General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

69 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM

69 Spoiler

Hey guys, just had a vender refuse to sale me a repop spoiler for my 69 Cutlass stating that it was not the right profile for my car and only fit a 70-72 Cutlass. Excuse me, but isnt it the exact same as the required part for the 69 H/O? Anyone?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
delete

Thye never installed them on convertibles from the factory. Maybe that was it.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:05 AM

http://wmachineregistry.com/index.ph...-for-sale.html

So this is what I amgoing for execept for the color is nassua blue (52 code) and 442 hood stripes instead of the mailboc scoops......technically then the performance shop installed them on the 3ish or 5ish H/O verts?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM

Ron, that brings up a good point, is the coupe and convertable trunk not the same angle? I figure the holiday my have a faster slope due to the top configuration.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
delete

Any of the aftermkt wings will install on your car & look like the pics in the link. What vendor turned down $$ in the name of originality?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM

http://wmachineregistry.com/index.ph...-for-sale.html

So this is what I amgoing for execept for the color is nassua blue (52 code) and 442 hood stripes instead of the mailboc scoops......technically then the performance shop installed them on the 3ish or 5ish H/O verts?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM

A resto shop outside of Charles Town, WV. Very nice guys no doubt and I have no complaint about them at all other than I need the part before the paint goes down on my car. Thats why I posted to find out if it was a problem I didnt know about. When He said "the computer doesnt list your cars year model so I cant sale it to you" He also stated some issue another customer had previously with the "profile" on a 69 so it wasnt a convertable issue from what I gathered talking to him.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by '69CutlassVert'
A resto shop outside of Charles Town, WV. Very nice guys no doubt and I have no complaint about them at all other than I need the part before the paint goes down on my car. Thats why I posted to find out if it was a problem I didnt know about. When He said "the computer doesnt list your cars year model so I cant sale it to you" He also stated some issue another customer had previously with the "profile" on a 69 so it wasnt a convertable issue from what I gathered talking to him.
As noted, the convertibles have a different trunklid slope than the xx77 and xx87 bodies. Yes, the wing has been installed on 68-72 convertibles, but it never really looked right to me (well, except on the 69 H/O convertibles). I wonder if Hurst shaved the bottoms of the uprights to correct the angle.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Old(s) Fart

By the way, what resto shop is this? I'm only about 20 minutes from Charles Town.
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Joe, thanks for the info. I did not know the trunk angle was different. I figure to do a dry run and was totally ready to do a base adjustment.
http://usapartssupply.com/ is the website Joe. I went there yesterday and as I suspected, great guys with a lot of inventory and information. After telling them what I was doing they sold me the spoiler and gave me 30 days to decide if it would work or return it for a full refund. I recommend this vendor highly. Specially Joe if you are that close you can save a ton on shipping. BTW-I work every other week in Winchester, gimme a call and we can take a ride.

Brent
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by '69CutlassVert'
Joe, thanks for the info. I did not know the trunk angle was different. I figure to do a dry run and was totally ready to do a base adjustment.
http://usapartssupply.com/ is the website Joe. I went there yesterday and as I suspected, great guys with a lot of inventory and information. After telling them what I was doing they sold me the spoiler and gave me 30 days to decide if it would work or return it for a full refund. I recommend this vendor highly. Specially Joe if you are that close you can save a ton on shipping. BTW-I work every other week in Winchester, gimme a call and we can take a ride.

Brent
Brent,

I've been to USA Parts Supply back when they were in Manassas, VA. Haven't been to the new place in WV yet.