Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Black 70-72 Console Restored

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:48 PM

Black 70-72 Console Restored

I just finished this. Very nice driver condition. It has a new liner. The hinge was repaired with four screws into the plastic the same way 70post suggested in this thread:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-question.html

Console was originally light brown. The holes were filled there the previous owner drilled through the housing. I did not glue the plastic hinge mount, just bolted it back so if the hinge ever needs to be repaired again it can easily be accessed. There is a scratch across the front up where the console will be under the dash. If someone wants to take the restoration a little further I used SEM Landau Black so it's easily matched.

The harness is included but the wiring appears to have at least one issue as the interior light bulb socket is missing a wire. I'm assuming the white wire is supposed to go to it but I wasn't sure so I figured I'd let the new owner figure it out. Latch functions fine but I do not have a key for it.

$375+ shipping

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Looks good Mike, good luck with it!

Brett

PS I suppose I should ask what you are doing with non-68 parts...
Old May 25th, 2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Paladin31
Looks good Mike, good luck with it!

Brett

PS I suppose I should ask what you are doing with non-68 parts...
Thanks Brett

I found this console locally on Craigslist for a good price and I bought it with the intention of flipping it.

I've been so busy on boating stuff I haven't had time to do much of anything with Olds stuff. I just sold an 83 Sea Ray Sundancer we've had for 17 years and bought a 97 Sea Ray Bowrider. I bought two boats last year (both bowriders) with the intention of restoring one of them. It turns out both were POS. I've been busy parting them out this whole spring to fund the new boat.
Old May 25th, 2015, 04:20 PM

The addiction extends to boats too...wow. Had no idea you were Nautically inclined. I've never owned a boat, but found a lot of fun in water skiing...was never good, just good enough not to drink the entire lake.
Old May 31st, 2015, 02:22 PM

I'll be in CT in the next month or so and I can probably deliver for free in MA, CT, NY, RI area
Old June 30th, 2015, 11:10 PM

Is this item still available?

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I just finished this. Very nice driver condition. It has a new liner. The hinge was repaired with four screws into the plastic the same way 70post suggested in this thread:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-question.html

Console was originally light brown. The holes were filled there the previous owner drilled through the housing. I did not glue the plastic hinge mount, just bolted it back so if the hinge ever needs to be repaired again it can easily be accessed. There is a scratch across the front up where the console will be under the dash. If someone wants to take the restoration a little further I used SEM Landau Black so it's easily matched.

The harness is included but the wiring appears to have at least one issue as the interior light bulb socket is missing a wire. I'm assuming the white wire is supposed to go to it but I wasn't sure so I figured I'd let the new owner figure it out. Latch functions fine but I do not have a key for it.

$375+ shipping

Old July 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dpc21
Is this item still available?

Sorry,

It sold through the Facebook Oldsmobile 442, W30, Hurst/Olds Group in about two days.

I'm going to look at another one this weekend that I may buy and restore.