General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Alliance Olds meet Sunday 8/22

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Alliance Olds meet Sunday 8/22

One of the few car shows I make a point to attend every year.
Any of you gonna be there?
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:22 AM

I'll be there. But neither of my cars will be. Its an awesome show, and the swap meet is pretty good.
Mike
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Registered

My car's all fixed and ready, if I am I'll be there for sure.

The swap meet is good, actually has Oldsmobile stuff.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:41 AM

Sure enough. Going to get a car that day, stopping in on the way back.
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Trying to remember member

I'm going! Not sure if I'm taking a car yet.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

The Prettiest One and I will be there, and hopefully my daughter with my Intrigue!! I would love to meet you guys that I haven't met yet!!! We should plan on getting together by someone's car at a set time or something! I did a lot of walking around last year, so I'm not always with my car. It's gonna be fun!! Hope we have good weather.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by wmachine
I'm going! Not sure if I'm taking a car yet.
You thinking about going on horseback
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

Wolfie.... you're bein a shi*, lol!!!!!
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
The Prettiest One and I will be there, and hopefully my daughter with my Intrigue!! I would love to meet you guys that I haven't met yet!!! We should plan on getting together by someone's car at a set time or something! I did a lot of walking around last year, so I'm not always with my car. It's gonna be fun!! Hope we have good weather.
Party at Sandy's' car!!

wel116.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
wel116.jpg (16.1 KB, 0 views)
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Alright!!!!! And I'm sure one of you nice "gentlemen" could put the quick disconnect on the battery for me!
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Alright!!!!! And I'm sure one of you nice "gentlemen" could put the quick disconnect on the battery for me!
I'll bring a 24" pipe wrench and my sidepost battery terminal bolt vise grips .

I forget to turn that switch on sometimes and get the worse feeling in the world when I turn the key and nothing, not even the idiot lights.
I get best feeling in the world about five seconds later when I remember that the juice is turned off.
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!! You just make me laugh!!!! Seriously... we need a plan to meet everyone somewhere at the show.
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Matthew Reader

I'll be there with my dad, but our cars will all be in California!
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's great you're going to attend anyhow!!
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Matthew Reader

I remember this show having a GREAT turnout when we first started it in the 80s...
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM

Swap meet has really improved over the last few years.
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Registered

I got my tools together.
I'll bring a vacuum and Ultimate Cloth so you can hoover the Vista's carpet and do the windows Sandy. I have some dirty laundry you can take care of too, the laundromat is right around the corner from the mall, send Nicole. No starch for my wife beater undershirts but I do like them ironed with a sharp crease down the middle of the front and back.

Who you calling a gentleman?...lady.
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....Who you calling a gentleman?...lady.

Certainly not you.... sir!! lol! You crack me up! I'll give ya starch alright! I'll have my Ultimate Cloth with me - always do. Gotta keep the dust off her windows ya know!! We can use them to dry the cars if they get rained on.

The show opens at 9 but I probably won't be there that early since they're calling for morning storms, but we'll see what it looks like. I have to wash and wax the Intrigue so I'm hoping the storms miss us tomorrow as well. I'm gonna put the Intrigue in Larry's garage overnight.

So..... are we gonna set a time we can all meet at my car or wherever so we can all get to know each other??? How about it, all of you who we don't know??

I still don't have my Ketcham Olds display done, or a flagpole.... maybe I'll drape the flag over my seats!
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Registered

.....Who you calling a gentleman?...lady.

Certainly not you.... sir!! lol! You crack me up! I'll give ya starch alright! I'll have my Ultimate Cloth with me - always do. Gotta keep the dust off her windows ya know!! We can use them to dry the cars if they get rained on.

The show opens at 9 but I probably won't be there that early since they're calling for morning storms, but we'll see what it looks like. I have to wash and wax the Intrigue so I'm hoping the storms miss us tomorrow as well. I'm gonna put the Intrigue in Larry's garage overnight.

So..... are we gonna set a time we can all meet at my car or wherever so we can all get to know each other??? How about it, all of you who we don't know??

I still don't have my Ketcham Olds display done, or a flagpole.... maybe I'll drape the flag over my seats!
They may be apprehensive about meeting up because you're so intimidating Sandy.

Lure them with food, set up a bake sale at the swap meet or drop crumbs leading to a big cake in your trunk. If you do the swap shape the stuff like cars so it's auto related and you won't break the rules, doughnuts are O for Oldsmobile.
I still don't know how Ninja swords, ceramic porcelain eagles with American flags, Indian chief heads and wolf statues are auto related??

With her McDonalds training Nicole will probably ask everybody if they want fries with their chocolate brownies though.
Hmmm... doesn't sound bad, the dichotomy of tastes accented with a generous slathering of ketchup may be an epicurean delight of galactic proportions??
Wrapped in bacon and deep fried would make it even better.
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:33 AM

Where is this at? I may be able to attend. Thanks.
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:39 AM

I'd like to go but where from central ohio is it? maybe some directions and thanks...jim
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM

Google Alliance OH Olds show. Its in the Carnation Mall parking lot.
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Get the flyer here.

http://www.northernohiooldsclub.com/...nce%202010.pdf
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by coldwar
Calling for rain and heat now
That's not what I'm seeing, at least as far as heat goes. They're calling for a high of 79 and scattered thunderstorms (60% chance). Bring an umbrella, but I don't think anyone will be broiling.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USOH0013
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....They may be apprehensive about meeting up because you're so intimidating Sandy.

You are on a roll again today, lol!! I am the least intimidating person around! I am nice and friendly as you well know you shi*!! And I can't be puttin any cakes in the trunk - you know I have accessories, lol!!

I checked the weather, and they're saying a 30% chance of t storms here, and it jumps to 60% in Alliance. Oh well. It is what it is. At least it's not supposed to be baking hot - which I really don't mind. I just hope it doesn't get all humid. Uggghhh.....
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

There's a 40% chance that there won't be showers.

Been like that all summer , rains at night a little then threatens in the morning and does liitle to nothing. We haven't had a good soaking rain since spring, the dirt is all cracked up and the grass is turning brown...famous last words.
I have a big beach umbrella and I made a hole in my floor jack case to stick it in for a holder, could always use Sandy's flag for a canopy too.
Me and Sandy both took our cars to the BOP show in the rain, that's what separates the men (and Sandy) from the boys .
I need to get me some chalk and scribble on my firewall.
Me thinks an unfinished Tic-Tac-Toe game and "Kilroy was Here" with the little guy would look good.
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

....I need to get me some chalk and scribble on my firewall.

Why??? What does chalk marks on the firewall mean??? And you're not using my beautiful flag as a canopy! I'll use your umbrella pole and floor jack for my flag, lol!!
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

....I need to get me some chalk and scribble on my firewall.

Why??? What does chalk marks on the firewall mean??? And you're not using my beautiful flag as a canopy! I'll use your umbrella pole and floor jack for my flag, lol!!
You don't have chalk marks???
Uh-Oh....

That flag would make a nice cargo floor cover for the Vista.

I need something to keep from scratching the paint back there for when I haul my cruise-in and car show luxurious pleather couch around, I'm getting tired of lawn chairs.
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Prepare to get smacked, ok??
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
You thinking about going on horseback
When I was buying my Greyhound ticket to visit cousins (mom's side) in West Virginia the ticket agent asked "Do you want to go via Buffalo?"... I said,.... I bet you know what I said......I said, "No, I want to go via bus." My cousin from Europe (dad's side) damn near threw up a lung.
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM

For those who are interested and don't know:
It's about 15 miles ENE (East-Northeast) of Canton, Ohio off Route 62 at the Carnation Mall Parking lot.
Excellent Oldsmobile Show. Used to be called "Olds Performance Car Chapter Show".

Usually a couple of hundred cars.
Mostly 4-4-2's, but, a little bit of everything on back to the oldies.
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 67442nut
Used to be called "Olds Performance Car Chapter Show".
I don't think so. The Performance Chapter was headquartered in Springboro, Ohio, which is south of Dayton. The Northern Ohio Chapter has been called that since it was founded, I believe, and their show has never been called anything but the Northern Ohio Chapter Car Show. The Performance Chapter is now defunct, although I think there's a group trying to revive it in some form.
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM

A few pics from Past shows:

Bigpicture-1.jpg
442s-2.jpg
442s-1.jpg
DSCN0367.jpg
DSCN2387.jpg
DSCN2386.jpg
DSCN2385.jpg
DSCN2384.jpg
DSCN2383.jpg
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
That's not what I'm seeing, at least as far as heat goes. They're calling for a high of 79 and scattered thunderstorms (60% chance). Bring an umbrella, but I don't think anyone will be broiling.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USOH0013

The forecast has changed considerably, and for the better. Now (Saturday morning) they're calling for a high of 79 and mostly sunny with only a 10% chance of rain. Yesterday it was a 60% chance. Sounds like it could be a perfect day for a car show, especially considering it's mid-August, which usually means hot, sticky weather.
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

this moron will probably be there with a rusty 72 H/O

sold my g/f and i a w-31,lied through his teeth about the car

that's ok,though.we sold it and did really well.

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM

I don't think so. The Performance Chapter was headquartered in Springboro, Ohio, which is south of Dayton. The Northern Ohio Chapter has been called that since it was founded, I believe, and their show has never been called anything but the Northern Ohio Chapter Car Show. The Performance Chapter is now defunct, although I think there's a group trying to revive it in some form.
You're quite right. There were various locations of the Olds Performance Chapter prior to and after Springboro.
Ed (67442nut), perhaps you are thinking about the OPC meets that were held in Boardman in the OPC years prior to Springboro. The Carnation Mall meets have always been Northern Ohio Chapter meets.

Yes, the new Oldsmobile Performance Club is in "some form" a revival of the old OPC. I hate to sound cliche-ic, but it is quite "new and improved". There are many of the same cast of characters running the club, but we have all grown, have learned a lot over the years, and bring much more to the table now. The goals of the club are more mature, meaningful and are more far reaching. Now and to future generations. And using modern technology to make this all happen.
I'll be happy to send anyone who is interested the details. You can email me at wmachine@shubes.net
Attached Images
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:59 AM

There were various locations of the Olds Performance Chapter prior to and after Springboro.
I have a few questions.

1. Why did it die out? When I last was paying attention, it seemed to be going pretty strong there in Springboro. Many Mid-Ohio people would go to their annual show, and, while they focused obviously on performance, they welcomed all Oldsmobiles, and everyone always had a good time. This was 10+ years ago.

2. What various locations did it have after Springboro?

3. Where is it headquartered now? I mean, where will the shows be held, assuming there starts being shows again?

4. Will the new club affiliate with the OCA?
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM

I have a few questions.
1. Why did it die out? When I last was paying attention, it seemed to be going pretty strong there in Springboro. Many Mid-Ohio people would go to their annual show, and, while they focused obviously on performance, they welcomed all Oldsmobiles, and everyone always had a good time. This was 10+ years ago.
Good questions. Yes, the old OPC were some great times and great meets. The OPC was headed by Jim Hosey who lived in Springboro and had the meets in the Dayton area every year. (Jim also headed the Gem City Rockets and served as a Zone Director in OCA.)
The main reason the OPC went away was there wasn't the need for it that there originally was.
When the OPC was formed, even '64 442s were less than 20 years old and thus not even being antiques yet (by automotive standards), and they were not well accepted (shunned even) by the Oldsmobile Club of America. So they formed their own group and for many years were not even an OCA chapter. But as the years passed, the OCA ranks became more filled in with "performance" Oldsmobiles and thus performance interested members. So the integration into OCA lessened the need for the chapter.

2. What various locations did it have after Springboro?
The chapter really struggled, "went" to Canada briefly, I believe, and end up (and ended) in Florida.

3. Where is it headquartered now? I mean, where will the shows be held, assuming there starts being shows again?
That is one of the things now that has changed. Due mainly to the internet, there is not a "headquarter" location. Officers and staff are in multiple states. Meets are to be at various locations across the country, and for practical purposes will often be in conjunction with other events. This year, a race at Lebanon NY was the same Sat as the the Nats in Sturbridge.
Still in the planning stage, the OPC is to host the car show in conjunction with the Dick Miller Olds Powered Nats in Norwalk OH.
Many other things are being considered.

4. Will the new club affiliate with the OCA?
Probably. Chapter application has been made, and OCA has quite frankly been dragging with any kind of response.
Chapter status with OCA is not going to be a necessary thing to keep OPC going. OPC already has tools in use and plans being executed that are already beyond the scope of OCA.
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM

Red face

You're quite right. There were various locations of the Olds Performance Chapter prior to and after Springboro.
Ed (67442nut), perhaps you are thinking about the OPC meets that were held in Boardman in the OPC years prior to Springboro. The Carnation Mall meets have always been Northern Ohio Chapter meets.

Yes, the new Oldsmobile Performance Club is in "some form" a revival of the old OPC. I hate to sound cliche-ic, but it is quite "new and improved". There are many of the same cast of characters running the club, but we have all grown, have learned a lot over the years, and bring much more to the table now. The goals of the club are more mature, meaningful and are more far reaching. Now and to future generations. And using modern technology to make this all happen.
I'll be happy to send anyone who is interested the details. You can email me at wmachine@shubes.net
My mistake.
The first time I'd heard about the Alliance show was in 2002.
I was sure I'd heard it called the"Oldsmobile Performance Chapter National Meet" or something like that.
I thought I remembered the words "Performance Chapter" in reference to this show.
I really had no knowledge of, or ever heard of, a "Performance Chapter" prior to that.
Guess I was wrong.

Remember, I'm from West Virginia.
We only recently started having sunlight piped in here.
Until I acquired Internet access, I thought I was the only person alive
who was still interested in Oldsmobiles and not Chevy or Ford!

As far as I know, there is no OCA chapter or any other form of Olds Club in West Virginia.
In fact, I remember the Northern Ohio Chapter having a membership drive at Alliance one year.
I asked about joining and was told I had to be from Ohio.
I think the guy just didn't like my accent.

Last edited by 67442nut; August 21st, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM

The OPC was headed by Jim Hosey
Thanks for the info.

Whatever happened to Jim Hosey? Didn't he run the chapter with this wife?

Quick Reply: Alliance Olds meet Sunday 8/22