1969 442 Door Jamb Switch Question

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2016 | 06:49 PM

1969 442 Door Jamb Switch Question

I need help wiring my door jamb switches. The driver side switch is a 3 pin switch and the passenger side switch is a two blade. The main harness has a black wire and white wire that go to the driver side switch. It also has a white wire that goes to the passenger switch. The problem is both the courtesy light harness and the console harness has a white with black stripe wire that goes to each jamb. Does one supersede the other? Do you splice them together? Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 6th, 2016 | 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by timholliday
I need help wiring my door jamb switches. The driver side switch is a 3 pin switch and the passenger side switch is a two blade. The main harness has a black wire and white wire that go to the driver side switch. It also has a white wire that goes to the passenger switch. The problem is both the courtesy light harness and the console harness has a white with black stripe wire that goes to each jamb. Does one supersede the other? Do you splice them together? Any help would be appreciated.
The black wire goes to the horn relay under the hood, thats what buzzes when the door is open with the keys in the ignition. The white wire goes to the courtesy lamp, the white with black tracer goes to the courtesy lamps in the console. Im not really sure why GM wanted to isolate the console and courtesy lamps, if the white and black wire and solid white wires were connected together the courtesy lamps in both the headliner and console would work together. Maybe someone in readerland can explain the reasoning?