allergic to bs. I'm not perfect but I atleast admit when I'm wrong.
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM

So can I give my 10 infraction points back since 1965Cutlassragtop deleted all his posts and left the site?

Or did it cost me 10 infraction points to get him to leave?
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

it might be like a tattoo. once it's there it's there., but if you want it off its gonna cost ya and hurt alot.
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Nope, Admins can fix anything in the V bulletin in Admin Control Panel. Maybe he needs his lawn mowed, or his Olds needs an oil change. Might be worth checking into.

I hate to see anyone get their little girl panties in a was and run off with their tail between their legs. Everyone's opinion is valuable whether or not it's popular. I'd have like to have seen him promote that old guy to the forum. He probably had some good info even though some disagree about Eddy heads vs OEM. I guess that's another topic that will always start a fight like where to hook up Vacuum Advance always does. Sometimes I just sign up on a forum, play stupid and ask that question just to watch the drama when I get bored.
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Just reading this post has anybody ever considered the Keith Black aluminum Olds motor ?
I know it uses Chevy internals but they can machine the BBO bolt pattern into the block
so you could end up with a 600 cu in Olds head motor that would give you more than enough power to destroy transmissions,rear ends ,tires ,small animals,bank accounts!,etc...ttp://www.keithblack.com/racing_generalmotors.html
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 61reoldsman
Just reading this post has anybody ever considered the Keith Black aluminum Olds motor ?
I know it uses Chevy internals but they can machine the BBO bolt pattern into the block
so you could end up with a 600 cu in Olds head motor that would give you more than enough power to destroy transmissions,rear ends ,tires ,small animals,bank accounts!,etc...ttp://www.keithblack.com/racing_generalmotors.html
I think that would be a whole different topic altogether. That's not an Olds engine. It's an aftermarket inbred. And who the hell would want to run a Torqueflight transmisison??? I'd have to save myself a bunch of money and stick to my junkyard and CL finds BBO 455's.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:26 AM

That motor can run a GM tranny ,I was just stating that if a guy was looking for a monster
motor with insane power and you have the money this is available ,that engine is no different then what Warren Johnson ran back in the day when he raced a factory sponsored Oldsmobile in NHRA,his motor was based on Chevy BB internals.Just a thought.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM

IIRC those aftermarket (Keith Black, Aries) aluminum blocks were for racing. Funny cars/piperacks in the alcohol classes. Most didn't have coolant passages in them. Lotsa $$$$$ in one of those monsters........go for it!
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by 61reoldsman
That motor can run a GM tranny ,I was just stating that if a guy was looking for a monster
motor with insane power and you have the money this is available ,that engine is no different then what Warren Johnson ran back in the day when he raced a factory sponsored Oldsmobile in NHRA,his motor was based on Chevy BB internals.Just a thought.
Yes, I'm aware it can run a GM tranny. I just seen one of the highlights it can run a Dodge trans I just wondered who in their right mind would? BPO or Chevy pattern would be the way to go for a dual pattern.