89 Custom Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2016, 10:30 AM

89 Custom Cruiser

Hello,

I have an 89 CC with 30k original miles on it, it doesn't have gages but rather has indicator lights. I'd like to know if anyone has found a digital device they have mounted to monitor coolant temp, oil pressure and battery volts that isn't too obtrusive. In my mind it could be something small mounted to the left of the steering column that can monitor all three by cycling thru the various readouts? Thoughts?

Also, a tape is stuck in my tape player, if I remove the tape player is there a way to get the tape out?

Thank You for looking!
Steven
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:26 PM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

I too would be interested in such a device(s).
Patience and steady hands are required to remove the tape from the player. Perhaps upgrading to a retro system might be an idea if you take the tape player out. In any case I wouldn't just remove the stuck tape, but have the thing overhauled while it's out. This may well cost more than simply replacing it with an up to date system would.

Roger.
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 89CustomCruiser
Hello,

I have an 89 CC with 30k original miles on it, it doesn't have gages but rather has indicator lights. I'd like to know if anyone has found a digital device they have mounted to monitor coolant temp, oil pressure and battery volts that isn't too obtrusive. In my mind it could be something small mounted to the left of the steering column that can monitor all three by cycling thru the various readouts? Thoughts?
You could also install a factory gauge pack.

PM me if interested, as I have one for sale.