General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

How do I do it?

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2015, 08:06 AM

How do I do it?

So I'm currently in high school and I inherited a 67 ambassador that needs a lot of work that needs to be done to It, but the problem is that I don't have the money to unless it's around summer and I don't have anybody to help me out considering that my dad left my mom when I was a baby, most of the people I know only know how to work on trucks and it's sad to say but I live in a bad neighborhood where my own grandpa can't help me because he does drugs, and I'm losing motivation in fixing it up because I have no help I really want to keep it but i don't know what to do any help please
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:11 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Welcome to ClassicOlds, Ckuny.

Unfortunately, I can't come up with an easy solution to your complicated problem regarding a lack of space, funds, and knowledge, other than to say that slow, steady work and patience are the best ways to make progress, but I can suggest that you try asking about your car on an AMC forum, since Ambassador was made by AMC / Rambler, and not by Oldsmobile.

Best of luck!

- Eric
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:57 AM

This is more personal advice than mechanical. I'd either store it or let it go for the best offer you can get. Try selling it through an AMC Forum. MDchanic was right with regard to finding expertise, and possibly a target market to sell on an American Motors Co. Forum.

Through no fault of your own you're not yet equipped for a challenge like a 1967 AMC car. Bad timing getting the car now instead of later. Your highest priority should be to finish your education and find your life's direction. You sound like you have a lot of potential. Handling this issue will be an exercise in learning to make good judgements by setting aside emotion and 'wants' and dealing with reality. Hold on to that desire but save it for when you have the resources, time and space.
Much success to you in your future,
Jerry
Old September 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM

Where are you located? My brother is an AMC fanatic, maybe he could help you in some way..Boz