Window Fuzzies

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2009, 10:16 AM

Window Fuzzies

Hi, I have purchased new door panels (Legendary Interiors) for my 67 Cutlass Supreme. I am also replacing the door fuzzies. I noticed the fuzzy on the outer door skin has a small chrome strip. I received new fuzzies with the car when I purchased it. However, these fuzzies don't have the chrome strip. The problem is the car has been repainted and the small chrome strip was taped off. If I remove the outer fuzzie with the chrome strip and replace it with the new fuzzy there is a distinct line of old paint that doesn't look good. Is there a special set of fuzzies for the 67 Cutlass Supreme? I suppose I could glue and screw the new fuzzy to the old strip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Carl
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by cbogartjr
Hi, I have purchased new door panels (Legendary Interiors) for my 67 Cutlass Supreme. I am also replacing the door fuzzies. I noticed the fuzzy on the outer door skin has a small chrome strip. I received new fuzzies with the car when I purchased it. However, these fuzzies don't have the chrome strip. The problem is the car has been repainted and the small chrome strip was taped off. If I remove the outer fuzzie with the chrome strip and replace it with the new fuzzy there is a distinct line of old paint that doesn't look good. Is there a special set of fuzzies for the 67 Cutlass Supreme? I suppose I could glue and screw the new fuzzy to the old strip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Carl
Define "small chrome strip". Some cars had a small chrome bead about 1/4" across on the outer fuzzies. These can be bought from the repro houses. Olds also had option B90, which was the side window reveal molding. This was a chrome strip about 3/4" wide that was attached to the fuzzies and ran along the tops of the doors and rear quarter at the base of the side glass. If this is what you're talking about, these pieces are unique to the Olds A-body cars and are not reproduced. Your only option is to carefully remove the old trim and attach it to the new fuzzies, if possible.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Old(s) Fart

Pictures with and without B90

These are 1966s, but you get the idea:

With B90

Without B90

Old January 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Thanks Joe, it is the small 1/8 to 1/4 in bead. I think I can attach the new fuzzy to the piece that has the bead, with a little engineering.
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Old(s) Fart

Thanks Joe, it is the small 1/8 to 1/4 in bead. I think I can attach the new fuzzy to the piece that has the bead, with a little engineering.
The small bead is simply crimped over the rubber. The aftermarket sells three types of outer fuzzies. The "bare" fuzzies (no chrome at all), the flat chrome bead, and the correct round chrome bead. The latter are the most expensive because they are the only factory correct repros. Personally, I'd just get the correct parts.
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM

Joe, you're right...I ordered new ones from OPGI this morning. They have the bead. Thanks again.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Wow...I am having trouble here. I ordered new window fuzzies from OPGI with the bead. I received the fuzzies only to find out they were 28 1/4" long. Mine are 31 1/2" long. I return the ones I had and received another set a bit different. They had the correct clips for the exterior of the door, but. again 28 1/4" long. I believe I have a Holiday coupe, but am not sure. I say it' a Holiday Coupe, because it has the C/S interior door emblems. I am sure of the length at 31 1/2". Can anyone tell me which model fuzzies I need. OPGI is going to send me another set for a 442.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Old(s) Fart

Wow...I am having trouble here. I ordered new window fuzzies from OPGI with the bead. I received the fuzzies only to find out they were 28 1/4" long. Mine are 31 1/2" long. I return the ones I had and received another set a bit different. They had the correct clips for the exterior of the door, but. again 28 1/4" long. I believe I have a Holiday coupe, but am not sure. I say it' a Holiday Coupe, because it has the C/S interior door emblems. I am sure of the length at 31 1/2". Can anyone tell me which model fuzzies I need. OPGI is going to send me another set for a 442.
Holiday Coupe is a hardtop, Sport Coupe has a post.
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:54 PM

OK..thanks Joe. Is there somewhere I can find out the length of the front door, outside, fuzzy for my car (31 1/2")? I understand my car it be a holiday coupe, (no pillar) Should the holiday coupe have the s/c emblems on the inside front door panel? I haven't put them back on yet, as I am waiting for the fuzzy resolution. I may not put them on if they don't belong. Just getting frustrated trying to get the right size fuzzy.