General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

A/C Duct

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM

A/C Duct

i was wondering does anyone knows what r my options in replacing my ac ducts......or where i can purchase them from...im putting my dash back together and seen dat my vent ducts need replacing....Any ideals????
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:44 PM

the plastic parts or the paper/cardboard hoses. The plastic parts you need to find used. The hoses are reproduced, well some of them are, the rectangular ones are not but you can find the round hoses at the repo companies.
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by dhartley72
i was wondering does anyone knows what r my options in replacing my ac ducts......or where i can purchase them from...im putting my dash back together and seen dat my vent ducts need replacing....Any ideals????
No one reproduces them. I assume that your car is a 72 Cutlass??? If yes, you can get donor AC parts from 70-72 Cutlass/442/CS/Vista Cruisers. If yours are not in good shape (like having broken pieces) you'll have to buy them from wreckers or on line. The duct work is fairly common as on ebay. If you need to highlight the dash vents, you can use gundam markers (chrome) or Sharpies silver paint sticks. They do a really good job. I tried the Sharpies on my 72 dash vents and they look amazing, not chrome, but really really really good, + the pen doesn't leave drips or uneven surfaces if you have a steady hand. Best part is the paint sticks are cheap compared to plastic chroming.

Might be a good idea to post a pic or 2 of the pieces you need in case someone has them. John (2blu442) in Medford is a really good source for these parts.