General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

forum question

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM

forum question

im new to this and have placed a exhaust question in the engine forum. i have not received much feedback on my question.. i was wondering if i should place the same question in this forum? or poss. another to get more feedback? also if i should, how can i copy my previous question and transfer it to another forum? any help would help me thanks
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Not trying to be critical here:

You have 1 of 2 options available to you, it really boils down to personal preference and what do you want to spend your money on? You basically answered your own question.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...t-problem.html
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I think it's the right forum, but some questions are tougher to answer than others, and sometimes it takes a while for someone who knows the answer to chime in.

I have no idea myself, but would say that the difference probably doesn't matter at all in your application.

Give the thread a little bump now and then, and someone will tell you what you need to know.

Oh, and, Welcome!

- Eric
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
sometimes it takes a while for someone who knows the answer to chime in.
Not only that, Trans am, but you posted your question on the day before Thanksgiving. Even this very active board is likely to see a slowdown in visits in the days surrounding Thanksgiving.

Patience!
Old November 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Most of us will answer what we can, if we've time, but we're not computers that give instantanious answers!
Jobs, family, kids, and a lot of things are variables we can't control, but patience can be!!
You haven't seen when we all jump on a problem to help someone out, and they never come back to say what fixed it!
But no one holds a grudge!
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:29 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Originally Posted by Rickman48
You haven't seen when we all jump on a problem to help someone out, and they never come back to say what fixed it!
Sadly this happens on most or even every car related forum.

Have you tried any Fbody forums?. Not that there isn't a broad base of helpful, knowledgwable information here, but the wider you cast your net the more chance of getting the help you want.

Roger.
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by rustyroger
Sadly this happens on most or even every car related forum.

Have you tried any Fbody forums?. Not that there isn't a broad base of helpful, knowledgwable information here, but the wider you cast your net the more chance of getting the help you want.

Roger.
thanks for taking time to reply to my question.. i will look into some other forums and also look forward to future responses on this site!!
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Another reoccurring theme on here, is when new guys come in with an unrealistic budget.
Originally Posted by some_N00B
"I want do do wheelies with my 4000 lb 140 horse turdmobile.
I am going to college soon and have no money. If I sell some more girl scout cookies with my sister, I can get a pair of dry rotted slicks from my friend that may or may not fit."

Please advise.
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

To answer your question Mr. 79 TRANS AM,

I don't know the best approach for the manifolds that you have, because I can't see pictures of them, and/or don't know the casting numbers so
I can't visualize it in my head.

I do know that headers will fix your problem instantly. They make long tube and short tube that would bolt right in......but you have chosen not to use them.

May I ask why?

You seem polite and reasonable already after just 5 posts. WELCOME to the site.
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
To answer your question Mr. 79 TRANS AM,

I don't know the best approach for the manifolds that you have, because I can't see pictures of them, and/or don't know the casting numbers so
I can't visualize it in my head.

I do know that headers will fix your problem instantly. They make long tube and short tube that would bolt right in......but you have chosen not to use them.

May I ask why?

You seem polite and reasonable already after just 5 posts. WELCOME to the site.
hello thanks for reply

i understand unreasonable budgets would end a discussion pretty quick, but im well into my thirties with a good job and have been working on this project for many years.. im going for a stock look to this rebuild and understand that headers seem to be the quick and easy step to fix this disappointing problem i have.. so that leads me to make a decision about this problem,,, ive gone back and forth in my mind on which way to go.. even though i spending more money to get the thorntons exhaust manifolds and calling this problem done.. i just wanted to ask others out there what their thoughts were and if the extra money spent is worth it overall. pics would help you and so far i would have to snap a few and post them....