Gauges

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Gauges

Posted this on another site as well but this site seems to get a little more traffic.

With the weather changing I decided it was time to do a little maintenance on my '66 Toro. I want to replace all of the vacuum lines, clean up the heater controls for proper operation, (only the defrost button stays in at the moment but the vacuum line to the heater box is toast so I get nothing) make all my guages work, and possibly try to breath some life into my Wonderbar radio.

While I was taking the connectors off the dash, a few of the pins came with the connector (maybe that is why the gauges were not working?) Any suggestions? Is there some outfit that sells some sort of new crimp on pins or something? I thought about putting a very fine screw or something in there but I'm not sure that will work with the connector.

I took the heater controls apart and after some tapping and banging the vacuum valve moves properly allowing all of the buttons to work as they should….hopefully the valve works without leaking!

Anyone have any tips on how to clean up the Wonderbar? I don't have the money to pay someone hundreds of dollars right now for a proper rebuild. It works right now (at least the front speaker) but it won't stay tuned very well. Whenever I try to use the wonderbar it really sounds like crap or the sound completely goes away.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Administrator

The Wonderbar radio may just need a good tuner cleaning and lube. Electronic spray tuner cleaner and an acid brush with the bristles cut down works great. Make sure the radio and the antenna is grounded well. Also in sure your speakers are not torn or dried out.

The electrical pins can be soldered back on make sure the locking pins are set right.