394 engine parts,WTB E-Bay?

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Phantom Phixer

394 engine parts,WTB E-Bay?

I'm going to be rebuilding a 1963 394 Starfire motor, stock build.
I looked at NAPA and Rock Auto and their offerings are sparse. Mostly gaskets, rings and frost plugs.
Kanter offers kits , but after buying one of their front suspension kits a few years ago I'm not impressed.

And that leaves E-Bay, there are three vendors offering engine re-build kits.

Falcon Global; they seem to offer off brand stuff I've never heard of (Best gaskets, Mahle rings, etc)

Chupacabra Motor; I see mostly name brands that I'm familiar with in their pictures ( Hastings rings, Fel-Pro gaskets, Melling oil pumps, etc.)

Old Parts Source; Their pictures show the parts all laid out and out of the boxes . So I don't know what brand they might be.

What I really want to know is, what is your actual experience with buying engine re-build parts from these sources ? Or have you found any better sources?
Old January 18th, 2015, 06:28 AM

For the 4 or 5 394's I have done, I learned to buy everything you can from Rock Auto, and seperate things from various vendors. At the time Egge was the best in piston selection (and price). I don't know why, but a custom ground camshaft was cheaper than buying a new one. Various private Ebay sellers were in the mix too. Falcoln was a good one to buy from. It just depends if you want to get everything in one big box, or spend the time and wait for every item to be shipped in. And to be blunt about it, Kanter and Fusick are raping you with their engine parts prices. Come on!! $120 for a water pump??