The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Food for a troll.

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Food for a troll.

From the following thread: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-tripower.html

Originally Posted by 88 coupe
........ Linkage was vacuum operated and secondaries were not progressive ........
This post was intended to give the OP a "heads up". If his has the vacuum system, he might be able to eliminate a possibility or two.

It was not an invitation for you to hijack that thread, for the purpose of starting a pizzing contest.

Originally Posted by f-85
You do not have a clue.
Well i can tell the the wording you used was exactly the same as the article i found. So it really doesnt matter what book or website it came from, its still the same.
You still do not have a clue.

........ J-2 Golden Rocket

The 1957 and 1958 J-2 Golden Rocket had three two-barrel carburetors with a vacuum-operated progressive linkage. Only the center carburetor was mechanically connected to the throttle pedal, and it was the only one equipped with a choke. When the center carburetor was opened to 60° or more engine vacuum drawn from the windshield wiper pump would simultaneously open the front and rear carburetors. These carburetors did not open progressively; they were either open or closed. The J-2 engine also had a slightly thinner head gasket, raising compression to 10.0:1. It was advertised with gross power and torque ratings of 312 hp (232 kW) @ 4600 rpm and 415 lb·ft (562 N·m) @ 2800 rpm. Oldsmobile charged $83 for the J-2 option.

In practice, owners who did not regularly drive hard enough to engage the front and rear carburetors experienced problems with the linkage and carburetor throats becoming clogged, and some J-2-equipped cars had the front and rear carburetors removed and blocked off. The package was expensive to produce, and Oldsmobile discontinued it after 1958
This quote contains several errors.

Since you are so good at finding irregularities, why don't you point out a few of them for us?

Norm
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Troll LOL Your just a grumpy old man! LOL
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Get used to it.

Norm
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Get used to it.

Norm

Its cool. I am.
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM

My posting style has already been discussed ad-nauseum. You have not been covering any fresh ground, here.

I love how you correct people rudely ........
I love how you read, into my posts, what I did not write.

........ Im sure your not really a mean person ........
1) You have no idea what kind of person I am.
2) What kind of person I am, has nothing to do with this, or any other thread.

........ You just come off that way ........
Either get used to it, or ignore it. Do not show your immaturity, by hijack/trashing someone else's thread with your personal attacks.

........ I was just helping my buddy strip his 3x2 348 for rebuilding last night. Only reason for my post was after seeing nbfalj's post it got me thinking more about 3x2 setups. I like to read and learn about Olds stuff, so i goggled J2. I know on my buddys 3x2 it has only a choke on the center, so i wanted to know more about the olds setup. Tats when i found the article i posted ........
And this is supposed to excuse/explain your childish attitude?

........ I had no intentions of starting crap ........
Doesn't change the fact that you did start it. First time I heard "But I didn't mean to do it" was in kindergarten. It was a pretty feeble excuse when tried by a 4 year old.

........ Just wanted to help a little ........
Here it is, again:

I love how you correct people.

Norm I see where you got that from. But you forgot the first sentence ........
Just how you you think an off topic, personal attack could be a useful contribution?

J-2 Golden Rocket

The 1957 and 1958 J-2 Golden Rocket had three two-barrel carburetors with a vacuum-operated progressive linkage. Only the center carburetor was mechanically connected to the throttle pedal, and it was the only one equipped with a choke. When the center carburetor was opened to 60° or more engine vacuum drawn from the windshield wiper pump would simultaneously open the front and rear carburetors. These carburetors did not open progressively; they were either open or closed. The J-2 engine also had a slightly thinner head gasket, raising compression to 10.0:1. It was advertised with gross power and torque ratings of 312 hp (232 kW) @ 4600 rpm and 415 lb·ft (562 N·m) @ 2800 rpm. Oldsmobile charged $83 for the J-2 option.

In practice, owners who did not regularly drive hard enough to engage the front and rear carburetors experienced problems with the linkage and carburetor throats becoming clogged, and some J-2-equipped cars had the front and rear carburetors removed and blocked off. The package was expensive to produce, and Oldsmobile discontinued it after 1958
And how do you think an off topic "cut and paste" that is full of errors could be a useful contribution?

........ So sorry if i offended you by my comment i posted ........
Me? Offended? You still do not have a clue.

........ Stop being such a grump
Stop attacking the messenger, because you do not understand the message.

Norm
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Hey Norm

I think you took it all the wrong way. Look back at my original post and think about it. Read it a few times if you have to. If you still dont get it. Ask somebody else.
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Norm sent you a PM
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:58 PM

........ I think you took it all the wrong way ........
I took it the way it was written (I did not read anything that was not there) and, as I always do, responded in a like manner.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Norm
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:59 PM

sent you a PM
Yes you did.

Norm
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Past Administrator

ALL of this should be in PM form.