Tires rubbing on SS brake lines. Help!

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Tires rubbing on SS brake lines. Help!

So I just put on an aerospace components disc brake kit on the front of my 70 442. The stainless steel brake line is rubbing on my tires and I can't get the loop right coming off of the caliper or any position right to keep it from rubbing. The only solution that I can come up with is a spring and zip ties to keep the lined pulled as close to the frame as possible.

Just wondering if anyone has installed similar stainless steel brake lines and figured out the best solution?
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by crjeeper
So I just put on an aerospace components disc brake kit on the front of my 70 442. The stainless steel brake line is rubbing on my tires and I can't get the loop right coming off of the caliper or any position right to keep it from rubbing. The only solution that I can come up with is a spring and zip ties to keep the lined pulled as close to the frame as possible.

Just wondering if anyone has installed similar stainless steel brake lines and figured out the best solution?
We need pictures!!
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Administrator

x2 on pics!!
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
car guy

X3 on pics but you may have to get a shorter or longer line. You might even need to move the hard line bracket
Old April 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM

So photobucket has been down so I haven't been able to upload any pics. Although, I worked on it more and solved it. The problem I found is I had it up in the air on my hoist and then when I put it on the ground and put the right twist to the line it wouldn't rub. I'm gonna keep a close eye on it but I think we are good. Thanks for the help and interest in helping and if it becomes an issue again I'll put some pics up.
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
this is not my car lol

if you've ever removed the hard line brackets from the frame- you might have installed them backwards or on the wrong side.

i know because it happened to me!