A/c delete

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2020, 04:33 AM

A/c delete

I got a 71 Cutlass and I've already pulled the evaporator box on it. I've tried to put the part on that I've ordered to cover up the hole on the firewall but it's not fitting, and not sure why?
Part number 010902 Detroit speed. It says it's made for a 66-72 a body. Either I've got the wrong part from the warehouse or order the wrong thing. What part is best used for this project? Thanks in advance..
Old May 1st, 2020, 05:28 AM
Old(s) Fart

The part you ordered is a heater delete plate for heater-only cars. It does not fit A/C cars because the firewall cutouts are different.
Old May 1st, 2020, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The part you ordered is a heater delete plate for heater-only cars. It does not fit A/C cars because the firewall cutouts are different.
oh.. That explains it. Lol I see now. Thanks
Old December 28th, 2021, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Hi Joe, I'm resurrecting this old thread-- somewhat related.... have you ever seen a reproduction delete plate for the heater controls? Specifically, for 1969 442/Cutlass? Thinking about adding Dakota digital's climate control for the vintage air system and a blank plate would be great to cut into for mounting.