Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

"O" "588" posi with 3.42

Old June 1st, 2009, 08:46 AM

"O" "588" posi with 3.42

Just pulled this housing, 12 bolt "O" type from a 71 Buick GS...not sure how it got under there?

Housing casting #402227
Carrier casting #588

41-12 ring and pinion (3.42)

Looks good, no chipped gears, only slight pitting on a few teeth from sitting. Will sell complete or carrier and gears only, you decide, $350 + shipping. Probably not going to be cheap to ship whole unit.
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM
Trying to remember member

Where are you?
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM

Sorry about that...in Goodlettsville, 16 miles north west of Nashville TN.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM

would that be for the axle in the 70 delta's im not sure but if it is i will be interested in it would go great with the 468 cu incher i just picked up
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:13 AM

I don't know, but I suspect someone here does.

Monzaz...you there?
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM

This is for an a body and is a 10( 12 bolt outer) o style rear end?

by any chance does it have boxed control arms with it?

it's a 13 hour drive from jersey but it might be worth it...
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Yes...it is an "o" 12 bolt...12 bolt cover, and 10 bolt ring gear. Yes it did come out from under a GM A-body

Yes it does have the F41 HD suspension package, ie sway bar, boxed control arms and braces.

My plans were to clean, sand blast, and prime the F41 package (it's all kinda crusty looking)...then maybe offer it for sale.
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

HOw much do you want for just the braces and boxed control arms - no cleanup or reconditioning?
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM

i would love to buy the whole thing! i can drive down in the morning if you will be there. we have an 8.5 10 bolt with 4:10 gears and would love replace it with this one! i will send a PM.
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM

just noticed allan wanted the suspension parts. i don't want to step on toes. i am willing to just take the rear end.
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM

I like the idea of not shipping it. Someone could see it before they pay and save a bunch of money. Last time I shipped something this heavy on a pallet it cost better than $200...which is a little ridiculous.

I can ship the control arms and braces easily, just haven't decided on that yet.
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Mr. ejhansen was first to express interest in both the rear and suspension, but he's 13hrs away. I had not cosidered selling both before. So should we give him the option first? If he wants to pass then the rear can go to jensenracing77, and the suspension to Allen. Does that make sense or am I missing something?

Try to make everyone happy? Glen
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
HOw much do you want for just the braces and boxed control arms - no cleanup or reconditioning?
Don't really want to sell them without cleaning, inspecting, and painting, but if you would rather buy as is, I guess I could sell them.

$100+shipping, say $15 or $20...
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Mr. Big first Thanks for being a righteous dude, why not make the other two guys happy, I would have been buying all the stuff as spares and a gear change and my car is a ways from being on the road. if the deal falls through with these guys let me know

besides Jensen is my mothers maiden name and the anniversary of her passing is in a couple of days so it is like karma ....

my home email is ejhansen@comcast.net

speed on bruthas!!
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
i would love to buy the whole thing! i can drive down in the morning if you will be there. we have an 8.5 10 bolt with 4:10 gears and would love replace it with this one! i will send a PM.
just noticed allan wanted the suspension parts. i don't want to step on toes. i am willing to just take the rear end.
Originally Posted by Mr Big
I like the idea of not shipping it. Someone could see it before they pay and save a bunch of money. Last time I shipped something this heavy on a pallet it cost better than $200...which is a little ridiculous.

I can ship the control arms and braces easily, just haven't decided on that yet.
I fully understand if you want to sell to Jensen racing. The price you gave for the suspension parts is really good. I'd really like to get them, but will bow out if you'd rather not ship. I'm not worried about the cleanup on the parts because I can bead blast them at work and put new bushings in the control arms. The shipping cost will probably be higher than what you quoted, because I'm in Canada. But I'm used to the costs for shipping. LMK what you decide. Jensen racing: maybe we could hook up on a PM and discuss?? I'm only missing these 2 parts to upgrade to my FE2 suspension.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I fully understand if you want to sell to Jensen racing. The price you gave for the suspension parts is really good. I'd really like to get them, but will bow out if you'd rather not ship. I'm not worried about the cleanup on the parts because I can bead blast them at work and put new bushings in the control arms. The shipping cost will probably be higher than what you quoted, because I'm in Canada. But I'm used to the costs for shipping. LMK what you decide. Jensen racing: maybe we could hook up on a PM and discuss?? I'm only missing these 2 parts to upgrade to my FE2 suspension.
Why don't you guy's (Eric and Allan) decide what you want to do tonight, his number is posted above. Eric can get part or all when he comes to get the rearend tomorrow (Sat)

So, I'll leave that up to you. Glen

Last edited by Mr Big; June 5th, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Mr. Big first Thanks for being a righteous dude, why not make the other two guys happy, I would have been buying all the stuff as spares and a gear change and my car is a ways from being on the road. if the deal falls through with these guys let me know

besides Jensen is my mothers maiden name and the anniversary of her passing is in a couple of days so it is like karma ....

my home email is ejhansen@comcast.net

speed on bruthas!!
Yes indeed, "Karma" does go around, things happen for a reason. G.
Old June 5th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Allan, if you want the suspension parts that is fine. if you don't want them i would get them to put on my wife's car that i have not even started to build yet. in fact i don't even have it yet. i am just doing her car backwards. i am starting by collecting the parts first. once i have a car, i want to do it faster than i can save the money, this way i can do a little at a time then find the car i want to put them on.
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Allan, if you want the suspension parts that is fine. if you don't want them i would get them to put on my wife's car that i have not even started to build yet. in fact i don't even have it yet. i am just doing her car backwards. i am starting by collecting the parts first. once i have a car, i want to do it faster than i can save the money, this way i can do a little at a time then find the car i want to put them on.
Why don't you guy's (Eric and Allan) decide what you want to do tonight, his number is posted above. Eric can get part or all when he comes to get the rearend tomorrow (Sat)

So, I'll leave that up to you. Glen
Done, sent Jensenracing a PM tonight. I'll take the suspension parts and he'll take the posi. So, I guess you can consider them both sold! I'll send you another PM to get all the details worked out. Thanks to both of you for making this work.
Old June 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM

thanks again glen, it looks great! we got home at 5:30 with no trouble. on the way down we almost hit a Mexican dude that pulled right out in front of us but made it out of that one. that guy had to wet his pants, all he seen when he looked up was our front bumper headed for his door and a horn blowing. after i calmed down i had to laugh because of how scared he looked.
Old June 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

thanks again glen, it looks great! we got home at 5:30 with no trouble. on the way down we almost hit a Mexican dude that pulled right out in front of us but made it out of that one. that guy had to wet his pants, all he seen when he looked up was our front bumper headed for his door and a horn blowing. after i calmed down i had to laugh because of how scared he looked.
Good to hear that your trip was aahhhh relatively uneventful. Glad that you could laugh at the close call and weren't hurt. So long as it wasn't you who wet yourself!! I know what you mean about having to calm down afterwards. I tend to think that I shudda hit just to teach him a lesson, but then a calmer head prevails when you think about how it would affect everyone, and the extra unnecessary damage.

If the posi you got looks great, I'm betting the suspension parts are going to be equally good. Post a pic of the posi for me would ya? I'm curious to see what this 12bolt one looks like. I'm still on the hunt for my carrier. Can get it from monzaz or new from probably auburn. Depends on price. Good news!! My Mrs. said it's no problem - it can be my birthday present. (tommorrow) yea!!!!
Old June 8th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Nice meeting you and the miss, glad you made it home safely...you guys must have decided not to go Spelunking.

I'm gonna try to hook you up with my co-worker's father who also owns one of those yellow cars.
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Nice meeting you and the miss, glad you made it home safely...you guys must have decided not to go Spelunking.

I'm gonna try to hook you up with my co-worker's father who also owns one of those yellow cars.
yes, we decided that with the kids being at my parents house we would go home and spend time alone.... for a little while.