Brothers Auto Parts, a good supplier...?

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by #1CutlassSupreme
I'm doing a frame off on my Cutlass and Here's a list of the vendors I've used. The beauty of the internet is that you can take advantage of price competition among a variety of different sellers.

Below is a list of some the vendors I've used:

Fusick
The Parts Place Inc.
OPGI
The Paddock
Year One
Summit Racing
Jegs
(and of course Ebay)
Schucks

Beware of $2.00 items with $5.00 shipping costs. Unfortunately, some mail based vendors build their mark ups into their shipping. Too bad "Honest Joe" passed away a long time ago.

As for being sued for giving a review on a vendor...that's bunk. If you were charged a high price or received bad service from an agent of the company, then you have a right as a consumer and citizen to speak your mind (1st Amendment). Demfamation is when you tell people a lie about someone to defame their character, but giving a review of your experience is a matter of fact. If they shipped late, were rude on the phone, didn't follow through, or were 200% higher priced than why can't I share that info? It's not our my fault they're losing business, it's theirs. Right?

...I'm probably wrong.
Brothers sucks and I am proof. They took my money and didnt have the parts they sold me. They stroked me for a month and STILL didnt send me my parts. I asked for a refund and then they wouldt reply to my emails or even return messages. Guys, this was over 500.00! Not a 25.00 part. I ended up having to go at them through paypal and they did refund me my $$ but not the classy honest way. They simply didnt even reply to PayPals inquiries so paypals hands were forced to pay.

They are rude, dishonest and I would gladly point anyone to the bad feedback and to the paypal info upon request! I wouldn't buy a damn bolt from those sheisters! Its called references and they earned my bad reference. Ill take that to any court in the land!

Cheers!
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Of them all

Fusick is IMHO the best. I am in Atlanta near Year One and have ordered from most of the dealers over the years. I just like Fusick.

When I call them early in the a.m and ask, " Can I be the FIRST stupid question of the day?" They always laugh and say, "Sorry, you're too late."

I had a rather distasteful experience with Brothers a few years back and was not happy with their solution [or lack there of] to the problem they created.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thumbs down Brothers Automotive Parts (BAP) ?? No brother of mine.

WOW, I never knew there were so many of you that have been royally done over by BAP.

I tried them out 2 years ago. Bought a fan shroud for my 72 Cutlass. (89.00). They said shipping would be $33.00 via UPS because it was oversize and it would be out the next day. RRRiiiigghht. Got it over a month later wrapped in a Scotties crap wrap box. That really impressed me about how professional their image was. Oh yeah, it came USPS Parcel economy for 17.55

So I called Mike (BAP). He apologized and followed up with a call back (the only ++ thing I can say about BAP. His version: Shipping dropped the ball, it was handled wrong. Nope, they can't refund any money, but offered an in store credit for the difference in shipping. Well, ok it's my first time ordering . Sounded not bad.

About 2 months go by, I figured let's use that store credit and ordered a Stone shield. They were polite on the phone, couldn't find my in store credit but would look into it and get back to me. Again, rrrriiiggghhhht. Meanwhile I got charged ANOTHER $33.00 UPS guaranteed delivery for an "oversize" part. Once bitten, twice shy, but they wouldn't dis a customer twice right?

Wrong. Exactly the same thing happened. Even got another Scotties crap wrap box that was coming apart. (made me wonder what goes on in their office) So I called Mike. He's gone on holidays. I POLITELY explained the problem. They give me Mikes email and tell me to write it out. So I offered what I think was a reasonable solution. Now that I've been charged 66 bucks for shipping that only cost 35, I figured use the 31 bucks to buy some smaller parts that don't need "oversize" shipping. So I sent an email asking them to apply both differences as an instore credit and listed the parts I wanted. And of course, PLEASE use USPS shipping to keep cost down. Holy Hanna!!! You would think I'd just walked into their office and pointed a gun at them. They accused me of extortionism!!! WTH??? According to them they've bent over backwards to help solve my issue. ??? Huh ???? Not even close. I think that I'm entitled to some value for the money I paid and never to value for.

Now, my phone number is blocked and they don't return emails.

Who needs this crap? BAP? I'd rather kiss the south end of a north bound horse before I recommend them to anyone. I was definitely feeling like the statue next to a flock of pigeons.

BTW for anyone who is curious about Tamraz, my experience is they are just as good for service, pricing and shipping as Fusicks and Parts Place.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Allan R
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Allan, Sorry to hear you were had twice...

Glad you posted your experience so this thread stays updated.
I get lots of people asking about parts suppliers and I tell them to search this site.
I added my comments on bap earlier and I still stand by them. I still have not gotten my $4 part they did not send to me...

I will also add a positive experience about Fusick...
They had forgot to ship me a set of washer nozzles one time. I tore through all packing and they were indeed missing. When I called, I was almost expecting them to not believe me like bap did. WRONG! I had the nozzles in 3 days with an apoligy note. Mistakes happen and GOOD companies will do the customer right.
I highly recommend Fusick, and also the Parts Place (though their friendliness could be upped a bit) and OPG.

I have not used anyone else, but there are other good places listed in this post.
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH BAP AGAIN

Last edited by 66 Olznut; February 14th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old July 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Brothers

Wow, I was going to buy some clutches they had for 8.5 rears cause they were priced lower than anyone elses...Lucky I could not get a hold of anyone to get an order in...

Thank GOD for that one. I have them marked now. Geez. Jim
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Exclamation

I have been buying parts for over 25 years for Olds. Here is my experience:

Best in Class: Fusicks for original parts, Summit for aftermarket

Honorable Mention: Parts Place, Paddock, Jegs for aftermarket

Mediocre: Year One

Wall of Shame: OPGI, BAP

The customer service at Fusicks is great. Fast shipping, and if something goes wrong, they make it right. The same with Summit.

The Parts Place is the leader in bringing repro parts to market. They always have lots of new stuff coming out.

Year One has lots of stock outs and a poor web site.

OPGI has great catalogs, but slow shipping, lots of stock outs, and customer service that is really bad.

BAP can be really good, or horribly bad. It is a crap shoot on how they will respond.
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Great list.

Ever gotten stuck with 2 W exhaust manifold when someone else has 2 W. One company, I won't mention [NOT FUSICK} waited to get the other ones back they screw up on before sending me the correct ones. Now that's what I can Customer No Service.

Remember when you're on the phone with Year one you may be speaking with a Cheby guy. Not so with Fusicks.
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:02 AM

I have ordered a few times from Tamraz and had good luck, and decent arrival times. Exceedingly competitive prices and good customer service. Looked into BAP and went Tamraz
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
is Fast Enough ...

opg likes to sling generic a body crap like the package tray they sent me ...

vinyl instead of crosshatch
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Thread regarding Fusick

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ce-fusick.html

Just my opinion but I would spend extra money for a Mr Gasket/Robertshaw thermostat vs Stant. Much higher quality piece w/higher price tag. I have had my share of inconsistent Stants. Available @ most of the auto part chain stores in the "performance" section - get one for GM application, usually 180*(they make 160* & I think 195* also)
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Registered Luser

I have to agree on Fusick...we ordered a bunch of stuff recently and it was an actual pleasure to "spend money". Painless transaction all the way around and very fast shipping. Yes, OPGI is pretty generic, but not bad. Stopped dealing with Year One because of website. Never dealt with BAP and now, never will. Summit and Jegs have always been good. As far as used parts, I've dealt with DVAP in the past and were impressed, now am just plain fed up with them. Don't answer e-mails, make promises on the phone they never keep, and just a total lack of communication. Have been holding a large sum of my money now for a month and still don't know if I'm getting what they say! I believe they have forgotten where they came from.
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM

I am lucky enough to live 30 minutes from Fusicks. They are top notch. I have done business with all the others previously mentioned in this thread and Fusicks rank above all others in my book.
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Year One....when you care enough to send the very BEST!!

I spent so much money in 1999 at Year One they sent me a xmas card, and offered me another 10% off anything I ordered.....now thats customer service!...I was touched.....sniff....sniff....anyone got a tissue....stop teasing teto!! But I did like all the stuff I got, but I was at the counter checking every part to make sure they were up to snuff. Year One has a very handy tech line that I have used numerous times. They're warehouse is a couple hours from here.
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

I ain't ever had a problem with OPG, but with their warehouse being a short drive away, I can make sure it's right and without paying shipping...........
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:21 PM
GM Enthusiast

I have bought a lot of my restoration parts from Brothers and never had a problem. At least 8 different orders from them without any issues. Also have bought many parts off of ebay without issues as well. I guess I have been lucky so far.
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Very useful thread. I had not heard of Fusick's and will now check them out. I have not used BAP, generally have had good luck w/ Year One, though not cheap. Got my OAI set up from the Partstrain, pretty decent.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Best in Class: Rockauto.com
RA.com has good prices on MOOG steering components, and shipping was very fair priced. They even gave me a ball joint. I was going to return it. They said keep it, and refunded my money to the CC.

My442 is spot on his list.
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hamm36
Best in Class: Rockauto.com
Second on RA... If you can get it at local auto parts stores, RA can get it (and more) for way less, including shipping. Use them for your newer daily drivers\ parts, too! All too often you can find genuine Delco or Motorcraft parts at the same price or less as the local guys' cheap brands.
Returns are hassle free and they DO credit your card without having to remind them...
RA carries things you would not even expect, too...
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM

body panel suppliers

Looking for a rear deck lid plenum. or the actual package tray(metal).
currently replacing rear deck lid and found this needs to be replaced.

I have tried AMD, Goodmark, USA, Classic Cutlass, I cannot find Columbia site. If you know of any other New fab sites befor I go used, let me know.

THANKS
BLUEOLDSVETTE
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by drshortt
Looking for a rear deck lid plenum. or the actual package tray(metal).
currently replacing rear deck lid and found this needs to be replaced.

I have tried AMD, Goodmark, USA, Classic Cutlass, I cannot find Columbia site. If you know of any other New fab sites befor I go used, let me know.

THANKS
BLUEOLDSVETTE
Not a reproduced part. You'll need a donor car to cut it out of. The problem with a lot of donor cars though is the bottom R/L corners of the rear window were known water leaks and rust out zones. I'd suggest that instead of tagging this onto an old thread, you post what you want in "Parts Wanted" section with an appropriate title.
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM

thanks,
still learning how to navigate this site

found a donor car in Florence Alabama
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by drshortt
thanks, still learning how to navigate this site found a donor car in Florence Alabama
Good to hear. If the donor also has good front cowl - inner frame, you might want to grab that too. There was a lot of interest from guys looking for that area on their resto-s last year.

BTW, Sorry for not noticing earlier. You're new to C.O. Welcome aboard! Hope your project turns out great. Post some pics when you get the chance.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:45 PM
70' W-30 Convertible

I bought from BAP once in 2007, never since and never again!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM

BAP = BAD. True story: I had to send in a retired police officer to inquire as to my order and they flipped out and actually tried to physically throw him out! He called the police and filled out a police report... but I finally received my refund!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by sam barrett
try legendary auto interiors and the parts place.

x2!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM

Fusick's is the place to shop. 'Nuff said.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Mr442
BAP = BAD. True story: I had to send in a retired police officer to inquire as to my order and they flipped out and actually tried to physically throw him out! He called the police and filled out a police report... but I finally received my refund!
You're lucky! You at least got a refund. With me they insisted that I had to take an in store credit. When I said no, they accused me of being an extortionist after they had 'bent over backwards' (HAH!) to help me? In my book their logo should be on the list of Americas Most Wanted.

How come you sent someone else to inquire instead of going yourself?
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM

1970 442 parts

Can anyone direct me in the direction where I can purchase a set of
1970 GM front grills? I've heard of these after market grills not fitting, In fact the grills that were on my 70 442 prior to restoration were after market with a lousy fit.

Thanks
Joe 732-330-0141
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Just about everything that is aftermarket will have some fitment issues. For the $$? The grills will be the same pieces no matter whether you get them from OPGI, Parts Place, Year One, Supercars Unlimited....The best pricing and service seems to be from Fusick Automotive - hands down. From Fusick's catalogue: G7084/5 1970 442 Grilles 279.00 pair

BTW, when you are looking for advice on these items it's a good idea to start a new thread instead of tagging onto the end of one like this. Most guys won't look at it based on the number of bad comments we've experienced with BAP.
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:41 AM

got it
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Arrrggggg

Maybe I am the odity but I've personally never had a problem with BAP. I ordered from them several times in 08, 09 when I was building my 69. I spent over 2500.00 with them according to my paypal receipts. Lately, I have spent over 600 just recently for stuff for the 71. All came extremely fast, on time or sooner and fit was about as good as any of the others I've tried. Maybe it's just certain things I have ordered, not sure. I honestly can't say I've had a single issue with them or any other known vender. Only issues I have had with this Cutlass build is with personal sellers off ebay.